BRUINS GDT ECSF Game 1 - Let's Go! - Bluejackets @ BRUINS - Second Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
They should have been up 4-0 10 minutes in ... but judging from the second period alone, they're fortunate to still have the zero up on the other side of the board. Columbus pressed the action as time went on in that period.

Columbus got less scoring chances in 2nd than Bruins despite their 4min vs 1min PPtime advantage.

Bruins got this series. They play like they can and it should even be a short one.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Tuukka's positioning and rebound control have been superb this post-season. Team is very lucky to have him on top of his game in these close ones. He might not be making the spectacular flashy saves much, but that's because his positioning and anticipation have been so strong that there has not been the need to make flashy saves.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Columbus got less scoring chances in 2nd than Bruins despite their 4min vs 1min PPtime advantage.

Bruins got this series. They play like they can and it should even be a short one.
I'd say that's a tad premature. You had to know Columbus would come out slow and Rusty after the layoff but they started to take the game away in the second period clearly. If not for Bobrovsky this game is already over but unfortunately he held them in. based on what I saw on the second this team is going to be very tough to beat.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
I thought he had played the point opposite Krug w/63-37-88 for some stretches this season (mostly early). DeBrusk was generally the fourth F with that group with Krejci on the second unit.
DeBrusk used to be in front of the net

Spokedb4life

Jan 16, 2019
Haven’t seen anyone mention the ice conditions yet but my god it has to be awful out there. Looks like they are playing with a football. Has to be frustrating. Keep the passes short and quick.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Hey NBC. Super cool bro video and all, but Toronto is out. If you continue to show Marner and Matthews in this series tell Apple I’m not buying anything.

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad