GDT: ECSF GAME 4 6:41 PM - Florida Panthers @ Boston Bruins (Florida leads series 2-1) - TBS, truTV, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Rule 68.1:

If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed.

Textbook penalty call on that Bennett goal. Guess the league want Florida vs New York.
Bennett shouldn't even be here tonight but that goes hand in hand with what you said.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Boston completely losing their cool this game, I think it’s a direct reflection of their coach.

I’ve been lucky to watch most of the playoff games this year and Montgomery has been the whiniest coach this year to the refs bar none. I didn’t have much of an opinion of him before this year as I don’t watch the Bruins much but his lack of professionalism has shocked me

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006
Rule 68.1:

If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed.

Textbook penalty call on that Bennett goal. Guess the league want Florida vs New York.
Can’t call the penalty on review…

Since that was deemed a good hockey play on the ice, it couldn’t be overturned…

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Rule 68.1:

A penalty wasn’t assessed therefore the goal can’t be disallowed.

Reactions: Summer Rose

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
League absolutely doesn't "want" any particular matchup. But what happened here is a case of a missed call because refs want "let the boys play" and they messed up. The same play won't happen again, it will be called a penalty. Toronto or whatever was protecting the ref with that call IMO. Not protecting Florida.

Reactions: Summer Rose

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York

to me, it seems like they are saying Swayman was already so far out of position that even if the defender wasn’t pushed into him, he still couldn’t have gotten his pad over there—which I sorta get… but, doesn’t the defender stop him from shooting his stick arm out in that direction? It would’ve been a low percentage play, but I feel like the goaltender still ought to have that opportunity to make the save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad