GDT: ECQF Game Two: New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Keith wasn’t bad, but he wasn’t stellar and they needed him to be stellar.

And yes Cory would have been ran out of the state if he gave the same performance with the same exact goals.

Everyone would be hanging that breakaway goal on him.
one more thing I wanna say regarding goaltending. I feel like Keith’s game today was like Cory’s like game against the Flyers back in January. First game back from the bye. Cory allowed 5 goals (on quite a few more shots than Keith faced today though, at least 25) but if I recall correctly, I don’t remember him allowing any that failed the eye test for me in that game. Being in the building today, maybe the goals he allowed looked a lot worse on TV and replays than I get to see in person. I was a good 20+ rows above him for the 2nd period and the three goals he allowed in the period for this one. Checked the replays on the big board. Didn’t think he really had a chance. Think this was a case of the eye test not corroborating or being congruent with the poor play on paper, which sometimes happens. I thought Cory had a few of those in January. His play really started to become a complete eyesore after he came back from injury in early March or late February, whenever it was. Where more than half the goals he’s allowed have been at least stoppable.

That Vatanen own goal was really something else.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Sit Moore and Lovejoy. Put Santini in with Butcher.

Greene - Vats
Severson - Mueller
Butcher - Santini
Mueller and Severson can switch sides but I agree this is our best chance to win. Even tho Santini hasn't played in a while I still think he's no worse than alternatives. Wouldn't be mad if Moore was in the lineup tho. He had a good 3rd.

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
Moore, Lovejoy and Greene all need to be on different teams next year.

I mean they could all be on the same team if they want, but they can't all be Devils next year.

Joking aside, I don't think we are getting rid of all 3 but Greene needs a Lovejoy like demotion and I think he would be ok. Greene is still good enough to play bottom pair minutes. Even as the 4th defenseman depending on how good the top guys are. His contract will be too much for his role but oh well.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And that last PP goal against looked like a mustard gas attack on everyone wearing white. Looked like a bunch of guys fainting.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
You can’t play for 20 mins and expect a win.

Awful showing for the start.

They need to get their f***ing heads into the series. From the puck drop. The 3rd was great and mostly because Tampa was already seeing a W and they let off. They can hardly even build off of it.

Get back to Devils hockey we were playing down the stretch.

I did like Schneider’s game after he came in. Hardly any of the goals were on Kinkaid, but we do need a great save once in awhile. That’s a tough choice for game 3. I can see it go either way.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
And no more dumb f***ing penalties, I’m looking at you Lovejoy & Palms

We need to draw more, and that won’t happen unless we sustain some offense zone time

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
JT Miller showed more heart the entire Devil team...

It wasn't just mistakes they were beaten up and beaten up badly. They lost nearly every single battle and showed nothing at all.

Seems as though they weren't prepared to be punch in the mouth because when they were, they just folded

You can continue with the lineup decision talk, the pairings and all the other noise you want...it doesn't matter! It absolutely doesn't matter without will, fight some damn courage... which we saw none of.

They showed up when Tampa was done and had the W in their back pocket. It was a gutless performance and a complete disgrace

Mike L

Feb 28, 2018
He had no chance on any goal given up... that's far from sucking
The Johnson goal he drops to his knees immediately. That’s horrible goaltending! Just watch the replays of the goals, KK is just not playing good.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Cory you make 6 million per year, it’s time to earn that $
He also go lucky too, with pucks being shot either at his chest of back towards Him. This did give him a boost of confidence though.

I don't think cory facing a small amount of shots in a low pressure situation is reason for a goalie change. 9 goals against for kk.... how many did he actually have a chance on, maybe 1.
Get lovejoy out...hes mainly on the ice along with Greene when the d coverage is blown.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He has way more gafs with the puck in his time with the Devils.

Lovejoy stays? I guess him literally sitting down when he fell on his own during the PK was enough sitting for him.

Stafford's skill set is not what we need here. We need to learn our lesson, not make the same mistakes as we did from game 1 to game 2.

I don't want either of those things to happen, by Hynes probably does.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
JT Miller showed more heart the entire Devil team...

It wasn't just mistakes they were beaten up and beaten up badly. They lost nearly every single battle and showed nothing at all.

Seems as though they weren't prepared to be punch in the mouth because when they were, they just folded

You can continue with the lineup decision talk, the pairings and all the other noise you want...it doesn't matter! It absolutely doesn't matter without will, fight some damn courage... which we saw none of.

They showed up when Tampa was done and had the W in their back pocket. It was a gutless performance and a complete disgrace

You are oversimplifying in my view. TB was not half a***ing it the entire third period. It clearly took a young team a while to get it together and yes I agree they were pushed around in the second period badly but KK was off as well which made it look worse. If Nico and Wood both scored and they are playing OT right now would that have been because TB didn’t care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad