Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 4 - The officials throw The Bear off the cliff - Sunrise 3 BRUINS 2 - Panthers lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Bruins didn't clean up defensively at all, and they still struggled to get shots on net.

The Panthers are doing a good job on the forecheck, but the Bruins have to move their feet and make quicker and more accurate passes. I don't know why they are afraid of carrying the puck into the zone. It's way too easy to defend against the Bruins if other teams know they are going to try and dump and chase. The only line that had any success was the Heinen - Coyle - Frederic line.

With the lack of talent on the team, they need to play more north-south than east-west. They need to stop trying to make pretty passes. It's the playoffs, there's no time and space for shit like that.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Florida is a deeper team, the bruins need to upgrade their centers. Can't have your top 2 centers be passengers on lines need them to help push the play.

As @DKH would say, Zacha and Coyle as your centers had this Panther team down 3-1 last year.

I won’t argue the centers are good, but I’ve watched this team lose to the underdog so many times it’s not like we should give them a free pass

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Someone needs to be held accountable for this team being completely gassed in only the 2nd round. Whether it's the coach, the fitness and conditioning staff, or the players themselves, it's unacceptable that the team can be this exhausted when it comes to the time of year when the games actually matter and there's silverware on the line.

After last year's debacle, when a team with all the talent and advantages in the world still wasn't ready mentally or physically for playoff hockey, now followed by this, I'm looking first and foremost at Monty. I don't think he has any clear idea how to manage a playing group through the long grind of a regular season in a way that will hold them in good shape for the real stuff. That needs to change.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Boston Playing Physical - 2 Goals
Boston stops to try not to lose the rest of the game - 0 Goals 4 Panther Goals

I expect the better team to win the series. But the refs have been visibly bad in ALL the series this post season. The NHL has to figure that out or they will shoot themselves in the foot.

While I still think this season was successful as a bridge year I don't trust Sweeney going forward. This team does not feel like a Bruins team. A least 30 years ago the B's would lose but exact a price and be fun to watch. The team now is a Neo Montreal model that only sells tickets when its scoring past problems. Big hits and fights have ALWAYS swayed momentum for Boston and we simply don't do that anymore......as constructed.

If you cant beat em, Beat Them.

Now I feel like we just get our lunch money taken from us and stuffed in a locker.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Challenge Initiated By: Boston

Type of Challenge: Goaltender Interference

Result: Original call is confirmed – Goal Florida

Explanation: Video review supported the Referees’ call on the ice that that the shove by Florida’s Sam Bennett on Charlie Coyle and the subsequent contact with Jeremy Swayman did not prevent Swayman from playing his position in the crease prior to Bennett’s goal.

Penalty:
2:00 minor penalty: Delay of Game – Unsuccessful Challenge​
That's a piss poor explanation!

Reactions: BB79

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Their tying goal was scored by a player who should have been suspended, on a power play that came from a flop and should have been taken back because of goalie interference but wasn't. Either the league wants Florida to advance for one reason or another or i owe Vancouver Canucks fans a 13 year late apology because Gregory Campbell becomes the Panthers assistant gm this year and they benefit from one of the most lopsided ref gongshows i have ever seen in playoff hockey. Maybe there's some truth to that conspiracy because this league is all about game management and making sure everything is as even as possible but this series couldn't be any more different to that.

This team was never a serious contender this year with the talent they lost, i can live with that and Florida are way more skilled and tougher but besides a few players talk about this Bruins team being a hard one to identify with. The teams captain gets sucker punched and besides Pasta throwing one punch there's zero response from this team. There needs to be a big culture change in the off-season because i don't know what else to do besides call them bitches.

Last edited:

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
If I was Charlie Jacobs I'd be giving Monty the green light to say what he likes and he'll have his fines covered. Ugly ugly game. We don't really have the talent on this team to go far but it doesn't help when everything is so blatantly setup for you to lose. Zacha pisses me off more and more every game. Pasta is literally stuck with no talent linemates. It's unacceptable for a guy of his caliber to be playing with basically useless linemates .. Only silver lining is the anticipation I feel to fix this team, shed the dead weight has-beens and please for the love of God find some actual top 6 players for our top lines.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
While I certainly believe the grass isn’t always greener. I just don’t feel like Montgomery is the right fit for this team anymore.

You can certainly say he’s had exceptional results in his first two seasons, but the playoff performances are a terrible wart on his tenure. Constant flat performances, questionable line juggling, spineless post game diplomacy.

I believe the Toronto series bought him more time, but man, I just feel like he’s way over his head at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad