Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
1-1 with some fresh motivation

They lost oh well but they sent a message that they won't put up with it, Pasta with lots of heart. Hope they can channel it into a good game 3

But if I see one more too many men penalties my head will explode

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
They were always going to bounce back, don't think anyone can complain about a series coming back home 1-1, one ugly game for both teams. The biggest compliment someone could pay Maroon is how Florida played once he was ejected. Found their balls for the first time in the series once he was tossed for saying mean words.

Also can Montgomery start playing the game other coaches do and start bitching about the refs when he's doing media? Bruins are a -9 in power play opportunities from Game 3 against Toronto. Florida are one of the most penalized teams in the league this season and they are already +4 in this series. We have seen it work, time for Monty to do it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
1715222232918.png

Reactions: caz16

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Well, at least there was push-back.

On the one hand, I don't like Pasta fighting Tkachuk. What if he'd injured his hand? Or gotten a broken orbital bone or something?
On the other hand, while Pasta's no fighter, I liked the fight in him, and something tells me that goes a long way with showing his teammates that it's all in for everybody - even he'll get down and dirty.

Game 3 will be interesting.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I am concerned but then I reflect that we beat Toronto with Heinen Lorhei Wotherspoon Boqvist Maroon Jvr

If you told me that at the start of the year I would have laughed

I greatly dislike how we just lost, I think it gave Florida too much momentum and they are to well rounded to do that

Back to Swayman and some pepper in the pot.

Cinderella continue

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Okay, hear me out;

Monty puts Grizz in the lineup for game 3. But the players get together and hatch a plan. They bag Grizz and lock him in the trunk of McAvoy's car. it doesn't matter what Mac drives, Grizz'll fit.

Then they find a big assed 48 jersey and put Darth Quaider in it

McAvoy is basically playoff Gryz right now. He has to be a million miles better for Boston to win this series.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
well.

I can honestly say I don’t have the faintest idea how this series is going to go. I voted Panthers in 6, but we’ll see. Lots of hockey left to play.

Reactions: Gordoff

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
you keep saying that, but it's empirically false, it was bad from puck drop in the 2nd. They were *badly* out played the entire 2nd. hell the last half of the first wasn't particularly fantastic either
It was 2-1 going into third with 1 second left.

Reactions: lopey

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Well, at least there was push-back.

On the one hand, I don't like Pasta fighting Tkachuk. What if he'd injured his hand? Or gotten a broken orbital bone or something?
On the other hand, while Pasta's no fighter, I liked the fight in him, and something tells me that goes a long way with showing his teammates that it's all in for everybody - even he'll get down and dirty.

Game 3 will be interesting.

Hopefully McAvoy buys in.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I was happy when we were winning 1-0

Then annoyed for most of the night. Meh.

Then got really annoyed when they kicked Maroon out and Florida suddenly got tough. Interesting

Big thing for the Bruins was the third and blowing their corks. They will be ready for game 3. Florida was better and had to be. But no matter what the Bruins didn’t cower in the third like last year. So many on this board were upset with the lack of pushback/toughness vs Florida last year. I was for sure. Looks different this year. Series isn’t over. We need some more guys to step up but these types of ‘incidents’ bring a team together. Should be a a few good games in Boston!

Let’s go Bruins!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad