Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
DeBrusk upped his game in the third, but was invisible the first two periods

I thought Lauko was the Bruins best player tonight, but that's not gonna win you many playoff games if a 4th line player is the best you got
He was not at all invisible he crushed Mikkola and was flying just cause he didn’t score on every chance or undress the team doesn’t mean he’s invisible. I’m sick of this narrative if he was invisible then the whole team was!

All be first to say he was not good enough but let’s pump the brakes on using him as a crotch for the Bruins issues plenty of blame to go around.

Yes I agree Lauko had a high energy game and if you haven’t played since what game 2 against Toronto you would think anyone would do anything to stay in the lineup.

Last edited:

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I know these aren't why we lost, but I find myself really frustrated with Monty's decision making.

Freddy is objectively a better player then Geekie is just about every single way and is finally having a playoff where he looks effective, why is he finishing every single game this playoffs with like 3 min less toi?

Why are you keeping Forbort in the lineup over Wotherspoon when Wotherspoon has been better since he got called up in f***ing January or whenever it was? Wotherspoon-Peeke has been a VERY effective third pairing in the minutes it's played together.

Why not let Lohrei run the PP at the end of the game when he looks confident instead of going back to McAvoy at the point, who had been puking all over himself all game?

Why are you giving Maroon shifts with Pasta? Why is Maroon on the ice at all in that first shift after the late PP when you have momentum on your side?

Just feels like he puts his trust in the wrong players at the wrong times and it drives me up the wall.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Loving the conspiracy that the league wants the panthers to win.

Ratings wise Boston blows Florida out of the swamp.

Boston fanbase brings in way more revenue

Less conspiracy. More predetermined. That Lauko sequence results in a Boston PP 100x out of 100x.

The only reason it did not is the NHL "warned" the teams and the incompetent officials had the narrative in mind the Bruins would be initiating while trailing. So despite their brains logically seeing the play unfold, they determine it must have been Lauko because they were overprepared and over afraid for the possibility.

Montgomery and media must absolutely ridicule the NHL over that sequence. Peewee officials call the sequence properly.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Yep

It’s a losing mentality when you basically play not to lose. That’s part of the soft starts. Worried about what might happen vs going all out. Happened a lot this year but I still think that’s more the team than Monty. I think he has them ready but this team has a load of AHLers when it comes to scoring
And the thing is they have a goaltender who could bail them out. Start playing like it.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Fire Sweeney and Monty? You people have to be kidding!? Look at our roster. We went all in last year. It didn’t work. We weren’t even supposed to make the playoffs this year. We are set with salary cap room this off-season. What was Sweeney supposed to do!? He went for it like he should have. He picked up salvage parts this year like we all wanted and it went better than planned. Please someone tell me where he went wrong these past 2 years.
Sweeney built this team. Built for the regular season. ''entertaining hockey'' as Neely said. We have seen what is required to win in the playoffs. Has Sweeney gone that route? Lots of teams will have cap money. The price of free agents will go up with all the money available. The top two prospects in Providence are the same size as Grzelcyk.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Last point again - Bruins score first and it may be a completely different narrative. Issue being, the Bruins hardly generated the shots to have the lead.

Florida's low percentage 5v5 scoring chances while awaiting a PP for the high danger chances is a risk if trailing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad