GDT: ECSF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 7pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
I’d have to watch the plays in question. But I guarantee you that last call was a
Trash call.
Ok rewatch the first OT. We also had complaints in the first game that the calls were favoring the Rangers despite the fact the Hurricanes had 5-2 in powerplays and the refs missed a high stick that drew blood. The Hurricanes cannot complain as they have benefited from bad officiating as does every team but they have been trash on special teams this series.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Can you imagine the ice surface in those two arenas?
TD Garden has an inadequate ice plant, it was already turning to slush against Toronto. Wait until this weekend. Sad that Sunrise probably has better ice than us :laugh:

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
NHL and the NBA want an all NYR / BOS ECF and a NYK/ BOS ECF

Coincidence?!?

ESPN and TNT having both finals in the same spot ?!?

Get the tin foil hats out folks
Yeah, after 100+ years (dunno how old the NBA is actually), these two leagues have just now realised that NY vs BOS promises good ratings and have been kicking themselves about not rigging the games sooner

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ok rewatch the first OT. We also had complaints in the first game that the calls were favoring the Rangers despite the fact the Hurricanes had 5-2 in powerplays and the refs missed a high stick that drew blood. The Hurricanes cannot complain as they have benefited from bad officiating as does every team but they have been trash on special teams this series.
I’ll check it out. But it’s such a joke that we even have to compare bad calls like this. Every f***in game, every year same shit. Reffing in this league is trash.

“Best refs in the world” is a LIE

Reactions: Devonator

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
What do you need? Someone to get stabbed?
More than one hit a period would be nice. I'm tiring of the no hit playoffs that NHL is giving us. Too many ticky tacky penalties as well. Let them play, and let it be violent.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
I’ll check it out. But it’s such a joke that we even have to compare bad calls like this. Every f***in game, every year same shit. Reffing in this league is trash.

“Best refs in the world” is a LIE
100% agree. They called the same cross check a penalty on Goodrow earlier in the game in a less dangerous spot. The refs are dog shit but every team benefits just as much as they get hosed by the refs incompetence.

Reactions: TheNumber4

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The worst call of the night by far was the one with 1:30 left but as a whole even the OT calls were not spectacular. I thought Noeces ultimately sacrificed the 2 on 1 to act as if he had been shot to get the call on Panarin as well. It got to a point the players probably knew they were gonna call almost anything

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He's been my favourite Rangers player from the start of the season.
Yes, his regular season was great as well.

He scored at least 1 point in about 65% (63,5) of his games this season.
That's a really good number. - very consistent season, in point production wise

Now, i, personally didn't watch many Rangers games during the regular season
but if he had the similar what he is having this playoffs and if i was a Rangers fan,
he'd probably been mine as well.

Reactions: trilobyte

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
The league is always going to be inconsistent. If they called every real trip, real interference, real crosscheck, etc. we would play the entire game 5on4. It’s situational.

The refs are human. Most of it is probably subconscious. That’s why teams trailing get more PPs. Or is you somehow have gotten three in a row, you know the next one is coming even if it is a light call.

Canes blew two PPs. The Tro crosscheck has to be called at the top of the slot

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Yes, his regular season was great as well.

He scored at least 1 point in about 65% (63,5) of his games this season.
That's a really good number. - very consistent season, in point production wise

Now, i, personally didn't watch many Rangers games during the regular season
but if he had the similar what he is having this playoffs and if i was a Rangers fan,
he'd probably been mine as well.
You touched on consistency. I always knew what kind of effort he would give. I liked him when he wasn't a Ranger, so I knew who/what he was before he arrived

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
The worst call of the night by far was the one with 1:30 left but as a whole even the OT calls were not spectacular. I thought Noeces ultimately sacrificed the 2 on 1 to act as if he had been shot to get the call on Panarin as well. It got to a point the players probably knew they were gonna call almost anything
All three of those calls were correct and fairly obvious.

Reactions: HFBS

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
It was a trip. Clear as day

Reactions: HFBS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad