GDT: ECSF #1|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Washington Capitals|Hello old friend! It's us again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Lange Version 2

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
If we win tonight the caps have would be crushed, especially given the history. They typically win game 1 and we'll be down Malkin and Hags. Don't know, I think the caps take it today but I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Keith Jones: “this year feels different. It has Washington written all over it, and I didn’t feel that way the last two years.”...lol

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
Being down Malkin and Hagelin is making this game less stressful for me. If they lose, well it's not surprising. If they win, the seed of doubt already in the caps head begins to grow.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
If we win tonight the caps have would be crushed, especially given the history. They typically win game 1 and we'll be down Malkin and Hags. Don't know, I think the caps take it today but I'm hoping to be proven wrong.
They may typically win game 1, but we won game one last season.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
When was Keith Jones rooting for the Pens again? Picked the Pens even?

Contrasted with this year of course when he is a 180 degree from usual.

That’s what’s so funny about it...since when has he ever been on the Pens bandwagon....

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Pens should come out loose because of the players they’re missing and the lack of expectation...just take it to the Caps and play with pace, and hopefully get a good lead....

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Crosby scored the first two goals in ladt years game 1. That first line is on fire right now. Caps will do everything to stop.

Need one of the other lines to take over

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
One thing that scares me is that Wilson is going to be on the ice most of the series against Letang and Dumoulin.

You know at some point in this series Wilson will injure one of them.

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
please win tonight, my soccer team blew a golden chance to make it to the europa league final so need cheering up

but back to hockey... everything this year is just gravy, the cherry on top of the cake. But for the love of the hockey Gods, having beat the Flyers (cant lose to them) please beat the Capitals (just bored of playing them)
After that thats a good defence if we then lose so be it :laugh: but if its the Bruins I wanna beat them... grr LETS GO PENS :towel:

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Are you implying that Pens fans predicting a loss want the Pens to lose?

I'm not sure what else you're implying here, but I think it's totally off-base.

You think people aren't egotistical enough that they are more invested in being right about their opinion of a coach or player than they are the fortunes of the team? I refer you to the great Murray-Fleury debate of 2017. This is not the same as hoping the team loses, they are hedging their bets.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sad that Hagelin isn’t playing

giphy.gif

tumblr_mdg51h6jfz1qh1atko2_250.gif

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
One thing that scares me is that Wilson is going to be on the ice most of the series against Letang and Dumoulin.

You know at some point in this series Wilson will injure one of them.

I did not know that, thanks for the info ;)

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Jake needs to step. If he doesn’t score 5 goals this game Sully really needs to look at giving him some time on the 4th line.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
nothing in the flyers series made that seem likely

He had a huge hit in one of those games..was ready to go with Simmonds. Also his first series and getting settled in. im sure he didnt want to go out of his way to put the Pens on the PK.

But if we need him to be that guy..against Wilson..he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad