Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
In the old days, a line brawl would start before the puck was dropped for Game 3

I would not be shocked if that happens on Friday
I doubt they'll be one. Handful of years ago absolutely or even regular season sure. But remember NJD and NYR had a line brawl to start the game and all players who were not the 1st pair to drop the gloves got a game misconduct. In the playoffs I don't think you'd want to lose an entire line right at puck drop

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I know one thing - Maroon will inspire no fear in the Panthers at all. None. Too old and slow to catch anyone with a big hit unless they're being seriously inattentive, and his fighting skills are poor and should scare nobody. By all means keep him out there, because he has a role, but the Bruins' push back on Florida's physicality and general goonery is going to have to involve the whole team. It's an attitude thing and a mindset, from top to bottom. That's what it takes.

Maroon literally brings less than Reaves.

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
Of course Tkachuk asked for the fight. Pick the other team's star who doesn't fight and either you can call him a wimp if hew wont take the fight, and if he does, you can try to hurt an important player.

Maroon should challenge him to start the next game.

And fight him, accept he or not.

Pat Maroon can retire a Bruin when that day comes

Keep him

He is needed for shit like this

But he doesn't do anything. Roster spot just going to waste.

This place smh my head…

OK

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Well, at least there was push-back.

On the one hand, I don't like Pasta fighting Tkachuk. What if he'd injured his hand? Or gotten a broken orbital bone or something?
On the other hand, while Pasta's no fighter, I liked the fight in him, and something tells me that goes a long way with showing his teammates that it's all in for everybody - even he'll get down and dirty.

Game 3 will be interesting.
I want Pasta scoring not fighting but give him credit for having heart.

I want someone (not Pasta) to nail (many times) Tkachuk. I did not like that cheap shot on Pasta.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
The Bruins should start doing what I saw Nashville do a few times against Vancouver, dump the puck into the corner and send 2 guys in to pound him, they nailed Quinn Hughes one time doing this, shook him up pretty good.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Those soft missed clears again. In games where they clean that up they win. In games where those pile up they lose. That 3-1 goal with under a second left was the dagger frankly.

As for the too many men, man...what can you say now. Has to be coaching?

Now I expect an inspired Bruins bunch Friday...

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bennett would destroy #88.

Gives u less than Reaves.
Pastrnak is a lover not a fighter

Bennett has a broken hand / he’s a middle weight - I like him I wish we had him but he’s still borderline dirty

In the cat world pasta is a house cat - but there are cats that go all the way up to a lion - these two don’t drop gloves without having an idea they can win

Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think the first game and first period Panthers aren’t the team we’re going to see the rest of the series,I think they have made the adjustments that the Leafs did and it’s going to be a checking relentless forcheck here on out.
Bruins have to win next game to really get their attention- the Panthers somehow act like the 77 Canadiens

Reactions: Gordoff

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1715254597988.png

1715254619727.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad