Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

The best part about this was Bertuzzi laughing on the bench.

Marchand definitely got a stick in there pretty good. In real time I can see why they'd let it go, and consider it a 50/50 battle with one guy losing an edge. On replay though, that stick pitchforks in there damn good.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
This Panthers team is like that guy when you were a kid that would go to punch you to make you flinch. But never actually punched anyone.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Displayed no overt reaction to suggest an injury. This was daddy Campbell influence in full effect
You can believe whichever conspiracy theory you want, idgaf.
It gets old, though.
Yeah, the more I see the play the more it seems like Bob feels that he's got the puck trapped in his upper body and doesn't wanna lose it. He probably feels he's got a very loose handle on the puck, and goes down soft so it stays trapped in his equipment

He just goes down so soft in this case (not feigning injury or anything though, just trying to keep a puck) that it looks super awkward, and the refs make a judgment call.

I think we solved the mystery, gang. Nice work
Yeah, never thought of that part...ref sees puck’s long gone and sees Bob looks like he grabbing for his neck while falling to his knees

Reactions: TD Charlie

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Also, Timothy Liljegren wishes Bruins a lot of (bad) luck for the non-call on Marchand during regular season. Seconded by Matthew Knies. Instead of endorsing bobblehead figurines, Marchand might make more money endorsing voodoo dolls.
ridly-greig-slapshot-slapshot.gif

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah, the more I see the play the more it seems like Bob feels that he's got the puck trapped in his upper body and doesn't wanna lose it. He probably feels he's got a very loose handle on the puck, and goes down soft so it stays trapped in his equipment

He just goes down so soft in this case (not feigning injury or anything though, just trying to keep a puck) that it looks super awkward, and the refs make a judgment call.

I think we solved the mystery, gang. Nice work
Open season to fake injuries from now on.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
You can believe whichever conspiracy theory you want, idgaf.
It gets old, —-

look just face it, the officiating discrepancies benefit the kitties in an indisputable manner. It’s not really debatable. The juggernaut panthers finished 1 pt better than a rebuild team, and are leading the same rebuild team 3-2 in a po series that majority of people had Fla sweeping . It’s absolutely fair to suggest that if daddy Campbell wasn’t sending emails to the head of officiating this would be a drastically different series. #daddy Campbell wins championships.com

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The bruins hurt players with illegal plays that don’t get called all the time, with cheap shots

Just look at this one on Matthews that took him out of the lineup in round 1

That was in Toronto’s sweet spot. The first round. Most fans are watching second round now.

• Haha
Reactions: jgatie

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Idk if he had any real target with the speed and angle Marchand came in at. He jabbed it out trying to fend him off. Not saying he shouldn’t have been called for it, just saying I don’t know if he intentionally targeted the head.
That wasn't a "fend off" reaction. That was a punch with stick in hand. Fending off is very different.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Kind of surprised to see Val Bure's name up there tbh

I was too, but if you look V. Bure only played in the playoffs at the start of his career in Montreal and his last two seasons in the NHL.

Reactions: BB79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad