GDT: ECSF: Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
For you local cord cutters, I think tonight’s game on TNT will finally convince me to cancel Fubo and subscribe to DirectTV. It’s about $20 more per month than Fubo but has better coverage including the Turner channels. Fubo is also not friendly to Mets fans, which is another reason for me.
With sports package which includes MSG...its 110$ per month

Reactions: Crease

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
With sports package which includes MSG...its 110$ per month
Thanks. DirectTV has a $10 per month discount running right now. Meanwhile Fubo costs $90 and doesn’t include SNY, PIX, TNT or TBS. Fubo’s value proposition is European football.

Reactions: cheech70

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Thanks. DirectTV has a $10 per month discount running right now. Meanwhile Fubo costs $90 and doesn’t include SNY, PIX, TNT or TBS. Fubo’s value proposition is European football.
Fubo doesn’t have TNT?? I need to DVR I’m working until 9 PM.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Posted this on a Giants board, will post it here about the Rempe arguments.

I was a bouncer for a few years when I was in college and right out of college. I see Rempe presence as the same. If I wasn't working the front door checking ID's, I was standing against a wall observing what was going on. Ready to pounce if needed, but most nights I was just looking around and didnt have to do anything. Not saying mine and my co-worker's presence prevented things from ever happening, but our presence did make people think twice and we were able to take care of a situation when needed. DeAngelo starts running his mouth or playing like an idiot, Laviolette can put Rempe out there. Yes, may result in a minor or even misconduct, but the message will be sent.

Secondly, you are not sitting Artemi Panarin or Mika for Rempe. I like Brodzinski, but he is a 4th liner. How many minutes do people really think he is going to play if put in the line-up and Carolina is only rolling 3 lines? Chytil, yes talent wise there is a huge difference. But, he hasn't played in over 6 months. Yes, he is apparently practicing without a non-contact jersey, but we have no idea how he feels or how he looks in practice. If they win tonight, maybe you give Chytil a look in game 4. But again, I doubt if he decided to go with Chytil he is being inserted to anything higher than the 3rd line and is also going to have his ice-time limited. He is not going to re-unite the Kid Line.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I know we're not supposed to but
1000003753.jpg

Foxy

Oct 5, 2020
Big part of this game is going to be how well can we keep Trouba and Gus away from the Canes top 2 lines. With last change we did a good job of matching them up against the 3rd line. Have to think Canes will take every opportunity they can to get Aho and Guntzle out there against him.

Going to need a big game from Trouba, and if he can't handle it we need to ride the top 4 hard.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
For you local cord cutters, I think tonight’s game on TNT will finally convince me to cancel Fubo and subscribe to DirectTV. It’s about $20 more per month than Fubo but has better coverage including the Turner channels. Fubo is also not friendly to Mets fans, which is another reason for me.
I have Fubo and get SNY for the Mets on it. It's part of the sports package.

Nevermind I should have read more of the thread I see this was covered lol

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Anyone have any luck watching a game on a flight before? I think American Airlines has free live TV and TNT is part of the package. I am flying at 640 tonight. Heard bad things about inflight WiFi speeds.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Posted this on a Giants board, will post it here about the Rempe arguments.

I was a bouncer for a few years when I was in college and right out of college. I see Rempe presence as the same. If I wasn't working the front door checking ID's, I was standing against a wall observing what was going on. Ready to pounce if needed, but most nights I was just looking around and didnt have to do anything. Not saying mine and my co-worker's presence prevented things from ever happening, but our presence did make people think twice and we were able to take care of a situation when needed. DeAngelo starts running his mouth or playing like an idiot, Laviolette can put Rempe out there. Yes, may result in a minor or even misconduct, but the message will be sent.

Secondly, you are not sitting Artemi Panarin or Mika for Rempe. I like Brodzinski, but he is a 4th liner. How many minutes do people really think he is going to play if put in the line-up and Carolina is only rolling 3 lines? Chytil, yes talent wise there is a huge difference. But, he hasn't played in over 6 months. Yes, he is apparently practicing without a non-contact jersey, but we have no idea how he feels or how he looks in practice. If they win tonight, maybe you give Chytil a look in game 4. But again, I doubt if he decided to go with Chytil he is being inserted to anything higher than the 3rd line and is also going to have his ice-time limited. He is not going to re-unite the Kid Line.
Agree with everything, but I kind of wish that we'd put in Chytil TONIGHT as the situation calls for the opportunity with this 2 game lead. Inserting him now, where there is a little less on the line as opposed to a game#5 (should it be 2-2) might be the best chance to do so. Not taking anything for granted but......we could really use Chytil come the next round, and hving a few games under his belt "prior to" would be best. Also, we don't have last change, so that Rempe might be less an immediate factor.

Reactions: TominNC

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I am not sure what the lines will be. There is some hinting that Rempe will be scratched. Guess we will wait to see if there is a morning skate, and get more info.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
If you have Max (or know someone who will lend you their login), the TNT games are on there.

Reactions: gump116

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I expect the Canes to come out really hard. The Rangers will need to weather the storm early on and do their best to quiet the building down.

I could see the Canes making several lineup changes but also make a point of using the home ice to take advantage of some line matching.

The depth of the Rangers will be tested tonight. If they have some opportunities early they need to capitalize to make the Canes a desperate team. If they can I think we’ll see their defense loosen up and that’s when could see Panarin and his line do some damage.

This is the type of road game where they need the Goodrows, Kakkos, Cuylles and Veseys stand out and pop one or two in.

LGR!!!

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Agree with everything, but I kind of wish that we'd put in Chytil TONIGHT as the situation calls for the opportunity with this 2 game lead. Inserting him now, where there is a little less on the line as opposed to a game#5 (should it be 2-2) might be the best chance to do so. Not taking anything for granted but......we could really use Chytil come the next round, and hving a few games under his belt "prior to" would be best. Also, we don't have last change, so that Rempe might be less an immediate factor.
I am not completely disagreeing. And, I get the argument of putting Chytil in. But again, there is still a risk. There is also a HUGE difference between 3-0 and 2-1. And as the wise man once said, "If no broke, no fix." Buzz on Brindamour is a he a great coach when it comes to preparation, conditioning, but his style is "this is how we play and that's it." Most seem to think he is terrible at in-game or in-series adjustments. Last year, they beat Isles, crushed the Devils, and got swept by Florida. Year before, they won the first 2 against the Rangers and then lost 4 of 5. The prior 3 series they were eliminated, they lost 4-1, 4-1, and 4-0. So, why not stick with what is working until Brindamour shows he can make adjustments? Either way, I have faith in Laviolette to make the call. Not going to complain either way or play MMQB if it doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad