Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Leave it to Monty to allow Pasta to do that. WTF was he thinking? Dipshit, send out an actual tough guy (if you have one).

Maroon’s tough guy image is fine but where is the guy who could make plays and provide a little bit of offense. His skating is glacial and his line is hemmed in the zone constantly.
He wasn't the problem tonight. Boquist is fast, what did he accomplish?
Monty would enter a Corvette in a Monster Truck Rally.

Reactions: sarge88

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I admire Pasta for going after that asshole, but the Bruins should have gone into a frenzy over that. A few years back, Oshie dropped his gloves thinking he was fighting Krug...but McQuaid pushed in and took on the task and beat that pretender to the ice while actually holding back.

If Monty and the rest of the team can't find the pulse (and viciousness) to overcome this and put these Panthers down with authority, then it's back to the shopping cart this summer.

This team needs the viciousness of the 2008-14 era.
This: big, mean and f***ing nasty. Like we once were (and how we won The Cup too I might add. The “new NHL” of small, speedy and skilled was a myth. Playoffs are a war not a figure-skating competition).

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Well, at least there was push-back.

On the one hand, I don't like Pasta fighting Tkachuk. What if he'd injured his hand? Or gotten a broken orbital bone or something?
On the other hand, while Pasta's no fighter, I liked the fight in him, and something tells me that goes a long way with showing his teammates that it's all in for everybody - even he'll get down and dirty.

Game 3 will be interesting.
Say what you want about how smart or not it might be. There’s zero chance anyone of Toronto’s 10 plus million players doing that.

So ya, I’ll take that Pastrnak guy

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
This: big, mean and f***ing nasty. Like we once were (and how we won The Cup too I might add. The “new NHL” of small, speedy and skilled was a myth. Playoffs are a war not a figure-skating competition).
I'm imagining Andrew Ference in this series. He's the guy that just puts an end to Montour's bullshit, then scores from the point and flips off the crowd.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Now Maroon knows what it's like to be a Bruin

I bet he never got tossed in the playoffs for such a dangerous gesture before

Cousins deserves everything he gets ....and more

Callahan so badly wanted to go off script and just call the NHL the joke that it is when it comes to officiating.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Maroon’s tough guy image is fine but where is the guy who could make plays and provide a little bit of offense. His skating is glacial and his line is hemmed in the zone constantly.
No offence left in his game,only way he scores a goal is if one goes off his ass ,and that’s not likely because the puck isn’t already up the ice bye the time he gets to the front of the net.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
It’s awesome to have a lot of animosity between teams, there hasn’t been enough of this in recent years.
I think it’s f***ing awesome.

The NHL will find a way to neuter it of course. But f*** em. Lawyers will always lawyer.

In the meantime I hope someone take Tkachucks head off. And McAvoy finds his. Dude is terrible right now.

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
This has to be the Bruins WORST of game of the season, no?

Did anybody play well?

Wotherspoon's weak pass up the boards led to the Panthers 1st goal, but aside from that, I didn't mind his game, considering he was playing his offside.

And let's pump the breaks on the Tim Thomas comparisons. We got one win in the 2nd round.

Reactions: BMC and KWbruin

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
It is true that a couple breaks in the first might have shifted things but Florida played their game tonight and it was a lot like last year. Overall Bruins reacted but didn't initiate. We aren't hitting their D and we are falling into the same patterns as before. Tkachuk's already in their heads. Refs didn't do us any favors and Tkachuk is a great embellisher but it is what it is. Boston and too many men is just a thing. We know that.

Maroon and Brazeau are both incredibly slow (especially Maroon) and if they don't hit anybody (and hit them hard) they aren't helping. We can't win this series playing this way but it's only one game and if they are better they have a chance, but they have to be a lot better than this. A number of players didn't bring much tonight. JVR, Boquist, Beecher all brought nothing.

Most of all though Zacha and DeBrusk are passengers right now and we will not win unless they start to produce. They are both supposed to be top line offensive guys and they are both garbage right now and have been less than impressive pretty much the whole playoffs (except one game against Toronto for DeBrusk).

They are going to keep hitting McAvoy because they are well coached and recognize the target. Why we do not target their D is beyond me. Second year in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad