[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2013 EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMI FINALS
GAME #4 - 5/23/2013

@
(3) ____________ (0)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET ARENA | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | CNBC, TSN, RDS

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - MyP2P - STREAMO - KS.com: 720p (VLC Player required) | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

They pushed back. We want to push back. They’re a good team, they have some depth.
We’re a good team, too. We’ll show it Thursday.
- Brian Boyle

They are a very opportunistic team and they have really good players and they are making us pay.
It just comes down to the next game and having another good start.
- Dan Girardi

Down 3 games to nothing, it's a very tough situation. I have full faith in the team. They'll be ready to play.
- John Tortorella

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="BOSTON BRUINS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 10 | GF | 32
W | 7 | GA | 23
L | 3 | GF/G | 3.20
HOME | 4-2 | GA/G | 2.30
AWAY | 3-1 | PIM/G | 9.9
STREAK | W4 | PP% | 16.0
FO% | 58.6 | PK% | 83.9

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | David Krejci | 5 Assists | David Krejci | 11 Points | David Krejci | 16 + / - | Nathan Horton | +14 Shots | Tyler Seguin | 39 Hits | Milan Lucic | 47 Blocks | Johnny Boychuk | 37 PIM | Zdeno Chara | 14 FO% | Chris Kelly | 64.2 TOI/G F: | Patrice Bergeron | 20:33 TOI/G D: | Zdeno Chara | 29:23

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Milan Lucic | David Krejci | Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand | Patrice Bergeron (A) | Jaromir Jagr
Rich Peverley | Chris Kelly | Tyler Seguin
Daniel Paille | Gregory Campbell | Shawn Thornton

LD | RD
Zdeno Chara (C) | Dougie Hamilton
Torey Krug | Johnny Boychuk
Matt Bartkowski | Adam McQuaid

Scratched
Kaspars Daugavins|
Aaron Johnson|
Jay Pandolfo|
Carl Soderberg|

STARTING GOALIE:

RaskTuukka.png

Tuukka Rask

GPI: 10 | W: 7 | L: 3
SV% .930 | GAA: 2.19 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Dennis Seidenberg | Left leg (DTD-GTD?)
Andrew Ference | Lower body (DTD-GTD?)
Wade Redden | Undisclosed (DTD-GTD?)
Marc Savard | PCS (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 10 | GF | 21
W | 4 | GA | 22
L | 6 | GF/G | 2.10
HOME | 3-1 | GA/G | 2.20
AWAY | 1-5 | PIM/G | 6.8
STREAK | L3 | PP% | 5.3
FO% | 47.9 | PK% | 81.0

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Derek Stepan | 3 Assists | Derick Brassard | 8 Points | Derick Brassard | 10 + / - | Carl Hagelin | +5 Shots | Rick Nash | 35 Hits | Ryan Callahan | 53 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 31 PIM | Derek Dorsett | 17 FO% | Derick Brassard | 50.8 TOI/G F: | Ryan Callahan | 22:58 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 25:47

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Carl Hagelin | Derek Stepan | Ryan Callahan (C)
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Taylor Pyatt | Brian Boyle | Derek Dorsett
Chris Kreider | Kris Newbury | Micheal Haley

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi (A)
Michael Del Zotto | Roman Hamrlik
John Moore | Steve Eminger

Scratched
Brad Richards|
Arron Asham|
Matt Gilroy|
Stu Bickel|
Ryan Bourque|
Brandon Mashinter|
Dylan McIlrath|
Jason Missiaen|
J.T. Miller|
Brandon Segal|
Christian Thomas|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 10 | W: 4 | L: 6
SV% .935 | GAA: 2.09 | SO: 2 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Ryane Clowe | Upper body (DTD-GTD)
Anton Stralman | Upper body (DTD)
Darroll Powe | Upper body (DTD)
Marc Staal | Vision issues (DTD)
Mike Sauer | Concussion (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

banner22nx.png

Heads Up: The GDT is work in progress.

Last edited:

*Bob Richards*

Just need to become the 4th team in hockey and 5th in sports to ever make this comeback.

Easy.

Let's go!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
They're going to win at least two for that false sense of hope, then deliver a crushing game 6 double OT loss at home.

So yeah this is a win.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Go **** yourselves scrub team godawful performance all around. Coach should be in a stockade in front of MSG so we can bean him with eggs. Make me eat those pre-emptive words Rangers. Make me eat them

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I want to believe. I have a hard time believing. I can't believe. Nothing makes me believe, except Henrik Lundqvist. Even if the man does not put us in the game, his desire and determination to win... where you can just feel his soul... it's enough to make anyone believe.

That's my fruit opening.

Now, just battle and play one ****ing hard game, to finish the year or not. There is simply no ****ing better situation to play to the idea of playing as hard as you ****ing can to show some ****ing pride. LGNYFR.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
It would be nice to win one at least. I just don't see this going past 5 and I'll be pretty surprised at this point if it makes it past 4. I'm not really even too enthusiastic about the game tonight. :(

Punxrocknyc19*

reason to believe.. Providence Bruins had a 3-0 series lead and lost the series.. lets do the same to the Boston Bruins :yo:

3-2 Rangers OT win.. goals by Brassard (OT) Hagelin and Kreider

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Just win one ****ing game please. Boston is better but they arent that much better to sweep them in the second round.

If the Rangers get swept and show little heart than we have bigger problems. I dont expect that to happen.

I hope Torts allows Richards to fail, give him close to 15 minutes tonight - instead of protecting him.

*Bob Richards*

In attempts to curb my depression over this, I've been trying to convince myself that its only a game. Literally several grown men chasing a piece of vulcanized rubber about so they can drink booze out of an over sized coffee mug.

I really really want that over sized coffee mug.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
It's way to late for power play suggestions but whatever. If I'm Torts and the Rangers get a power play I put out the next line in the rotation.

So if the Brassard line draws a power play I put the Stepan line out next, with the 2 defenseman that are up next. If it's the 4th lines turn that's the line you put out. Same deal with the defenseman. 5 on 5 we are either we aren't getting outworked (most of the time) so treat the power play like a 5 on 5 situation.

I hope the Rangers win tonight but if they don't they don't. I'll say this though. If the Rangers win tonight they can start sowing that little seed of doubt in the Bruins head. They've blown a 3-0 lead before, their AHL team just blew a 3-0 lead. The organization has some issues closing teams out of a series. Do I think the Rangers come back? No way but lets make them sweat a little.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Gunna order a pie, get some cans, kick back and watch this plane go down. It's all gravy at this point.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It's way to late for power play suggestions but whatever. If I'm Torts and the Rangers get a power play I put out the next line in the rotation.

So if the Brassard line draws a power play I put the Stepan line out next, with the 2 defenseman that are up next. If it's the 4th lines turn that's the line you put out. Same deal with the defenseman. 5 on 5 we are either we aren't getting outworked (most of the time) so treat the power play like a 5 on 5 situation.

I hope the Rangers win tonight but if they don't they don't. I'll say this though. If the Rangers win tonight they can start sowing that little seed of doubt in the Bruins head. They've blown a 3-0 lead before, their AHL team just blew a 3-0 lead. The organization has some issues closing teams out of a series. Do I think the Rangers come back? No way but lets make them sweat a little.

I'd feel better if Boston and their AHL team HADN'T lost 3-0 leads recently. I think they are going to come out even harder tonight to put the Rangers away to disprove this talk.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

Can't hurt. I've been saying that for years, play it 5 on 5, they'll actually have more men on the puck than their PP scheme does (whatever that is). To me, thats the biggest problem. Not enough urgency, no outmanning the other team with numbers consistently (or at all in some cases).

Agree about the doubt.

Punxrocknyc19*

i would love if this team came out in the 1st period hitting and trying to start some physical play.. but this team is not that physical and soft. so i wont be shocked if the Rangers dont have a physical edge at the start.

Aug 7, 2005
upstate
Hard to take they blow 4 in a row is just as hard to believe they win the next 4 but if the team that played the Caps in game 6 shows up tonight it's a start. When Steps and Brass are your points leaders this team has huge flaws..

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
The Rangers would need some series **** to go their way to win this series. They would need to win 2 road games in a row.

That right there is an immense undertaking for this team.

LOL

But alas, just get one at home for the paying fans who endured the lockout and came back to support the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad