GDT: ECSF - Game 4: New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT (Warning: this GDT may result in Carbicide or Diabeetus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
NHL Edge exists, as well as MSG speed radar. He is one of the fastest skaters on the team. And he brings a lot more than just his speed
Not talking about this straight ahead speed. Talking about his speed when a player goes left to avoid him and he’s taking 5 minutes to change directions and chase them.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
He’s on the ice for 40+ seconds there routinely. Awful coaching

He's averaging 54 seconds pp time a game. That's like 2-3 segments of mop up duty, which makes sense.

MH's point stands. He's only out there once they've essentially waived the white flag and want to have 2D out there to limit anything against, they don't trust having 4F and 1D on the 2nd unit to generate chances while also managing the puck at times, and understandably so.

But like he says, they have the wrong guy on the ice. Should be Schenider who comes out as the 2nd D to kill the last few seconds and transition back to ES and 'Defending'.

Reactions: Gordon Bombay

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Unfortunately there is no real replacement for Trouba. Jones is not seeing the lineup. If there’s an injury to a D I bet Ruhwedel would play.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
i just looked and Gus has a 63% xGF this series. playing with Trouba! he should be given the Conn Smythe.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's nothing wrong with Igor.

He could have handled the initial shot better on the second goal, but he had no chance on the shots that went in goals 2 and 3.

I want him to have the first one because we have (rightfully) high expectations for Igor, but it was a downhill shot in the slot. It wasn't nothing. We gave the puck away and then Trouba shrugged while Kuznetsov was getting ready to shoot literally within reach.

Like I said before, the Hurricanes scored on three shots we hadn't been giving them at all.

Reactions: 80s Kid

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
There's nothing wrong with Igor.

He could have handled the initial shot better on the second goal, but he had no chance on the shots that went in goals 2 and 3.

I want him to have the first one because we have (rightfully) high expectations for Igor, but it was a downhill shot in the slot. It wasn't nothing. We gave the puck away and then Trouba shrugged while Kuznetsov was getting ready to shoot literally within reach.

Like I said before, the Hurricanes scored on three shots we hadn't been giving them at all.

Yep. 2 and 3 not remotely on the goalie. Disagree vehemently on 1, but yeah. Igor has been fine. 1 bad goal.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Look I said Rangers in 5 before this series started so I’m not going to get upset about losing one in Carolina which I expected. Frankly I thought it’d be game 3. So do I blame them for maybe taking their foot off the gas a bit here today and the canes playing loose? Not really.

I don’t think this game is over though. We knew Carolina would try and abuse the third pair as any team would try to abuse any one else’s third pair on home ice.

I think there’s some good to come from being humbled here potentially

Reactions: Hunter Gathers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad