Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Montgomery taking the bullet for the team

And he is a huge part of the problem. Look, we can all agree that Florida is clearly the better team, but for the Bruins to once again come out so incredibly flat in a packed barn ready to cheer the boys on is inexcusable. This is on the coach in my opinion, he is not suited for the wars of playoff hockey. Any other coach would have railed on the officials after these last 2 games, this tactic actually works in the NHL, but not Monty. He just sits there and takes it, fight for your team or go home.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Excuse me? They’ve made it was further than expected on paper according to you? This is a joke and a coping mechanism for fans to say this.

On paper every major sports book had them at 6th-8th best odds to win the cup in the preseason.

The overwhelming majority of people viewed this team at LEAST getting to this point. To say “they’ve gone way past where they should have on paper” is a joke and just so far from the truth.

Would like like me to list the numerous links to all these sports books preseason odds?
Uncle R(can you throw a football over that mountain:D), lots of people of this forum and elsewhere did not pick the B's to be 109pt, team with this roster. I could give sh*t about betting odds, it's ultimately for losers or they wouldn't be in business.
The problem is they did overachieve, only to wait till the playoff to, uncharacteristically, based on the season, crap their pants.

We all love the B's and there is a lot of anger in the air. The fact that they are being manhandled and have no real push back is what is infuriating.
B's teams I've watch for most of my 58 years of fandom, didn't get steamrolled like these last 2 games without any sign of a spine.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Put Freddy up and get Coyle the F away from from the first line. And never start the game with his at center again. His softness sets the tone.

His fake effort is disgusting I don't give a shit he's playing against guys that are 50 times the player he is,

Give a F out there and have some pride in your game, push back and stop being a p***y.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Intentionally stayed away from this thread last night. Pretty much coming to repeat what I said in the GDT: our “house money” has been spent, the Bruins are seriously overmatched, although I expect they will dredge up enough to get it to six(unless Marchy is done, freaking Sam Bennett:mad:). I honestly would go with Linus tomorrow, Swayman looked a bit stunned when they pulled him for the extra skater at the end, Ullmark was talking in his ear and giving him a one armed hug. While some fans are just angry that the Bruins are not trying, honestly they never had the horses this year and overachieved to get this far. Of course I want the boys to win, but think they can’t overcome FLA smothering forecheck, Bob is beatable but they can’t get to the net nearly enough.
Hope I’m wrong, and if so I prefer my crow with Chinese mustard;)

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Uncle R(can you throw a football over that mountain:D), lots of people of this forum and elsewhere did not pick the B's to be 109pt, team with this roster. I could give sh*t about betting odds, it's ultimately for losers or they wouldn't be in business.
The problem is they did overachieve, only to wait till the playoff to, uncharacteristically, based on the season, crap their pants.

We all love the B's and there is a lot of anger in the air. The fact that they are being manhandled and have no real push back is what is infuriating.
B's teams I've watch for most of my 58 years of fandom, didn't get steamrolled like these last 2 games without any sign of a spine.

Oh well when you have two top goalies you will naturally always overachieve in the regular season and do worse in the postseason.

Vast majority of the league is throwing in some scrub backup for 25-30 games a year and bruins have two #1 goalies for a full 82.It probably gives the bruins 6-10 more regular season points a year with that(maybe even more).

Problem is come playoff time it’s a massive waste having $5million Ullmark glued to the bench.

That’s just the nature of how our lineup is constructed.

With that said I don’t think beating a hobbled Toronto team in round 1 is an overachievement

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Is there a stat that shows what Bruin has been hit the most in the playoffs?

Based on McAvoy's face Im willing to bet who it is. He is the Bruins best player and teams are going to beat his ass on every shift.

Can anyone mention a panther D taking constantly big hits in this series?

Montour is a better than McAvoy lololololol

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Intentionally stayed away from this thread last night. Pretty much coming to repeat what I said in the GDT: our “house money” has been spent, the Bruins are seriously overmatched, although I expect they will dredge up enough to get it to six(unless Marchy is done, freaking Sam Bennett:mad:). I honestly would go with Linus tomorrow, Swayman looked a bit stunned when they pulled him for the extra skater at the end, Ullmark was talking in his ear and giving him a one armed hug. While some fans are just angry that the Bruins are not trying, honestly they never had the horses this year and overachieved to get this far. Of course I want the boys to win, but think they can’t overcome FLA smothering forecheck, Bob is beatable but they can’t get to the net nearly enough.
Hope I’m wrong, and if so I prefer my crow with Chinese mustard;)
They had a difficult time with the Leafs smothering forecheck,that they really only started playing game 5 , probably for the first time ever , if they had started playing that style earlier in the series they would have won that series easily.

Reactions: Gordoff

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
And he is a huge part of the problem. Look, we can all agree that Florida is clearly the better team, but for the Bruins to once again come out so incredibly flat in a packed barn ready to cheer the boys on is inexcusable. This is on the coach in my opinion, he is not suited for the spastic wars of playoff hockey. Any other coach would have railed on the officials after these last 2 games, this tactic actually works in the NHL, but not Monty. He just sits there and takes it, fight for your team or go home.
Maurice goes spastic on the refs when he has a disagreement. It's part of the game. I think the elephant in the room though is more the type of players the Bruins employ. Big team with not a lot of built in sandpaper. Maurice would instruct his team to nail the Bruin stars to limit their abilities. They had the highest number of hits in the regular season. Some of the Bs players are probably sitting with ice packs on as we speak. Bruins have played tentative for the most part last 2 games.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Coyle & Zacha showing their true colors. This team needs REAL top 6 centers. Lots of cheerleaders this regular season telling us “look at their points”. Those 2 are absolutely not involved whatsoever in the offensive zone. Use cap space wisely this summer. Coyle is a 3C, put Zacha back on the wing or trade him

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Still rather challenging to be too furious over the loss.

Between the lack of execution by a limited roster and the Lauko penalty showing the NHL will never learn, impossible.

Bruins play with a lead they have a chance. Florida with a lead and a putrid Bruins PP means more of the same.

And he is a huge part of the problem. Look, we can all agree that Florida is clearly the better team, but for the Bruins to once again come out so incredibly flat in a packed barn ready to cheer the boys on is inexcusable. This is on the coach in my opinion, he is not suited for the wars of playoff hockey. Any other coach would have railed on the officials after these last 2 games, this tactic actually works in the NHL, but not Monty. He just sits there and takes it, fight for your team or go home.

This is where a coach such as Torts would be an excellent option. Limited roster, needs a more aggressive mentality.

Reactions: Gordoff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I think it's time to turn to our other number 1 goalie for one thing. Sway has been incredible so far, but changes are needed and a rested Linus could be a good one.

Monty needs to drill the need for simplicity into the heads of our forwards. Win battles and if you don't have the puck skate to an open area so you are available for a pass. That's one thing this team sucks at. So many times one of our guys will get a puck but has no one to pass it to so they have to try to advance the play by themselves. It doesn't work.

Make the front of their net a battle zone and shoot shoot shoot! No more five-pass Picasso plays !
You dump it in if you can’t skate it in. Very simple but they refuse to do that. Take what they give you. Florida does it. Take a page from their book and dump it in, hit their D.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Only down 2-1. Playing with house money where anything can happen. On to Sunday.
Thank you for your positive comment!

Unlike this here today.
tumblr_94c2c826e6d649f10afb17025f4a1b42_253a6c19_250.gif

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Maurice goes spastic on the refs when he has a disagreement. It's part of the game. I think the elephant in the room though is more the type of players the Bruins employ. Big team with not a lot of built in sandpaper. Maurice would instruct his team to nail the Bruin stars to limit their abilities. They had the highest number of hits in the regular season. Some of the Bs players are probably sitting with ice packs on as we speak. Bruins have played tentative for the most part last 2 games.
Spot on
They had something like ~1200 hits to our ~700 this year.
As I said in an earlier post, teams like FLA, that have a balanced roster with scoring, perform better in the playoffs.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
What kills me is the fact that they turn it on when down by a handful of goals.

Start the game this way. Jesus.
They have not commited to an aggressive forecheck to start the game. Monty has not made the adjustment. You have to put Florida on their heels. You can't just wait to absorb their forecheck and keep things to the outside. It's exhausting and just a matter of time until you take a penalty or bad bounce doesn't go your way. Then you're chasing the game already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad