GDT: ECSF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It was a trip. Clear as day

Dude was trying to split the D. Not sure what he's gonna accomplish there, even if you're Gretzky thats a long shot to turn into anything. I am letting that go at that stage of the game. Maybe with 10 miniutes left in the 3rd I call it but there he's never actually going to remotely come close to scoring there. Thats why the Trocheck call is fine, it was gonna lead to a 2 on 1 the other way

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
I can name a dozen+ teams I hate more than the canes. They out work most teams on most nights. For most of the game I felt like they out worked the Rangers they were faster on the forecheck. The real difference was in the goaltending and the Rangers ability to block shots.

That being said from what I watched the officiating was fine, sure its the NHL so lol sht happens but it was no way tilted one way or the other. Canes fanbase just for whatever reason has a mentality to always cry about the officiating. I only hate one team more than the Rags and I can assure you it is not the canes.

IGOR ate your lunch it happens.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Dude was trying to split the D. Not sure what he's gonna accomplish there, even if you're Gretzky thats a long shot to turn into anything. I am letting that go at that stage of the game. Maybe with 10 miniutes left in the 3rd I call it but there he's never actually going to remotely come close to scoring there. Thats why the Trocheck call is fine, it was gonna lead to a 2 on 1 the other way
He had beaten both players and Skjei stuck his stick between his legs.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Do people bitching about Trouba not realize that most ranger fans want him benched as he’s our 8th best dman?

Yes, we absolutely agree that he should be suspended! For the rest of the playoffs!
Hmm, not sure you should purport to speak for all Rangers fans about the suspension you would like to see. Can't see that ever being positioned as intent to injure when you have Necas doing that duck job. Too much ambiguity involved.
I would like to see Trouba not making bad decisions with the puck, and taking unnecessary penalties because he thinks/has has lost position on an opponent.
I guess that's why want to see the supension, lol

Last edited:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
damn kevin weekes is looking hefty these days

now we know why he always takes those selfies from the hairline up

Weekes is nothing compared to Keith Tkachuk. Keith has put on at least 150lbs since being retired. And that’s with him and his wife constantly flying throughout the season to just about every game of Matthews and Bradys.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Trochek keeps his goal streak alive...

Listeningq to this board you'd think the rangers should have racked up 20 penalties to the canes 0.
I agree with Messier and Weekes. Garbage call on the push (cross checking) penalty.
Other than I have Rangers in the pool ....I have no dog in this fight. But if they ate gonna end games with shit calls like that I may not bother staying up for double overtime. Catch the highlights in the morning.
Canes fans must be pissed.

Weekes is nothing compared to Keith Tkachuk. Keith has put on at least 150lbs since being retired. And that’s with him and his wife constantly flying throughout the season to just about every game of Matthews and Bradys.
Keith is murdering cheeseburgers from coast to coast.

Reactions: troyerlaw

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Jesus, the ESPN boys won't STFU about the OT penalty. It was weak but still a penalty.

Smash

Dec 19, 2006
I agree with Messier and Weekes. Garbage call on the push (cross checking) penalty.
Other than I have Rangers in the pool ....I have no dog in this fight. But if they ate gonna end games with shit calls like that I may not bother staying up for double overtime. Catch the highlights in the morning.
Canes fans must be pissed.

Keith is murdering cheeseburgers from coast to coast.
There was plenty of shit calls going Carolinas way, giving them an opportunity to end it.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
I
Yeah not cheering for either team, but I’m cheering against bulls*** calls like that deciding a game.
I mean we can't just not call penalties on the team that is bad on special teams. They had multiple trippings and a slash that broke a stick in half in OT that went uncalled. This same play was also called a penalty earlier in the game on Goodrow. That was probably one of the weaker penalties that could have been called on them in OT. If they had gotten one of the 2-3 penalties they should have in the first OT they lose then. The refs are going to miss calls and teams are going to get the benefit of the doubt sometimes. However you can't go 0-10 on pp and let the other team go 4-9.

Reactions: Holocene

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
You have to call the penalty. The refs arm is already up before Trocheck reaches out and slightly hits the puck. If he doesn’t, Skjei has a partial break. The arm is already on the way up.

This idea that just because it is late or OT, you shouldn’t call obvious penalties is so dumb.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
That penalty is whatever, be more mad at Carolina for blowing 2 chances to end it in OT the same way and they had a powerplay right before where they generated nothing. This series is a carbon copy of 2022. Don't understand how Carolina can't win road games under this core at a consistent pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad