Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Of course Tkachuk asked for the fight. Pick the other team's star who doesn't fight and either you can call him a wimp if hew wont take the fight, and if he does, you can try to hurt an important player.

Maroon should challenge him to start the next game.
Couldn't agree more. Pasta is literally the furthest thing from a fighter this league has. Good on him for answering as a captain but that's some bush league shit. If tkatchuck expects a mismatch like that vs pasta he should answer the bell when the tables are turned against him.

But I think we all know he won't, he'll turtle and play the victim.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The loss doesn't bother me much. After a rollercoaster last few days the fatigue hit hard here. That's no surprise. Thanks to a good G1 win they still come away with a split and that's just fine on the road. Analysing the team's performance tonight given that context won't achieve much.

As for Florida, they did what they needed to and again it should have been fully expected. No point whining about it, they're here to win a Cup and will try and get there by any means necessary. As they should. It's on the Bruins now to find their own response and push back hard.

Possibly a mistake to have thrown Ullmark to the wolves in the 3rd, but what's done is done and at least he's had a little warmup. Keep him in for G3, refocus as a team, and get ready for a big contest on home ice. This series is going to be a war, so settle in folks. Let's see what this Bruins team is really made of.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Couldn't agree more. Pasta is literally the furthest thing from a fighter this league has. Good on him for answering as a captain but that's some bush league shit. If tkatchuck expects a mismatch like that vs pasta he should answer the bell when the tables are turned against him.

Hopefully pasta lit up the troops . I think he did .

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Not enough focus:

1. Sway makes a lazy pass to Spoon. He doesn’t reverse nor eat it…
2. Mc loses his stick and screen and chaos.
3. Play out the period.
4. Play til the whistle icing. (Although the ref on opposite side of rink can be seen waving icing off, but why?)

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
At least that roughing call on Maroon really calmed the game down... No ego on the refs at all :sarcasm:

Those two were obliterating their outfits in fear of what they knew Tkachuk would draw and approached everything wrong. In fact NHL's best are shifting to MLB umpire egos with frequent tantrums when their authority is disrespected.

Tkachuk 10 minute misconduct for crosschecking after a goal and the game never escalates so extreme. Scrums perhaps but no Pastrnak fight.

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024

100%

And then Maroon should use his favorite insult at him every time he's within earshot for the rest fo the series.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Not enough focus:

1. Sway makes a lazy pass to Spoon. He doesn’t reverse nor eat it…
2. Mc loses his stick and screen and chaos.
3. Play out the period.
4. Play til the whistle icing. (Although the ref on opposite side of rink can be seen waving icing off, but why?)
Was Macs stick even broken didn’t look like it to me why didn’t he go grab it instead of standing in front of the net doing nothing but screening Swayman.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Maroon should grab someone who doesn’t fight like Barkov and not give him and option.
Just make himself useful and pull a McLaren on Tkatchuk

Kyle-McLaren-taklaus-Richard-Zednik-pallomeri.net_-768x438.jpg.webp

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I admire Pasta for going after that asshole, but the Bruins should have gone into a frenzy over that. A few years back, Oshie dropped his gloves thinking he was fighting Krug...but McQuaid pushed in and took on the task and beat that pretender to the ice while actually holding back.

If Monty and the rest of the team can't find the pulse (and viciousness) to overcome this and put these Panthers down with authority, then it's back to the shopping cart this summer.

This team needs the viciousness of the 2008-14 era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad