GDT: | ECQF Game I | Pens vs Rangers | "I think people place too much emphasis on their careers."

Who will be our best line tonight?

• Geno line

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • Sid Line

Votes: 39 48.1%
  • Carter line

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Blu Line

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Rooney is just Gallant’s ZAR who plays C. From what I’ve read, most Rags fans don’t want him or Reaves in the lineup. So I’d consider that good news.

Seeing how physical all the games were last night, I hope we’re able to keep up. Really just want us to show a little bit of pride and fight.
So most Ranger's fans know better than their coach? lol

Physicality is huge in the playoffs, take note of that tonight please.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Man....... that rangers roster up front of loaded with talent. That team is stacked up for the next decade-ish with those picks.
On the other shoe...... an old and previously cohesive talented group stands little to no chance in the post-season. They haven't had it for a few years. Unless they get their game together and strike it hot.... this could be ugly.

I sure hope they win, but.... yeah..... don't see it happening.
Are they, though? Panarin is a stud, Zibanejad is underrated, and Kreider had a heck of a year, but other than that? Strome and Copp are fine. Vatrano is nothing to write home about. Laf-Chytil-Kakko all have a long way to go to live up to expectations. The 4th line is pretty meh, if not worse.

Don't get me wrong, they have enough talent to beat the Pens, but when I look at that roster, I'm much more worried about Shesterkin than I am their offense..

Reactions: LOGiK

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I mean, you’ve been acting like you know better than an NHL coach for years, what makes Rags fans any different?

Or are you admitting some of your takes are shit?

I knew that would be the response before I posted...... and you're not wrong.

But let's call it nuanced. I never have made a claim that Sully is a bad hockey coach. I have never critiqued his in game strategy. My argument has always been a big picture stance; Sully is the wrong coach for this current team.

Do you see the difference?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Are they, though? Panarin is a stud, Zibanejad is underrated, and Kreider had a heck of a year, but other than that? Strome and Copp are fine. Vatrano is nothing to write home about. Laf-Chytil-Kakko all have a long way to go to live up to expectations. The 4th line is pretty meh, if not worse.

Don't get me wrong, they have enough talent to beat the Pens, but when I look at that roster, I'm much more worried about Shesterkin than I am their offense..
I mean I’d give the edge to the Rangers over the Pens at forward, defense, goaltending and coaching lol…maybe that says more about the Pens

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
He’s baacckk…torn groin and all…lol

Fast forward to the 10 minute mark of the 1st period:

and-like-that-hes-gone-the-usual-suspects.gif

Reactions: Andy99

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The refs haven't swallowed the whistles yet. This could be very bad news for us with our ice cold PP. Or very good news because we can't score against the Rags 5 on 5 anyway. :)

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Only 7ish percent of you think the Carter line will be our best, tonight?

What has happened to our hero?!?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Maybe. My money is going on us coming out flat like it's game 42 after 3 in 4 nights and the Rangers coming out flying.

I give us a 1% chance in matching the intensity in the first 10min.

Hope I'm wrong though.

I'm thinking 2019 Islanders here.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
I'm trying to be optimistic, stranger things have happened in the playoffs as far as a team remembering how to be dominant. ......we'll see.

Reactions: Night Shift

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I mean I’d give the edge to the Rangers over the Pens at forward, defense, goaltending and coaching lol…maybe that says more about the Pens
Recent play aside, I think it's pretty even.

I'd take all of Crosby-Malkin-Carter-Blueger over their counterparts. Panarin/Kreider vs. Jake/Rust depends on if you believe Kreider is really a 50-goal scorer and not a 50-point player like he has been the rest of his career. If you do, obviously you'd take the Rangers. If not, ehhhh. It's pretty close. The rest of the wingers would really be splitting hairs IMO. They obviously have the youth and potential on their side, but that don't mean shit for the right here and now.

Defense, goaltending, and coaching, definitely. Especially goaltending and coaching.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
On paper the forwards should be a slight edge to Pittsburgh. One would think based on reputations that Sullivan should be every bit the counterpart of Gallant if not moreso. On reputation. Special teams, defense and of course goaltending all go to the Rags pretty easily.

I think it's funny that Penguins fans both simultaneously praise Sullivan and act like he's this sacred cow but also lament how terribly prepared the team seems to be most times and how often they come out flat.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Recent play aside, I think it's pretty even.

I'd take all of Crosby-Malkin-Carter-Blueger over their counterparts. Panarin/Kreider vs. Jake/Rust depends on if you believe Kreider is really a 50-goal scorer and not a 50-point player like he has been the rest of his career. If you do, obviously you'd take the Rangers. If not, ehhhh. It's pretty close. The rest of the wingers would really be splitting hairs IMO. They obviously have the youth and potential on their side, but that don't mean shit for the right here and now.

Defense, goaltending, and coaching, definitely. Especially goaltending and coaching.
I think the Rangers have a better mix of forwards overall, that’s why I give them edge I guess…Kreider has always been a good player…slight edge over Rust and Panarin a pretty good sized edge over Jake…Panarin is not just a complimentary player but drives play…he’s like Patrick Kane…anyway, it’s splitting hairs as you say because I don’t think the forward groups are going to decide this series …it’s goaltending, STs, and which D group can hold up better, although I guess the latter has something to do with the forwards

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I think the Rangers have a better mix of forwards overall, that’s why I give them edge I guess…Kreider has always been a good player…slight edge over Rust and Panarin a pretty good sized edge over Jake…Panarin is not just a complimentary player but drives play…he’s like Patrick Kane…anyway, it’s splitting hairs as you say because I don’t think the forward groups are going to decide this series …it’s goaltending, STs, and which D group can hold up better, although I guess the latter has something to do with the forwards

I think the penguins in a vacuum have a better group, but the mix is off and they struggle more than they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad