ECQF - Game 7 - New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins - 7pm EST | TBS, SN360, SNE, SNO, SNP, MSG, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Pens historically choke these situations and I don't trust Domingue in net after the momentum swinging the Rangers' way.

I'm betting on the Rags tonight, so at least if the Pens lose I'll have some extra beer money lol
Aren't they 6-0 in elimination games on thr road in their last 6?
Nvm, somebody already posted that.

crosby87

Oct 15, 2017
saw a little red "live" next to the thread title and was very confused for a second

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Jarry is back. Assuming Crosby isn’t? It’s more interesting either way.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Aren't they 6-0 in elimination games on thr road in their last 6?
Nvm, somebody already posted that.

How many 3-1 leads did they drop in those series?

I remember Malkin guaranteeing a game 7 win last time they blew a 3-1 lead against the Rangers, and we know how that one panned out. Not trying to be too much of a downer, I just don't trust this team when they let their opponent back into it and lose the momentum of a series. This core has never been very resilient after dropping the ball even going back to the Bylsma era, but I hope tonight is a different story.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

I remember Malkin guaranteeing a game 7 win last time they blew a 3-1 lead against the Rangers, and we know how that one panned out. Not trying to be too much of a downer, I just don't trust this team when they let their opponent back into it and lose the momentum of a series. This core has never been very resilient after dropping the ball even going back to the Bylsma era, but I hope tonight is a different story.
To be honest a Penguins fan would be better answer that off the top of their head. I'm not too sure.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Very true. I'm pretty sure it'll be close and everyone both sides nervous.
Depends what NYR team shows up. If they don't protect the net with deflections, screens and pressure in general, we could see games 3 and 4 happen very quickly. Igor is a good goalie despite this series, but he's not composed right now and traffic will benefit Penguins.

Rangers also don't create a lot of high dancer chances. So I don't think Jarry will need to move around as much which makes his 1st game back easier.

Sid is Sid. You should already pencile him in as having a big game. I think the concussion time frame was very small, but if he's going, I expect that top line for us to be on their toes again. In game 6 they didn't have to play defense as much and was able to provide some offense. With Crosby that should push them on their toes again.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

3 cups enjoyed in this era. You think we were going to win it every year? Get a hold of yourself. :laugh:

Depends what NYR team shows up. If they don't protect the net with deflections, screens and pressure in general, we could see games 3 and 4 happen very quickly. Igor is a good goalie despite this series, but he's not composed right now and traffic will benefit Penguins.

Rangers also don't create a lot of high dancer chances. So I don't think Jarry will need to move around as much which makes his 1st game back easier.

Sid is Sid. You should already pencile him in as having a big game. I think the concussion time frame was very small, but if he's going, I expect that top line for us to be on their toes again. In game 6 they didn't have to play defense as much and was able to provide some offense. With Crosby that should push then on their toes again.
It's game 7 man, EVERYONE is showing up tonight. It's going to be good and going to be close. I honestly think OT will have to solve it.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
3 cups enjoyed in this era. You think we were going to win it every year? Get a hold of yourself. :laugh:

It's game 7 man, EVERYONE is showing up tonight. It's going to be good and going to be close. I honestly think OT will have to solve it.
I don't think you know how not confident we fans are, despite the handful posting around like our shit don't stink.

Reactions: Saitama

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I don't think you know how not confident we fans are, despite the handful posting around like our shit don't stink.

Like I said. Nerves will be high.

If it's the Rangers (no hate) I might pull for them over Carolina. I kind of second Scotty Pucks in that how the Rangers are constructed as a team, I respect.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013

Obviously not. I'm just saying this team usually folds when momentum swings the other way, and they've lost it in this series.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
This game simply hinges on the Rangers, IMO. Which Rangers will show up? The ones that won 50+ games with a Vezina caliber goalie?

...or the ones that gave up a touchdown two consecutive games in the playoffs.

I don't even think it really matters who PIT ices. The Rangers are a better team... when they decide they want to be. They need a start like they had in Game 1. Launch anything that moves not in blue to the stratosphere in the first period and break their will. Rangers have the momentum but they can't afford to take periods off or go down 0-2 again.

I'm more interested in how the Rangers play tonight than the result. I'd almost rather them play their best game of the season and lose than have the circus act continue and win.

Either way, the winner of this series is getting completely dummied by Carolina. Both them and Boston were on a different level. Much higher caliber hockey in that series (albeit less entertaining)

Reactions: Hockeyholic

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This game simply hinges on the Rangers, IMO. Which Rangers will show up? The ones that won 50+ games with a Vezina caliber goalie?

I don't even think it really matters who PIT ices. The Rangers are a better team... when they decide they want to be. They need a start like they had in Game 1. Launch anything that moves not in blue to the stratosphere in the first period and break their will. Rangers have the momentum but they can't afford to take periods off or go down 0-2 again.

I'm more interested in how the Rangers play tonight than the result. I'd almost rather them play their best game of the season and lose than have the circus act continue and win.

Either way, the winner of this series is getting completely dummied by Carolina. Both them and Boston were on a different level. Much higher caliber hockey in that series (albeit less entertaining)

5v5, no they aren't.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

Pittsburgh would likely get swept by Carolina.

Rangers? Nah. They will win in 6.

Rangers have the better goalie and better D (Fox) than Canes.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

I don't even think it really matters who PIT ices. The Rangers are a better team...
I disagree. This is an evenly matched series for 2 teams that are built differently.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Pittsburgh would likely get swept by Carolina.

Rangers? Nah. They will win in 6.

Rangers have the better goalie and better D (Fox) than Canes.

No. No they won't.

Carolina's D as a whole might be the best in the league.

DeAngelo himself has played arguably as good if not better than Fox has the last 2 months and in the playoffs.

The rest of their D corp is a full step above ours. Their worst Dman is Brendan Smith who has played well. Our worst dman is Nemeth who has been a catastrophe of epic proportions

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No. No they won't.

Carolina's D as a whole might be the best in the league.

DeAngelo himself has played arguably as good if not better than Fox has the last 2 months and in the playoffs.

The rest of their D corp is a full step above ours. Their worst Dman is Brendan Smith who has played well. Our worst dman is Nemeth who has been a catastrophe of epic proportions

Shades of 2015 if the Rangers do advance and face Carolina.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Carolina is in a class above both of these teams.

Fighting back from 3-1 and getting Laf, Kakko, and Miller exposure to a playoff game 7 is a success for the Rangers in my book.

The Rangers time to win is in the future.

The Penguins time to win is in the past.

Tonight should be pure entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad