Series Talk: ECSF/ADF - Columbus Blue Jackets (WC2) vs BRUINS (A2) - Series tied 2-2

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm sure Jones will be glued to the Bergeron line but I wonder who the Jackets will match-up against them among the forward lines, if they care about match-ups at all. Doubt we see someone as committed to match-ups as Babcock was.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm sure Jones will be glued to the Bergeron line but I wonder who the Jackets will match-up against them among the forward lines, if they care about match-ups at all. Doubt we see someone as committed to match-ups as Babcock was.

I don`t think the matchups will be the biggest challenge for the B`s, it`s likely going to be finding a way to get shots through as with all Torts teams, he coaches to make life miserable trying to get shots through

Shots from the point, in the games I watched vs the Bolts and the few vs the B`s aren`t where you create chances vs the Jackets, IMO, try to work the puck low and then get it to the slot or just shoot from odd angles hoping to pounce on rebounds

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
I don`t think the matchups will be the biggest challenge for the B`s, it`s likely going to be finding a way to get shots through as with all Torts teams, he coaches to make life miserable trying to get shots through

Shots from the point, in the games I watched vs the Bolts and the few vs the B`s aren`t where you create chances vs the Jackets, IMO, try to work the puck low and then get it to the slot or just shoot from odd angles hoping to pounce on rebounds

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Definitely using Backes in this series IMO. Wagner will get some time if injuries. Jackets have a pretty expensive 4th line.

I was wondering this too. Do you put Backes in for a more physical series? Wagner? Over Nordstrom? Hmmm. Nordstrom and Kuhlman have been good.

I'd be predisposed to start the line-up that won us games 6 and 7 against the Leafs. Cycle in Backes and/or Wagner if it looks like we're getting outmuscled.

Either way - good to have this depth. That's often what wins you series. Injuries will likely happen at some point.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was wondering this too. Do you put Backes in for a more physical series? Wagner? Over Nordstrom? Hmmm. Nordstrom and Kuhlman have been good.

I'd be predisposed to start the line-up that won us games 6 and 7 against the Leafs. Cycle in Backes and/or Wagner if it looks like we're getting outmuscled.

Either way - good to have this depth. That's often what wins you series. Injuries will likely happen at some point.
I leave Backes upstairs for game 1 and see how it plays out. There is no world I push Nordy upstairs unless his game drops off significantly and Kuhlman didn`t play scared in game 7 so keep him in there

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I watched all of the Columbus series as I'm sure a lot of us did and the main thing that stuck out for me was their Defense. Sean Jones was/is an absolute beast,offensively and defensively. Zach Werenski is smooth and a very good skater and played well, but didn't stick out the way Jones did and then there was David Savard, who played just a notch below Jones, blocking shots making great reads and chipping in offensively.

I also think the Jackets found a weakness in Vasilevskiy's game, they seemed to shoot high on the stick-side a lot, as it appeared that Vasilevskiy when going down into his butterfly dropped his shoulders quite a bit and became much smaller.

Their offensive is great,lead by Panarin who is Krejci like with his calmness and composure, but with more speed and a better shot. Its going to be another great series, but I think with the Bruins getting by the leafs, they will come out of it refreshed and win this one in six.

Everyone says there was pressure on the leafs, but I think there was a fair amount on the Bruins as well, because they were expected to beat the leafs again. A team who was just as good of a team, as any in these playoffs. So I feel the Bruins will come out having a new breath of fresh air and get better and better as the playoffs go forward, as they March towards Cup number 7.

Reactions: Spooner st

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
i like that its starting so quick.

Gives them a really good chance to jump on Columbus and grab an early series lead. They're at home and riding the emotions of the series in and get right back to it. Columbus has been sitting around without game action for over a week.

Rust will be a factor in at least game 1

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Just need to keep Filatov and Zherdev off the board and we are Gucci.

I also think David Vyborny (sp?) scored an OT goal against us after we made a terrible line change.

EDIT: MMMM that Dave Lewis defense

Ci3ra2Q.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Won the cup on VS. At least it wasn't the Outdoor Life Network.

Wow, I didn't realize Versus was around that recently. And yeah, OLN was something special.

My high school's initials were OLN so I always got a kick out of that.

Weird to say, but thank God NBC came in here.

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston
Definitely using Backes in this series IMO. Wagner will get some time if injuries. Jackets have a pretty expensive 4th line.

Agree on Backes - and would be helpful to get his fresher legs in there (such as they are) after the quick turnaround.

Also very interested in the Jackets 4th line / bottom 6. Lot of good players down there. Foligno and Jenner have always seemed like absolute gamers. Anderson was a force in round 1. We all know how good Nash can be in the right role. Should be a great battle with our bottom 6 that seems to be rounding into form.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Career head-to-head stats:

Karson Kuhlman: 2.00* points per game *(in 1 career game)
Jake DeBrusk: 1.50
David Pastrnak: 1.18
Danton Heinen: 1.17
Brad Marchand: 1.05
David Krejci: 0.90
Patrice Bergeron: 0.87
David Backes: 0.85

Torey Krug: 0.65
Charlie McAvoy: 0.60

Tuukka Rask: 9-4-2; .600 Win%; 2.67 GAA; .904 Sv%
Jaroslav Halak: 14-6-3; .609 Win%; 2.62 GAA; .918 Sv%

Josh Anderson: 1.00
Matt Duchene: 0.81
Artemi Panarin: 0.80
Alexander Wennberg: 0.67
Ryan Dzingel: 0.60

Zach Werenski: 0.67
Markus Nutivaara: 0.56
Seth Jones: 0.53

Sergei Bobrovsky: 3-6-2; .273 Win%; 3.90 GAA; .889 Sv%
Joonas Korpisalo: 2-0-3; .400 Win%; 2.86 GAA; .906 Sv%

Reactions: Dellstrom

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Going to be a bloodbath. Really looking for Chara to lead this series as they have some big boys on offense who are going to be pounding on our smaller guys (Krug/Gryz). I think our offense will overwhelm their defense so I have the Bruins taking it in 5. I think we jump out on them 2-0 at home since they are coming off a long breather and will be rusty.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Wow, I didn't realize Versus was around that recently. And yeah, OLN was something special.

My high school's initials were OLN so I always got a kick out of that.

Weird to say, but thank God NBC came in here.

Forgot the cup winning game was on NBC, but some of the other games were on VS.

2011 would've been tainted for me though if OLN was on the top of the screen during the celebrations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad