Status
Not open for further replies.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Wednesday May 22nd shall be epic.

Let's get some discussion going.

Still debating if we actually played well or if Andy definitively stole that game. I re-watched the game and man...he saved our butts so many times.

• Pageau's line is still our best
  • Will Spezza play more minutes?
  • Can Spezza get Milo going?
  • Can we take advantage of Geno's defensive liabilities?
  • Can Andy repeat his performance?
  • Will Neil play? If not...who replaces him? Stone? Lats? DD?
  • Going to the game? Where ya sitting?

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I don't know why people keep saying that us playing well and our goalie playing great and being the best player in the game are two mutually exclusive things.

We've been playing rope-a-dope hockey for the entire season. At some point, you've got to accept that that is our style of play, and when we win because of that, it's not because the team got lucky.

chrewilson

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I'm going. Pretty excited. 316 either row C or D! Preparing my paper and pen for Thursday so I can communicate with people.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
I don't know why people keep saying that us playing well and our goalie playing great and being the best player in the game are two mutually exclusive things.

We've been playing rope-a-dope hockey for the entire season. At some point, you've got to accept that that is our style of play, and when we win because of that, it's not because the team got lucky.

Trust me, I'm well aware of that. We squeak into everything and our goalie is the main reason for it. We had defensive laps in so many areas, including giveaways aplenty and a number of missed chances. Andy IS the reason we won that game - and yes, he is part of our team - it's just not easy to win Playoff games when your goalie has to bail you out so many times a period.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Let's get some discussion going.

Still debating if we actually played well or if Andy definitively stole that game. I re-watched the game and man...he saved our butts so many times.

• Pageau's line is still our best
  • Will Spezza play more minutes?
  • Can Spezza get Milo going?
  • Can we take advantage of Geno's defensive liabilities?
  • Can Andy repeat his performance?
  • Will Neil play? If not...who replaces him? Stone? Lats? DD?

Pageau, still our best. Consistent, consistent, consistent threat.

I thought Spezza looked good on a few zone entries but I forget a lot about his game. I bet his icetime depends on his stamina, and on his and Michalek and Conacher's ability to stay on the right side of the puck.

Geno - yes, consistent pressure will eventually expose lapses in his commitment to defense.

Just keep the odd-man rushes to a minimum, keep working the PK, and Andy will do his job.

Our zone exit was better in game 3 that it was in Pittsburgh. The pass to the open center in the slot worked a lot more, and we didn't simply feed the puck back to their D for a regroup and counter-attack. That, too, will help Andy to help the team. Let him make the saves, then get the puck up-ice to let him rest for a shift.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Won tickets to this bad boy through Team1200! Will be comfortably seated in The Ledge! Can't wait! Now if only I had a jersey other then Kuba lmao!

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah, boys! Let's do this!

And by "this," I mean luck out, play a terrible game, have completely balanced and equitable refereeing and have the game stolen for us by Anderson yet again!

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
(You forgot not scoring the winning goal until there is 30 seconds left in the game)

Get the lead with 30 seconds of regulation time left? Boring.

3 OT, please.

PS: I'm all over these boards, with nothing interesting to say. Obviously 2 days off is killing me. I'm going into cryogenic deep-freeze, see you after thawing out tomorrow.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
This is the latest must win game. If we win we go back to Pitts split 2-2, which still means having to take at least one away game. If we lose it is hard to imagine sweeping the last three games.

I think the Sens have played well enough to be up 2-1 instead of down 2-1. They had their shot in game 2 but let it slip away. The Pens have looked very tough but definitely not unbeatable.

I predict the first 10 minutes will tell us all we need to know, and it will be a blow out in one direction or another. Either we chase Vokoun, who is due for a bad game because he is playing above his level right now, or we get hammered. I can't see any in between this time out.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Get the lead with 30 seconds of regulation time left? Boring.

3 OT, please.

PS: I'm all over these boards, with nothing interesting to say. Obviously 2 days off is killing me. I'm going into cryogenic deep-freeze, see you after thawing out tomorrow.
Nope. Too many OT games during a cup run is bad for the team.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

The pace at which they are playing games is like a snail on a turtle's back. Isn't there any rush with the lockout and season ending in time for next season issues? http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ahRKHmedI

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Either we chase Vokoun, who is due for a bad game because he is playing above his level right now, or we get hammered. I can't see any in between this time out.

He is palying ABOVE his level for sure. Not that great of a goalie IMO. Let's chase this Cive early and start chanting his name!! :laugh:

MusicTeacher

Mar 10, 2008
Wasn't it last year against the Rangers that we never led in the whole series?

I feel that this series is like a chess match too. Ottawa allows their opponent to tire themselves out in the first ten minutes and have the stamina to reel them in by the end. They played this way against Montreal and most of the season. I always thought MacLean saw what their opponent was doing during the first period and at intermission selected the winning strategy against that type of style.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pageau getting to Crosby.

PAGP108_Senators_Penguins_Hockey.JPG

I love that kid. He's going to be something special. The Greening - Pageau - Condra line has been magical. If we're going to win this series it's because of them.

Spezzafan6

Jan 22, 2013
Get geno off his game... He is known to have a bit of a mean streak and to take bad penalties at bad times.

2-1 SENS!

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Limit the giveaways,it's amazing we had 17 giveaways to Pens 5 and still managed to win the game.

This x 1000.

We're too careless with the puck in our own zone (and sometimes in neutral zone). We have to clean that up of we want a legit shot at winning this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad