GDT: ECSF G1: (4)Boston Bruins v (6)New York Rangers - 5/16/13 730P ET - NBCSN, TSN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

pROLOGUE_zps488cb067.png

cELLYfINAL1_zpsfffc7fd8.jpg

ChapterOne_zpsf0d89d1e.png

1973PanelFinal_zps560d98c2.jpg

cAST_zps3f6aebda.png

BLineupFinal_zpsa6aae42d.jpg

RangersLineupFinal_zpsa86f124e.jpg

TheDuel_zps05f28016.png

RaskHelmet_zps4a121e17.jpg

NYRBOSstatsFinal_zps57e38b47.jpg

Today's Performance-Enhanced GDT is brought to you by.....
ReddenNYR_zps87ddb520.jpg
BruinsSpoon_zps4752fc0f.jpg
JagrNYR_zpsa927aeef.jpg

....Wade and Jaromir's new silverware set

:bruins
BostonStrongRibbon_zps2772f477.jpg

Click above photo and be redirected to

onefundboston.org

for more information on how you can help.

:bruins

Disclaimer 1: If there are any problems with the presence of "Boston Strong" in this GDT or you're worried that the presence of "Boston Strong" in this GDT somehow cosmically has a detrimental impact on the Boston Bruins hockey team, you are cordially invited to file a complaint with the agency. On receipt of your complaint, you will be directed to speak with the Keno Brothers from Antiques Roadshow, and they will spend 45 minutes convincing you that the Bruins spoon is easily worth a year's salary. You'll totally buy it, if for anything just to make them go away, but also because you know it equals win.

Disclaimer 2: I like Boston/NY Ranger matchups. If this makes me boring, so be it. Chara will destroy Boyle and ignite a twitter battle between Weymouth and Hingham that puts the Jenny Johnson/Chris Brown beef to shame. I'll die happy and apologize to no one.

Deuces,

GC_zps87ba963b.jpg

Last edited:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Yup Bruins in 6
I will have to watch the game from stream since I will be at school

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
It'll be good to get started, but I hope the two days presents as enough rest of the guys. In a way, I am very interested to see how the callups do. Over at SCOC there's a pretty compelling argument at getting 22 off the 4th line and replacing him with Soderberg or Daug. It's hard because, emotionally, I like seeing Thornton on the ice. He's one of those "intangible" guys.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
The Wife, Pugs and I are going to Milwaukee pug fest this weekend. leaving@ 3:30 am tomorrow and should be in a hotel west of Cleveland by the time the game starts.
Knowing my luck they won't have NBCSN so I'll probably have to listen on 98.5 using my GCL app.

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
The Wife, Pugs and I are going to Milwaukee pug fest this weekend. leaving@ 3:30 am tomorrow and should be in a hotel west of Cleveland by the time the game starts.
Knowing my luck they won't have NBCSN so I'll probably have to listen on 98.5 using my GCL app.

i'm jealous I want a pug but can't find one that isn't diseased for under $1k

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
nice gdt! go bruins should be a fun series! we need all offensive lines here!

and hopefully some luck with injuries - come on sieds!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
It's almost embarrassing the NHL the way the NYR play defense. I watched a bit of their series against the Caps and all they do is collapse and try to block every shot. Ugh Chara needs to wind up as much as he can and scare the poop out of them and hope it works.;)

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
It's almost embarrassing the NHL the way the NYR play defense. I watched a bit of their series against the Caps and all they do is collapse and try to block every shot. Ugh Chara needs to wind up as much as he can and scare the poop out of them and hope it works.;)

Embarrassing? I think you meant to say "effective." I'm sure the Ranger defense will take being called every name in the book as long as it continues to surrender less than 2 goals a game. It's like bunker defense in soccer. It's effective if you can't figure out to shift activity from the point to areas closer to and behind the net.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA

nbcsports.com will have the game.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River

Embarrassing? I think you meant to say "effective." I'm sure the Ranger defense will take being called every name in the book as long as it continues to surrender less than 2 goals a game. It's like bunker defense in soccer. It's effective if you can't figure out to shift activity from the point to areas closer to and behind the net.

They are the Dead Puck Era Devils.

House Targaryen

May 9, 2013
Boston / San Jose

Is that you, Mike Felger??? :laugh:

He despises the way they do that and says it makes for boring hockey.

But hey, whatever it takes to win, right? Jersey's trap game wasn't sexy back in the day, but it was effective as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad