Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Debacle from the stripes and influenced the game. Goals have been disallowed for far less before. Stunned it wasnt overturned.

maybe in the minority, but I thought Bruins fought through adversity with all the BS calls, they are killing themselves by not getting more pucks to the net. Carlo goal a perfect example...anything can go in, especially on Bobrovsky

Bruins Or Die

May 15, 2021
Listening to 98.5 I've never heard Beers this mad. That challenge completely changed the game, yes the Bruins should have buried their chances in the 2nd but that was ridiculous.
The challenge was a Hail Mary, but it was so dumb that it had me screaming at the screen. It was obviously a good goal and taking another minor was not a very smart in a tied game. They were lucky to kill it off. Too bad the winning goal was the result of four different Bruins waving their sticks at Barkov as he skated past.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
If Sweeney , Neely and Monty don't get fine the max for calling out the NHL and Officiating I'm over this management. Also I'm disappointed(but not surprised) That a accidental slash or elbow to Bennett didn't happen especially after the 2nd goal. Plus maybe a goalie interference after the whistle. I wish was 10 years old(1976) again when we use to lose we pride.

Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
The challenge was a Hail Mary, but it was so dumb that it had me screaming at the screen. It was obviously a good goal and taking another minor was not a very smart in a tied game. They were lucky to kill it off. Too bad the winning goal was the result of four different Bruins waving their sticks at Barkov as he skated past.
Super challenge brilliant but gary loves Zito more.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
The last half of the season the team struggled to close out games, so no surprise there. Their effort and getting shots on net is embarrassing, especially when they're passing up opportunities just to try and make a pretty pass. Both goals today were simple, put the puck on net.

I really didnt have any expectations going into the playoffs. I think what is frustrating though is you'll watch other teams play and you'll see their team skate hard, back check, go into the dirty areas first. For us I see a lot of guys that look like they're doing just enough to be involved in the play but aren't committing to the play.

I hope our GM is actually looking at the players that aren't performing in the playoffs and does something with them during the off season and that will hopefully send a message to the others. If you want to skate around and act like you're playing hockey, there's markets out there for that.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
If you’re not suspended for the beginning of next season I don’t want you on my team. Keep the kids, and the kids includes Swayman (obviously), and everyone else can go bye-bye.

Well, of course, Brad can stay and retire a Bruin, and they’re not trading Pasta, but literally who cares about anyone else. Keep the kids - Sway, Lohrei, Beecher, hopefully Lysell, etc.

Last edited:

CAW1313

Mar 27, 2021
Macomb, MI
It’s pretty simple, although we got screed and the goal shouldn’t counted. Florida is more talented better team, higher IQ team and they want it more than the Bruins. The shot differential is absolutely embarrassing. They need to blow this team up.

Reactions: Gordoff

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Challenge Initiated By: Boston

Type of Challenge: Goaltender Interference

Result: Original call is confirmed – Goal Florida

Explanation: Video review supported the Referees’ call on the ice that that the shove by Florida’s Sam Bennett on Charlie Coyle and the subsequent contact with Jeremy Swayman did not prevent Swayman from playing his position in the crease prior to Bennett’s goal.

Penalty:
2:00 minor penalty: Delay of Game – Unsuccessful Challenge​
This is so idiotic. It's what the SN analyst said too. He defended the call by saying that Swayman was already fully extended, so he wasn't going to make that save anyway. This ignores the fact that if Coyle had not been pushed into the goal, he may have been able to block Bennett's shot.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I will tell you this much, I have to ask myself if it's worth continuing to pay for the NHL hockey package next year. That officiating bordered on corruption and if there's even a possibility of that I am out. These last 2 games have been about as one sided as you can get. Marchand gets knocked out of the series on a blatant cheap shot and nothing from this Mickey Mouse league. Then tonight on their tying goal Coyle is cross checked and the no goalie interference call, not sure I can stand much more of this.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Deception. But at some point, Boston can't sustain the Florida level of play. They need to cash in on ALL the chances they get which they did not. Swayman is very good.
This is a tough loss.
When Geekie and Braze are part of your PP, you know that you are in some sort of difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad