Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
This series is over. Stick a fork in da Broons; they are so done. This pop-gun offense isn't getting it done. They aren't competing and they have only occasionally competed in entire playoffs. I don't see that as a coaching issue, but a player issue.

Time to put pictures of Zacha, Coyle, and McAvoy on the milk cartons.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I really don’t understand why so many fans are so mad game after game.

The lineup was cobbled together last offseason after “going for it” and being left with next to no cap space. And yet they still were competing for the President’s trophy until the last week of the season and once again stabbed the Leafs through the heart.

Now is the time as a fan to just sit back and relax. So many players are playing in a spot in the lineup above their abilities. That in turn is adding pressure to the back end. “Stars” like McAvoy and Pastrnak are trying to carry extremely heavy loads and guys like Morgan Geekie are matching up against players so much higher in skill level.

What’s happening now should not be surprising to anyone. It should be logical. And yet, even then, they’re only down two games to one. Who the f*** knows? Maybe a miracle occurs. For God’s sake, try to enjoy it.
Great post, thanks.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Spot on, we're not used to seeing panic instead of compete. Everything is rushed(probably because FLA is taking time and space away). Considering the way the 3 regular season games went, I at least expected competitive games, not theses debacles.

I'm going tomorrow night and celebrating a highly entertaining and surprising season.
This is an important off season, spend wisely and turn over the roster in the right places.
This. Its a good time to remake this tesm

Reactions: Gordoff

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Panthers= 74 Philly Flyers South. Kachook= Clarke, Barkov=MacLeish, Verhaeghe=Barber, Bennett=Schultz, Saleski, Kelly hybrid. But Bob isn't Bernie, there's a "Space for Rent" sign in the top corners of the net. Trouble is you can't use it if you only get 8 shots on net or whatever it was through 2 periods. Have to come out like they did after going down 4 in the 3rd. If they can spend more time in the O zone like in Gm 1 they can check out the room in the top corner.
Have to find a way to get through the neutral zone to do it though. Do that and spend more time in their end and less in the penalty box . Not an easy task especially without 63 but it's the only way. And stay with Sway.
Barkov would be MacLeish, he was a prolific scorer, not the Selke binky that Barkov is. Barkov is a much more complete player.
Verhaeghe is more the Reg Leach, and MacLeish = Reinhardt, in this loose scenario. Bennet is a hockey player thru and thru. Schultze was 100% goon.
and no Bob is not and never was Bernie Parent's equal.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Spot on, we're not used to seeing panic instead of compete. Everything is rushed(probably because FLA is taking time and space away). Considering the way the 3 regular season games went, I at least expected competitive games, not theses debacles.

I'm going tomorrow night and celebrating a highly entertaining and surprising season.
This is an important off season, spend wisely and turn over the roster in the right places.

What do you mean we are not used to seeing panic?
Have you tuned in to any of the past 3-4 post season runs?

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
One comment about this series, why isn't Wotherspoon in over Forbort? Just as good on PK, faster, tougher. JMHO
1. No games before being put into an physically intense series.
2.Wotherspoon earned his ice time all year.
3. Has a decent chemistry with Peeke, from the short time they were allowed to be the 3rd pair
4. Oh and Forbort sucks. Most people here complained when they gave him a multi year 3M contract
5. He was TERRIBLE against Florida last year. He can’t handle their aggressive forecheck

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
On the power play ya. He’s been a disaster 5v5.

He’s been on the ice for 2 goals for and 6 goals against. Only forward that has a worse ratio has been Beecher at 1 GF and 6 GA.

It’s actually a complete reversal of what he was during the regular season where he was bad on the PP but good 5v5
I’m kind of goofing here

I agree with you

I was checking out Rangers and panthers and they both have 5 skilled very good F

I can’t put DeBrusk in that top 5 he wouldn’t bump really any of the 5 on each team

Rangers

Panarin
Kreider
Trochek
Lafreniere
Zibanejad

Florida

Barkov
Tkachuk
Reinhart
Verhague
Bennett

I like him a lot but he would really be the 6th guy on these teams

Paying him as a top 5 F when he’s not right now and runs hot and cold point wise is the issue

Bruins are good and deep but they don’t have the C who can go top 5

most or likely all of the teams left top 5 are better than Boston top 5 by a wide margin making it easy to take Pastrnak out like he’s a WR and putting 2 guys on him

Bruins

Pastrnak
????
Marchand
?????
Coyle/Zacha

This is the problem

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I’m kind of goofing here

I agree with you

I was checking out Rangers and panthers and they both have 5 skilled very good F

I can’t put DeBrusk in that top 5 he wouldn’t bump really any of the 5 on each team

Rangers

Panarin
Kreider
Trochek
Lafreniere
Zibanejad

Florida

Barkov
Tkachuk
Reinhart
Verhague
Bennett

I like him a lot but he would really be the 6th guy on these teams

Paying him as a top 5 F when he’s not right now and runs hot and cold point wise is the issue

Bruins are good and deep but they don’t have the C who can go top 5

most or likely all of the teams left top 5 are better than Boston top 5 by a wide margin making it easy to take Pastrnak out like he’s a WR and putting 2 guys on him

Bruins

Pastrnak
????
Marchand
?????
Coyle/Zacha

This is the problem

They need to utilize the cap much more efficiently this year. Having Ullmark, gryz, sometimes forbort healthy scratches and taking up $12million in cap is way too much. They need that $$$ translated to players who actually play.

Then of course the reilly buyout on top of the bergy/krejci bonus.

Just terrible cap utilization by this team. Hopefully they can fix that more next year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Florida blueprint (kinda luck meets well thought out) is ideal

It’s entertaining and balanced

How the heck did they not have 15 more points then Boston

Spencer knight was supposed to be Swayman and the Bob contract was stupid

But they went from 125 to this - although Brad Marchand scores to end game 5 last season I don’t think he feels like shit this morning

They were talking major changes after losing 3 and 4 last season until Monty Magic took over

But they are here and they are good

Bruins could still get game 4 but if they don’t I don’t think this team is coming back down 3-1

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The Florida blueprint (kinda luck meets well thought out) is ideal

It’s entertaining and balanced

How the heck did they not have 15 more points then Boston

Spencer knight was supposed to be Swayman and the Bob contract was stupid

But they went from 125 to this - although Brad Marchand scores to end game 5 last season I don’t think he feels like shit this morning

They were talking major changes after losing 3 and 4 last season until Monty Magic took over

But they are here and they are good

Bruins could still get game 4 but if they don’t I don’t think this team is coming back down 3-1

They didn’t have 15 more points than the Bs because they don’t care about the regular season.

They are perfectly happy throwing in a cheap backup for 25-30 games while spending the extra money on an everyday player who will impact the playoffs more.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They need to utilize the cap much more efficiently this year. Having Ullmark, gryz, sometimes forbort healthy scratches and taking up $12million in cap is way too much. They need that $$$ translated to players who actually play.

Then of course the reilly buyout on top of the bergy/krejci bonus.

Just terrible cap utilization by this team. Hopefully they can fix that more next year.
I’m really looking forward to off season

I’m going tomorrow and want them to win but I think I’ve seen my last goalie hug until Swayman & Ullmark meet up in the hallway when Boston plays whoever Ullmark is with next season

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
This series is over. Stick a fork in da Broons; they are so done. This pop-gun offense isn't getting it done. They aren't competing and they have only occasionally competed in entire playoffs. I don't see that as a coaching issue, but a player issue.

BELIEVE!!

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1715430127547.png

1715430145534.png

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines

I'm not that negative, but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins don't win another game in the series. At times, they make Florida look like the 1980 NY Islanders (which they are not).

I'm not even mad, but I just want them to go out playing BRUINS hockey. Last night, was certainly not that for 50 minutes. And keep LAUKO in the lineup!

Reactions: Oates2Neely

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Florida’s D does collapse, you just have to have the puck in their zone which the bruins rarely have had the last couple of games

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The way the Bruins are getting manhandled and outscored shows you how much talent the Leafs had this year. They fired the coach for not winning a playoff series. Bruins are a motley crew this year. Not built for a long run. Attrition is taking a toll.

Reactions: lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad