GDT: ECSF - Game 4: New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT (Warning: this GDT may result in Carbicide or Diabeetus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
Hope they sweep them but I'm not convinced it'll happen. These games could of gone either way.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
carolina will be desperate. first period will be really tough. gotta weather the storm and hope to counterpunch

I don't know what to expect honestly.

This was a given before the last game but the way that game 3 ended was the biggest nut punch ever.

Some times the pressure comes off because no one really expects you to move on and that plays to your advantage but they've got a ton of off ice moving parts (ufa’s to be, Rod’s future, etc) that can be distractions.

Maybe a “this is the last stand” type mindset can be galvanizing, but that only works so well. If the Rangers can get up my multiple leads at any point I bet they melt.

Reactions: haveandare

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Carolina had two of the most demoralizing playoffs games I’ve ever seen in a row. Down 3-0. Idk how they’re going to have the willpower to give it their all for a third time. We are in their heads and I’m very confident we can finish this off.
It's amazing how HUGE that OT goal by Panarin was. They were fortunate, yes but had the intestinal fortitude to tie it late and possibly everythiing pointing toward a comeback OT win and making the series close, with potential of tieing up the series next game.
Instead, a 3 zip deficit, 2 demoralizing OT defeats in a row and probably seeing the oncoming 6 train with little in the tank (so to speak) If not for Florida, they could be quite possibly our toughest opponent. Those teams out west are good, but can they beat the beasts in the East?

Reactions: Rempe73

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The Canes dispatched of the Isles in 5. That isn't barely squeezing by. Yes a few of those games were close but they led for pretty much the entire series. By your logic, we barely squeezed by the caps.

Boston barely squeezed by Toronto who didn't have a healthy Matthews after game 2 or Nylander for the first 3 games of their series. That is squeezing by.

It’s not just shot totals. They’ve played the Rangers close. I find it hilarious how you throw a fit anytime someone has something bad to say about the team or the player but here you are disparaging a good opponent that if anything, they’ve made look more ordinary than they are.

Cut the hubris and just take the L on this one. If you truly believe they’re worse than Boston or Vancouver then… I can’t even say nothing learned because you have a lot to learn lol.
Coming from you about taking an L is hilarious (I wish you had ability to see yourself from an outsider perspective).

Second, I didn’t disparage Canes. Disparage is what you’ve been putting up here - goes back again to the fact that you can’t see what other folks see in your posting style.

My starting point was that there are no weak teams left in the second round. But on the relative basis they are weaker than other teams that left, specifically because of their style that no longer advantageous (there are other factors too like top-end differences making talent).

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
It's amazing how HUGE that OT goal by Panarin was. They were fortunate, yes but had the intestinal fortitude to tie it late and possibly everythiing pointing toward a comeback OT win and making the series close, with potential of tieing up the series next game.
Instead, a 3 zip deficit, 2 demoralizing OT defeats in a row and probably seeing the oncoming 6 train with little in the tank (so to speak) If not for Florida, they could be quite possibly our toughest opponent. Those teams out west are good, but can they beat the beasts in the East?
This is a certified Larrybiv classic

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I assume others have commented on this, but I was shocked that Laf only played 12:28 in Game 3.

While I almost never look at other team boards, I looked at Carolina fans comments about Game 3. They are literally indistinguishable from the posts here when things are going bad for the Rangers.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Coming from you about taking an L is hilarious (I wish you had ability to see yourself from an outsider perspective).

Second, I didn’t disparage Canes. Disparage is what you’ve been putting up here - goes back again to the fact that you can’t see what other folks see in your posting style.

My starting point was that there are no weak teams left in the second round. But on the relative basis they are weaker than other teams that left, specifically because of their style that no longer advantageous (there are other factors too like top-end differences making talent).

The take itself is so absurd. The key difference is that their special teams have gotten slaughtered in this series. That’s it. They’ve been basically even 5v5 from a strict goal differential perspective (though it bugs me when people say Carolina has scored more 5v5, they haven’t. Carolina has scored twice 6v5.) Their top guys have been productive in this series (Grundle, Aho and Svechnikov.) Their top end talent has come through.

The rest of their team has not.

Their PK and PP were ranked 2nd in the league during the regular season. That hasn't held up in this series. Thats a credit to the Rangers and the fact that special teams units run hot and cold for everyone through out the year.

That doesn't make them weaker than the Bruins or the Canucks, teams that genuinely struggled in their previous round who are clearly worse teams across the board than the Canes (except in goal for the Bruins, Swayman is great.) Hell they were +20 on Boston (who have gotten pumped 2 games in a row) in pure goal differential during the regular season, thats a massive gap.

I get it man, some of the shit I say is abrasive. If the feathers I ruffle along the way belong to the thin skinned who are afraid of numbers and need sunshine pumped at all times, front running Zuccarello fan boys or crusty curmudgeons who bring no value to this place at all I'll live with it.

Agree. FWIW, Matthews' problem was also described as an illness and turned out to be a head injury.

No he was sick AND he got hurt.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
The take itself is so absurd. The key difference is that their special teams have gotten slaughtered in this series. That’s it. They’ve been basically even 5v5 from a strict goal differential perspective (though it bugs me when people say Carolina has scored more 5v5, they haven’t. Carolina has scored twice 6v5.) Their top guys have been productive in this series (Grundle, Aho and Svechnikov have all been productive.)

The rest of their team has not.

Their PK and PP were ranked 2nd in the league during the regular season. That hasn't held up in this series. Thats a credit to the Rangers and the fact that special teams units run hot and cold for everyone through out the year.

That doesn't make them weaker than the Bruins or the Canucks, teams that genuinely struggled in their previous round who are clearly worse teams across the board than the Canes (except in goal for the Bruins, Swayman is great.) Hell they were +20 on Boston (who have gotten pumped 2 games in a row) in pure goal differential during the regular season, thats a massive gap.

I get it man, some of the shit I say is abrasive. If the feathers I ruffle along the way belong to the thin skinned who are afraid of numbers and need sunshine pumped at all times, front running Zuccarello fan boys or crusty curmudgeons who bring no value to this place at all I'll live with it.

No he was sick AND he got hurt.
The food poisoning was 1 game likely.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240511_120151_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240511_120151_Google.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 2

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Groin concussion all over again.

Ohh boy, looks like Brod might get the nod tonight if Fil cant go.
I don't even want to speculate further. Just positive thoughts.

Reactions: Cmox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad