Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I was wondering where Pavel Zacha’s playoff goal scoring futility ranks in annals of NHL history.

Since 1967-68 there’s been 13 forwards with more playoff GP without scoring a goal.

Here’s all 30 forwards with a minimum of 20 playoff GP and zero goals (since 1967-68).

IMG_6945.jpeg
IMG_6934.jpeg
And the teams they played for
IMG_6947.jpeg

Here’s a broader look at more recent non-scorers.
IMG_6937.jpegIMG_6938.jpegIMG_6942.jpeg
(Underlined TOI means the number is incomplete because they only have the stat start starting in 1998-99)
And who they played for
IMG_6951.jpegIMG_6952.jpeg

Last edited:

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Still complaining about the officiating. Even after getting a friendly whistle and review last night. Never change.
A friendly whistle and review? Are you actually saying that was goal tender interference by Heinen?

And if anyone got a friendly whistle, that whistle in the Panthers d zone when the puck hit Bob was the epitome of a friendly whistle, especially when the Bruins were controlling the puck at the time. Why did they blow the whistle, I never heard the reason why.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I was wondering where Pavel Zacha’s playoff goal scoring futility ranks in annals of NHL history.

Since 1967-68 there’s been 13 forwards with more playoff GP without scoring a goal.

Here’s all 30 forwards with 20 playoff GP and zero goals (since 1967-68).

View attachment 871204
View attachment 871201
View attachment 871222

View attachment 871224View attachment 871225View attachment 871226
(Underlined TOI means the number is incomplete because they only have the stat start starting in 1998-99)
And who they played for
View attachment 871231View attachment 871232
it might look way worse when you add in ice time cause zacha is probably playing more than some of those guys combined

Reactions: lextune and lopey

BB79

Apr 30, 2011

Here’s all 30 forwards with a minimum of 20 playoff GP and zero goals (since 1967-68).

View attachment 871204
View attachment 871201
View attachment 871222

View attachment 871224View attachment 871225View attachment 871226
And who they played for
View attachment 871231View attachment 871232
Kind of surprised to see Val Bure's name up there tbh

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Never mind that how about playing with #88 the entire time and Krejci last year also.

He needs to step up this year but he had 3 pts in the first two games of the series before they shifted him to wing and then to centering the 3rd line.

He finished with 6pts in 7 games last year.

The lack of goals stand out but overall he's roughly 1/2 ppg in the playoffs and regular season for his career.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Coulda, woulda, should ha is a losers lament.........

Sincerely,

Gronk
So is constant whining about officiating. ;)

Additionally, :naughty: heed your own maxim, mr big tuff Gronkman,
You’ve been coulda, woulda, shoulda-ing about the refs calls for every Boston loss. :neener:

Last edited:
Reactions: Beezeral

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
it was really strange. I thought maybe his mask was about ready to come off or something, as that seems to happen a ton these days. Then I thought maybe he took a puck to the throat?

You can understand some frustration when it turns out there is literally nothing wrong and play just stopped for no reason like that. One of the more random stoppages I've ever seen.

It's not a game 7, so maybe that helps? No way to tell. They have been dogshit at home this post season
Yet Tukka losing a skate blade and getting scored on is not worthy of blowing the play dead. Strange threshold the nhl officials set.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
The bruins hurt players with illegal plays that don’t get called all the time, with cheap shots

Just look at this one on Matthews that took him out of the lineup in round 1

Also, Timothy Liljegren wishes Bruins a lot of (bad) luck for the non-call on Marchand during regular season. Seconded by Matthew Knies. Instead of endorsing bobblehead figurines, Marchand might make more money endorsing voodoo dolls.

Last edited:

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Only difference is he doesn’t think Tuuka might be injured. That’s the threshold.
Was his confusion based on bobs prone position on the ice writhing in pain, or him standing straight up with the puck on the ice 3ft in front of him with Bruin charging towards him?

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Was his confusion based on bobs prone position on the ice writhing in pain, or him standing straight up with the puck on the ice 3ft in front of him with Bruin charging towards him?
I’m talking about the one that him up high and he dropped to his knees falling forward and now way out of his crease, right before a defender blocked the next shot at the open net.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Looked like Bob tried trapping it with his shoulder against his upper body as he was coming out hard to face the shot.

I don't think he even knew it bounced off him and the way he was shrugging his shoulders and flying out of the crease made it look like he may have been hurt.

If they had held the whistle for two seconds they would have known he was fine but oh well.

Reactions: Ratsreign

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Looked like Bob tried trapping it with his shoulder against his upper body as he was coming out hard to face the shot.

I don't think he even knew it bounced off him and the way he was shrugging his shoulders and flying out of the crease made it look like he may have been hurt.

If they had held the whistle for two seconds they would have known he was fine but oh well.
He kinda almost lunged upwards, too, it looked like. I think that’s why he tumbled forward like that. It was so awkward looking that the ref thought he was hurt

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
I’m talking about the one that him up high and he dropped to his knees falling forward and now way out of his crease, right before a defender blocked the next shot at the open net.
Displayed no overt reaction to suggest an injury. This was daddy Campbell influence in full effect

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

He kinda almost lunged upwards, too, it looked like. I think that’s why he tumbled forward like that. It was so awkward looking that the ref thought he was hurt
Yeah, the more I see the play the more it seems like Bob feels that he's got the puck trapped in his upper body and doesn't wanna lose it. He probably feels he's got a very loose handle on the puck, and goes down soft so it stays trapped in his equipment

He just goes down so soft in this case (not feigning injury or anything though, just trying to keep a puck) that it looks super awkward, and the refs make a judgment call.

I think we solved the mystery, gang. Nice work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad