BRUINS GDT ECSF/ADF GAME 6 7:12 PM | BRUINS (3) @ Columbus (2) - Third Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Jesus people here. The media roasting McAvoy for this hit. He will probably get suspended because that’s the NHL now but come on people watch the play. Anderson, head down, McAvoy goes through the body but gets jaw first because that’s where Anderson was leaning. I view this more like the Brayden Schenn hit on Krejci from last year but not nearly as bad because there was no elbow.

Reactions: Emerz

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The Bruins fans trying too hard with their 5min+suspension for McAvoy should be banned for life.

The hit on Backes was worse, Kukan got only 2min, Backes missed a whole period, there was no suspension and Kukan scored the next game.

Clb lovers...

Reactions: Bruinator

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Charlie took advantage and put his team and himself in jeopardy, should have eased up a bit. Worst thing you can do is wake up a sleeping team. Sportsnet all but suspended Mac for 5 games, the biased opinions are hard to take, what about Backes and his head shot he took, nothing was said

Mancini0518

Jan 26, 2008
MA
If you poll NHL players and GMs I bet 99% say hit is legal and should be legal. I don’t want be a fan of a sport where you can cross blue with head in feet and expect a love tap. It’s the DAMN NHL

Agree but thats not how its called in 2019. Should have been 5 imo and he'll most certainly sit a game.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
As we've seen all playoffs long, they're looking to take the B's out with calls against. That goal that they called back was nonsense and there was NO doubt in my mind that they would call it back. The NHL is bush league with their excuse making!
I would be okay with the interference call on that goal if the Leafs hadn't have been gifted a goal that almost wound up winning the series for them they clearly was interference. There just is no consistency

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I'm not confident McAvoy won't be suspended. I think the best case scenario
is that the Bruins win tonight and McAvoy is suspended for the first game of
Round 3. Main board should be going nuclear right about now.

Yeah, don't go to the main board. It's Chernobyl. It was a bad hit, but holy overreaction Batman.

Reactions: OV

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
McAvoy is 100% getting suspended. NBC doesn't go in on a guy like that unless the ruling is coming.

Don't feel bad about the call though. Kukan was 2, that's 2. Expect Columbus to take multiple runs in the 3rd if they get down. Anderson will be back there in the 3rd.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Yeah league isn't giving him a game for that ever. Not worth stressing over. Just keep your head up this period especially if they are down 2 or more late.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Love Charlie making that hit. Anyone *****ing about the Bs not being physical and getting pushed around need to shut the **** up if they are criticizing that hit. Charlie made a big time hit on a puke who has been running Bs all series. Didn't intend to target the head. Didn't extend his elbow. Just went for a big hit. That's the kind of hit big time players make. Turned out bad for Anderson, but **** him. I have no sympathy for that POS, or several other ass hats on the Jackets for that matter. Go on with your bad self Charlie!

I love your fire right now baby. I'm JACKED THE f*** UP. LETS GO BOYS! FINISH THESE BITCHES

Reactions: missingchicklet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad