Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
According to the rule yes, it was. But that’s not why they lost. They lost because Barkov make a big boy play and none of Boston’s 3rd and 4th line talent could, even when they were in alone. M
You say 3rd and 4th line talent so that could mean any line was on the ice.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
We haven’t played well enough, I’ll preface by saying that. But 21 power plays to 11 is unrealistic. Especially when the team with 11 was the most penalized team in the league all season. The NHL is the one losing out, a Boston vs. New York conference final would be a ratings dream.

I’m checking out of hockey if we lose, my son plays and I watch all year, I’ll be happy for the break not watching teams I don’t care about. And I bet a lot of you will be done too.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That’s like saying when Zacha was tripped at center ice, that it shouldn’t have been called because he wasn’t going to go all the way to the net and score,

You call the infraction based on the act, not the potential results.
Coyle turns around and boxes him out or ties up his stick it's not going in.And better yet if they had of dealt with Bennett maybe he still in infirmary.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Bruins brought a knife to a gun fight. Even revenge bit them in the ass. Got to get more than 15-20 shots a game. Allowing over 40 on Sway doesn't cut it. Refs fall for Tkuchuk's side show. He makes them look like fools every game. It's like they are addicted to being jackasses for him.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Bruins Or Die

May 15, 2021
While I certainly believe the grass isn’t always greener. I just don’t feel like Montgomery is the right fit for this team anymore.

You can certainly say he’s had exceptional results in his first two seasons, but the playoff performances are a terrible wart on his tenure. Constant flat performances, questionable line juggling, spineless post game diplomacy.

I believe the Toronto series bought him more time, but man, I just feel like he’s way over his head at this point.
I was never a Montgomery fan and would be glad to see him go.

Reactions: bp14

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Lot of the shots Florida had were nothing shots. Bruins had tons of grade A chances to expand on their 2 goals.

That weak interference penalty was a game changing call. Both teams had worse interference not called up to that point. Then letting the crosscheck go on Coyle for the tying goal.

Florida may of won anyway, they were playing well, but the refs put their stamp on a close one tonight. Sucks to see it.

They needed this game, for any chance, it's too bad.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
The first officiating mistake was the ref 2 feet from Bennett failing to call cross check. He could have touched Bennett but seems to look away?

Team has no extra gear. No real gameplan, every player unsure where they are to go.

"are my methods unsound?"

"I don't see any method at all, sir."

Reactions: BTO and SPLBRUIN

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I like MacVoy but in no way would I consider him a solid playoff performer. I think he is just to squirrelly back there when you need some solid calmness. I would definitely look for a 1A defenseman if they can pawn off Lindholm to another team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad