Post-Game Talk: ECSF | Game 4 | 5/22 | Penguins @ Senators

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Worried? No. I never expected to win it.

The persecution of Alfie is ridiculous. Take one quote and throw a temper tantrum about it and yet disregard everything else he said. Brilliant.

I'm still confident the Sens can win it in 7. It's pretty close to a guarantee IMHO. I'm just wondering how many glass half-empty fans we have on here... I assume everyone.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I'm still confident the Sens can win it in 7. It's pretty close to a guarantee IMHO. I'm just wondering how many glass half-empty fans we have on here... I assume everyone.

This series is over IMO, we are done like dinner.

That being said, we have had a great season that has surpassed anyone's expectations. I mean look at all the crap this team has fought through and we have made it just as far as Chicago. This season as a whole has been a huge success. There is no shame in losing to a stacked Pittsburgh team. In a few years, when half there team has left due to cap issues and retirement, we will be the ones ****kicking them.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
This series is over IMO, we are done like dinner.

That being said, we have had a great season that has surpassed anyone's expectations. I mean look at all the crap this team has fought through and we have made it just as far as Chicago. This season as a whole has been a huge success. There is no shame in losing to a stacked Pittsburgh team. In a few years, when half there team has left due to cap issues and retirement, we will be the ones ****kicking them.

If you skip the first 6 minutes of every period, the Sens look pretty darn good.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Just talked to someone at work who says he saw Alfie go and pick up last game's puck

Alfie scored the last goal in Game 4

He says he went to pick it up because it was his last home game

I didn't watch the end of the game, did anyone else see this?

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Just talked to someone at work who says he saw Alfie go and pick up last game's puck

Alfie scored the last goal in Game 4

He says he went to pick it up because it was his last home game

I didn't watch the end of the game, did anyone else see this?

It's been beaten to death.

It was his 100th career playoff point so he kept the puck. That's it.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I stay away from the GDT here because all people do is complain. While I understand the frustration, this team just hasn't played like they deserve to win. Until they do that, refs aren't a problem.

We got a PP when it was 4-2... It sure helped a lot. :(

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I want to believe we'll force Game 7 and lose there (like we always do), we've done it before

I just don't see it happening considering how the team fell apart last game....

Although if we win Game 5 I'm confident we'll win Game 6

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 53m
Kevin Pollock and Dan O'Rourke are the referees tonite. #Sens #Pens

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
This team has never won a game 7. They've been up 3-2 and lost in 7 several times, including last year against the Rags.

We didn't take the Rags to 7. They took us to 7 and beat us.

Where is the leadership? 15 years of failure.

If you're ok with that, fine. I'm not.

First you give too much credit to what a captain can do for a team but you also are ignoring what Alfie has done in the play-offs on many occasions as well.

He has had more than a few big moments in big games for this team throughout his career.

Teams would be replacing captains every year if it was only about bringing home a Cup...which is pretty hard to win by the way.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Agreed, particularly since you know you're going to get screwed anyway. :laugh:

If you just go into every game expecting the officiating tio be bad it makes things easier.

im not saying that the refs are out to get any team in particuler, just that its been inconcistant at best. hockey is probably the hardest sport to officiate for what its worth

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
We should have beat NYR last year... We were up 3-2... had a lead in game 6 and melted down...

The playoffs are different than the regular season... throw the seeds out the window...

Leading a series doesn't mean you should win it - it just gives you a much better chance.

You are right, the seedings should be thrown out the window - the Pens are a MUCH better team than they were for most of the season with all of their deadline additions.

The Senators get back a bunch of great players early from injury and it shows.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
You guys can spin it all you want, but the fact remains that your Captain should never say anything like that.

Who cares if it is true. You don't go into an elimination game thinking you are going to lose. Especially if you are "leading" 20 guys.

I don't think many would argue he shouldn't have said it (since in sports you can never say negatives, even in the face of all negatives, etc..against you).

That said, he didn't say they wouldn't win the next game or the series. Rationally if you look at ANY team that is down 3-1 it is doubtful they will win the series.

Once again you put way too much stock in a captain - if the other guys on the team hear that and decide to fold up shop, shame on them. They are all individuals who need to give it their all for the team regardless and I expect they will do that.

That said, Pitt DOES have a ridiculous PP and that was Alfie's main point. The Senators have had the best PK for most of the season yet Pitt is still finding ways to score with seaming ease. Only one game in the entire play-offs the Pens haven't scored at least 3 goals and that was game 3 this series when they had 50 shots on net.

Be upset with the remark but to go back and somehow lay the blame on Alfie for the Senators not winning a Stanley Cup and then implying that he and fans are losers is just sour grapes and you come off looking the worst in that dialogue.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

That's not quite fair...I WANT the Senators to win but if you watch the games we have been completely out-classed by the powerhouse Pens. Even when it looks like we are carrying the play we are, for the most part, on the periphery and against the boards.

When the Pens have control they are getting odd-man rushes (how many of those have we had? Zero?) and they are getting the puck right to the high slot and getting great opportunities.

Being a realist isn't glass half empty.

Just like blindly predicting victory doesn't make someone a better fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad