Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I do like what Peeke could bring.

Btw one shining star last game was the PK. Honestly just wow. Another series where we are in the box far more than the other team.
I’d be annoyed by the pp/pk discrepancies more if I thought Boston was doing enough to draw more penalties. As bad as the officiating was getting against Toronto, the Bruins never got hosed on a game they deserved more powerplay opportunities. The same is true for the first two games in this series. I hated the way last night was officiated, but Boston wasn’t good enough regardless.

The first priority is to control the controllables and put themselves in a position to win a game

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Which LHD can Bruins fans stomach more? Grz or Forbort?

Monty's about to make a decision with that.
You can't put Grizz in this series they will clobber him.I was looking at ice distribution though and Lindholm played 5:52 (shorthanded)time Carlo 4:49 Forbert 4:51 then Charlie 1:48..(Powerplay) Charlie played 2:55 Lohrei 2:51 & Lindholm 1:24.If Peeke comes back it can help balance things better.

troubbble

Apr 25, 2024
A few thoughts:

Taking the bait from Tkachuk is letting him win. The first penalty of the game is a good example of that. He's an absolute punk, but the answer to that should be playing better hockey, not letting it get in your head.

McAvoy was almost singlehandedly responsible for putting us in a hole last night. Losing his stick and not retrieving it for unknown reasons, making himself completely useless (Goal #2) and pointlessly screening Swayman (Goal #3). And he's been looking bad for several games, too. Wondering if there's any possibility he wakes up, or if this is just what we can expect from him in tough playoff situations. Brutal to watch from a team leader.

My assumption was that we put Ullmark in because the game was getting out of reach and it was a free opportunity to make sure he stays loose... But it backfired somewhat when he allowed two more goals, eliminating any possible perception that he might be dominant if he got called later.

Being penalized for too many men needs to stop immediately. Ridiculous at this point.

Weirdly, we did much better on faceoffs in this game and had little to show for it. At least that's something though.

I think we need to win both games at home in order to turn this around, which is obviously a tall order. The Bruins need to play their absolute best hockey in order to survive. If we could've won last night, the Panthers would have been on the ropes, but we allowed them to get their swagger back and Bennett is going to be back in the mix soon, so this isn't going to get any easier.

May need to be lightly sedated for future games in this series.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
You can't put Grizz in this series they will clobber him.I was looking at ice distribution though and Lindholm played 5:52 (shorthanded)time Carlo 4:49 Forbert 4:51 then Charlie 1:48..(Powerplay) Charlie played 2:55 Lohrei 2:51 & Lindholm 1:24.If Peeke comes back it can help balance things better.
Grizz needs to stay in the press box, and Forbort can have a seat next to him.

Last edited:

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
The Panthers commit so many infractions that are purposely ignored by thr refs They just don't have the gonads to call the game the way it should be called. When you hear the tv prognosticators saying they are letting them play hockey it's usually a one sided point. The wonder why the game gets out of hand. You piss off one team by allowing uncalled infractions to fester. The Bruins last the game because of huge mental mistakes then got sucked into Tkachuk's circus act.
The hits will continue to increase next game. Bruins just have to make better decisions faster and cut down the giveaways.
On Sportsnet one of the guys said (in response to Pasta getting his stick broken from a slash) “usually those are penalties but sometimes in the playoffs they’re not”. I’m paraphrasing but lmao what? When the stick breaks that’s always called 100% of the time.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
A few thoughts:

Taking the bait from Tkachuk is letting him win. The first penalty of the game is a good example of that. He's an absolute punk, but the answer to that should be playing better hockey, not letting it get in your head.

McAvoy was almost singlehandedly responsible for putting us in a hole last night. Losing his stick and not retrieving it for unknown reasons, making himself completely useless (Goal #2) and pointlessly screening Swayman (Goal #3). And he's been looking bad for several games, too. Wondering if there's any possibility he wakes up, or if this is just what we can expect from him in tough playoff situations. Brutal to watch from a team leader.

My assumption was that we put Ullmark in because the game was getting out of reach and it was a free opportunity to make sure he stays loose... But it backfired somewhat when he allowed two more goals, eliminating any possible perception that he might be dominant if he got called later.

Being penalized for too many men needs to stop immediately. Ridiculous at this point.

Weirdly, we did much better on faceoffs in this game and had little to show for it. At least that's something though.

I think we need to win both games at home in order to turn this around, which is obviously a tall order. The Bruins need to play their absolute best hockey in order to survive. If we could've won last night, the Panthers would have been on the ropes, but we allowed them to get their swagger back and Bennett is going to be back in the mix soon, so this isn't going to get any easier.

Agree with all of this 100%

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
A few thoughts:

Bruins had a good first period should have had a few goals,second period totally different,not sure if it was Florida altering their game or the Bruins just playing like shit or both.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Pastrnak is a lover not a fighter

Bennett has a broken hand / he’s a middle weight - I like him I wish we had him but he’s still borderline dirty

In the cat world pasta is a house cat - but there are cats that go all the way up to a lion - these two don’t drop gloves without having an idea they can win

Pasta last night epitomized the idea that showing up is far more important than winning

i freaking LOVED what he did last night for this team

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
A few thoughts:

Turn what around? 1-1 series? Are you sure you are not all ready lightly sedated :)

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Might bet the house on a Pasta hat trick Wednesday. Knew he was going to get his lunch money taken from him but did it to get the team going. He won’t beat binky boy in a fight but he can beat him everywhere else. Time to hit them where it hurts.

Reactions: Ladyfan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Wotherspoon. Pair him with Shattenkirk.
There lies the problem.If you get Peeke back somebody sits.If you dont and dress Shattenkirk either way somebody else is out & the way last game went you need guys who can kill penalties.McAvoy Lohrei ,Lindholm Carlo & Peeke Wotherspoon be my ideal pairings. That said you had Forbert just under 5 mins shorthanded time last game and Lindholm just under 6 mins.To change lineup the way I like you need to stay out of the box or take key guys with you for Florida as well.

Reactions: Gordoff

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
On Sportsnet one of the guys said (in response to Pasta getting his stick broken from a slash) “usually those are penalties but sometimes in the playoffs they’re not”. I’m paraphrasing but lmao what? When the stick breaks that’s always called 100% of the time.
That what I mean with reffing. Call the damn penalties as they happen. Otherwise they lose control because of pissed off players and coaches. Bruins shot themselves in the foot with mistakes. They never capitalized in the first and passed the puck off like a hot potato after.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
What really pissed me off was the fact that Pasta had to answer the bell. He is a soft goal scorer and has no clue how to fight. Tkachuk is 6'2 and over 200 pounds...where was Charlie Coyle? He wears an "A" and should have been that guy not Pasta. If Florida plays that physical and rough this Bruins team has no chance.

troubbble

Apr 25, 2024
Turn what around? 1-1 series? Are you sure you are not all ready lightly sedated :)

Obviously a 1-1 series isn't insurmountable, that's not my point.

The context here is that we have a team that can come out swinging hard, or come out incredibly, embarrassingly flat. See: Game 5 and 6 against the Leafs, and the second half of last night's game.

Based on the inconsistency they've been showing, they're going to have to shake it off and get consistent NOW if they want to stack up against the Panthers (who still feel like they have our number, even after losing every game in the regular season this year).

Any more of this "on one night, off the next" BS is going to be a ticket straight into the offseason.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
What really pissed me off was the fact that Pasta had to answer the bell. He is a soft goal scorer and has no clue how to fight. Tkachuk is 6'2 and over 200 pounds...where was Charlie Coyle? He wears an "A" and should have been that guy not Pasta. If Florida plays that physical and rough this Bruins team has no chance.
Come on Maroon will call them names .lol

• Haha
Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Definitely dress Lauko next game ,he is a waterbug and can fight to for a little fella. Maybe get him to pop their 60 goal guy and send good message because it's clear others will not do it.Monty cannot let that go it needs to be dealt with and early.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I think that was Ferraro. He hates the Bruins. If they were to go all the way to a cup final he would never give them an inch. He always pumps the tires of the Bruins opposition. Simpson does also. I have to mute the games on Sports Net and CBC. It's sickening to listen to them drone on.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Tkachuk isn't fighting anyone his size, or that might be able to throw hands.

He targeted Pasta for a reason..

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Tkachuk isn't fighting anyone his size, or that might be able to throw hands.

He targeted Pasta for a reason..
if he was doing that vs my best player.Fk him he would be getting taught a clear lesson regardless of suspension.In box all night anyways.I don't usually wish injury on a player but he would be getting it.I saw enough of his crap now Last 2 years in playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad