Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 7 - Toronto ADIEU - Bring on Columbus - BRUINS WIN SERIES 4-3

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Dubas looks like a snooty kid from my son’s college history class.

He did take responsibility for the Nylander situation.

Addressed Kadri situation, but didn’t. Kept saying he was “defending a teammate” :laugh:

Yes, that was why he did it.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Death threats. DEATH threats. As in "I want to erase your existence from the Earth" threats.

That is just sickening. For any reason ever, but especially over a game. Grown men putting a puck in a net.

Wow. I mean, I can't stand Kadri but I wouldn't wish injury on him, much less death. I'm perfectly happy just laughing at him all summer.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Death threats. DEATH threats. As in "I want to erase your existence from the Earth" threats.

That is just sickening. For any reason ever, but especially over a game. Grown men putting a puck in a net.

Wow. I mean, I can't stand Kadri but I wouldn't wish injury on him, much less death. I'm perfectly happy just laughing at him all summer.

I know, right? I am perfectly happy if Kadri never plays another game in the NHL again and spends the rest of his career riding a bus in the A, but death? Seriously? What is wrong with people!?!?!?!?!

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

It's pathetic but this happens all the time in pro sports in the social media age. People be crazy.

Reactions: Bruinaura

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Reimer also got death threats after game 7 2013 from Leafs fans

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Stay off social media. Problem solved IMO. There’s nothing good there. Cess pool there.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Now I am ready to come to your board in peace, guys.

Congrats on winning a great series! In the end the Bruins were the smarter team and the special teams made the difference (and the coach...) Well deserved!

Have a good rest of the season! Just not too good, since I am a member of the #5thline until end of the season. ;)

Reactions: Smif

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I shit you not. I have Laffs fans on Twitter trying to chirp me by comparing the B’s playoff record to the Toronto record. I’m like, Bud, you guys haven’t won since 67, at least I remember them winning two Cups (72 I was 6).

The Laffs fans are like cockroaches, they never just go away and die after their team is eliminated. They are STILL complaining about the officiating and blaming them and DeBrusk for Kadri snapping.

It’s nuts.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think Nylander has seen his last day in a Toronto uniform. I mean he held out wanting the big bucks. The leafs finally cave and pay him and he produced like a 3rd/4th liner and Babcock was still making excuses for him at his presser last night. Saying "he just didn't seem to get it going and will be better next year once he gets to start from the get-go".

No excuse what so at all and Babcock knows it. He's doing a sell job on him.

I still think they'll get a top defenseman for him, he has talent and can play with an edge, but for some reason he didn't with the leafs, but they'll be teams lining up for his services as well as Kadri, if either does become available. My guess its Nylander because of the contract and his no-show not only during the playoffs but all-season.
Gord Miller agree's :wg:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Nylander seems like such an obvious cap casualty, it blows my mind they're even considering keeping him. Even if he rebounds to what he was last year, who cares? They have Marner and Kapanen as their two top RWs which is great. His position/skillset is a luxury at best on that team, they have glaring holes in other areas.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA

The Toronto media made him out to be a complete Goon after that game. The puppies just follow their leader. I don't know why at this point, but I am still astonished at how many people just puppet things they see in the media if it confirms their bias, despite the evidence against. Case in point, CHARA DRILLS TAVARES WITH A SUCKER PUNCH title of a video, and all of a sudden, a bunch come out and demand Chara suspended for what looks like nothing and a sell job.

Or the fictional Wingels elbow to Marner last year.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Can we get Nylander?

Hard pass. Too soft for playoff hockey. I don’t believe you have to punch your way to the cup but you gotta have some grit. My prediction is that he’ll make as much money as he can while doing his best to avoid any injury at all. That’s just how he’s built imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad