Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
We can talk about talent all we want, but that was an absolute piss poor effort by the Bruins in the playoffs. It wasn't the first or second time either. If you don't get pucks on net, you aren't going to win games.

Even with the poor play, the game was winnable when they were down 1-0. They just need to wake up and play.
Blame the guy behind the bench.How do you not come out ready for blood after Pasta getting punched in the head while on the ice..

Monitor put up 70+ points last year and has outplayed Yourboy both PO series, open your eyes.
He has outplayed him but I don't like him.

Reactions: Gordoff

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Blame the guy behind the bench.How do you not come out ready for blood after Pasta getting punched in the head while on the ice..
I think the NHL getting involved telling both teams to tone it down is part of the reason why they didn't come out swinging. We can blame Monty, but ultimately it's on the players. They are the ones that weren't inspired by Pastrnak, and honestly, it's a shame.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I think the NHL getting involved telling both teams to tone it down is part of the reason why they didn't come out swinging. We can blame Monty, but ultimately it's on the players. They are the ones that weren't inspired by Pastrnak, and honestly, it's a shame.
Looking at the replay of Marchand getting hit sure looked like a punch to the head ,I’m sure the Bruins players on the bench would have gotten a good look at it ,didn’t see any anger coming from the bench,christ they didn’t even stand up to see if Brad was ok when he went down.Just didn’t seem to interest them in the least.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Montour put up 70+ points last year and has outplayed Yourboy both PO series, open your eyes.
Put Montour with this p***y line up and see how he does. Montour is a scrub that's benefited playing on a team full of ass holes.

My boy is is 100 times the player, Im sure you though Kevan Miller was a great d man as well,

Go root for Florida you like him so much

Reactions: nORRis8

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Panthers are doing an excellent job at preventing speed thru the neutral zone, like to a man. I think it's a 1-1-3, which is a bit unique for today's game and what Toronto did the last 3 games to slow down the Bruins transition game. The F1 is more cursory while the F2 is the one that steps up hard on the Bruins forward who's looking for the 1st pass to start transition while the back 3 clog the NZ. I'm not familiar with the Panthers defensive strategies so I don't know if this is normal for them but I wonder if they saw what Toronto was doing well against the Bruins and copied it.

Reactions: Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Pasta is a side show, What was that fight in a blowout going to accomplish?

Pasta gets paid to score goals let start with his doing that first during a games rather than get his ass kicked for no reason.

The fact he asked the coach for permission to show emotion is all we need to see about this entire team from the coach on down.

Staged rage is a farse

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Panthers are doing an excellent job at preventing speed thru the neutral zone, like to a man. I think it's a 1-1-3, which is a bit unique for today's game and what Toronto did the last 3 games to slow down the Bruins transition game. The F1 is more cursory while the F2 is the one that steps up hard on the Bruins forward who's looking for the 1st pass to start transition while the back 3 clog the NZ. I'm not familiar with the Panthers defensive strategies so I don't know if this is normal for them but I wonder if they saw what Toronto was doing well against the Bruins and copied it.
They definitely changed the game plan after the first period of game 2 ,and they got away from it late in the third last night.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm 64 and still work 3 12hr shifts/weekend. I'm always tired and its TERRIBLE....:D
Damn - hopefully you like your job

Firemen ? My buds have those shifts but they are retiring around now if not late 50’s

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Fair enough but if he saved my job series before I tell my players to deal with it regardless.Funny thing is it never stopped Florida from being dirty.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

He has outplayed him but I don't like him.
Explain the outplayed part to me please, I'm still trying to figure this out? because he tripped Brad to score a shorty? or was it his slap shot goal?

Again put my boy on Florida ,he would look like Bobby Orr again this Bruins forecheck

The fact Im defending McAvoy vs Montour is an all-time greatest hits on HF Boards.

Christ, Carlo would look like a NHL defenseman playing against this Bruin line up

As of today my feeling is Monty gone
you are usually wrong but this time a hope you are correct :)

• Haha
Reactions: capecodder

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Explain the outplayed part to me please, I'm still trying to figure this out? because he tripped Brad to score a shorty? or was it his slap shot goal?

Again put my boy on Florida ,he would look like Bobby Orr again this Bruins forecheck

The fact Im defending McAvoy vs Montour is an all-time greatest hits on HF Boards.

Christ, Carlo would look like a NHL defenseman playing against this Bruin line up

you are usually wrong but this time a hope you are correct :)
All my takes are the opposite of how I feel - you should know what I’m doing here

Btw you going tomorrow? Legends ?

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Damn - hopefully you like your job

Firemen ? My buds have those shifts but they are retiring around now if not late 50’s
Enigneering Asst.(electromechanical) at a defense contractor, 2 man crew, no management. 5AM-5PM work 36/paid for 40, +10%.
Been on this shift 10 years, 4 days off a week. 60-70hr of personal holidays due to missing the weekday holidays

Reactions: DKH

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
It’s PoMo all he knows is playing trap hockey, especially with how desperate that putz is for a cup.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
The League is a sham.Watched 2nd game and McDavid splits Hughes with high stick and Kane slewfoots him and crickets.Then look at Bruins games at the calls and non calls .That Lauko call was a farce and Bennett delivers blatant sucker punch no call.
Great sport. No doubt about that.

And I'm not saying this cuz we're down in the series....It is the "Stupidest League" going right now, I truly believe it.

I find it strange how we came storming out of the gates v Leafs with a surprisingly strong PP.
But as the series went we seemed to get less and less calls.

Last night, Panthers 6 PP, Bruins 2.

The McDavid obvious highstick...no discussion. Zero.
A puck flipped over the glass....OOOOOH NOOOOOOO, CALL THE AUTHORITIES!!!!!

Sidenote...likely will see Ullmark although Swayman is totally not the issue.

Last edited:

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
You dump it in if you can’t skate it in. Very simple but they refuse to do that. Take what they give you. Florida does it. Take a page from their book and dump it in, hit their D.
Problem is Bruins dump it in and send a 1 man forecheck that's not doing anything other than having one forward caught up ice. If they want to pressure Fla they need to commit more bodies to the effort.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Dude the lineup is riddled with holes. How much denial are you in? They’ve gone way past where they should have on paper.

There were still posters saying the Bruins were “the more talented team” against Toronto. Lol. What are you people smoking?

It’s not a built in excuse. It’s reality free to to observe by anyone.

I didn’t say it was a throwaway year “because they went for it last year”. They had no cap space to work with. It’s a far weaker lineup this season. Tell me where I’m wrong on that. I’ll wait.

Your mindset is entitled. You want them to win. You hate them for letting you down last season. How dare they? So who cares about the lineup this season? They’re assholes if they don’t win the cup. Just so much self-inflicted misery.
''the lineup is riddled with holes.''
If this lineup plays the scheme that the coach lays out, ''this is your responsibility, this is your responsibility'', and execute, then good goaltending can do the rest..a la Roy and others. Defense first. imo, the problem is that they don't execute. I don't know if that's a talent issue? Or coaching? The talented guys, McAvoy, Lindholm, Zacha, are the guys who are messing up ''failed to clear''. As for entitlement, I don't want some of the money, I don't want most of the money, I want all the money. The question for me is, is the team moving toward the Cup? What do you think?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad