ECQF Game 7 | Hurricanes @ Capitals | 7:30 PM | NBCSN,SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
congrats Carolina. Out worked, out coached, out everything-ed the Caps. I can honestly now say that losing Trotz was a DISASTER. Reirden seemed to make absolutely zero adjustments.

I won’t be able to compare Reirden and Trot’s coaching styles as well as Caps fans who watched the whole season, but from what I saw in the playoffs they lacked the structure that made them so dangerous under Trotz. I also wonder how much of a impact losing Lane Lambert has done on the defense group.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Anyways im super happy Ovi got one last year because this year was same old Caps

The Hawks won three Cups this decade, with how many repeats? It's not easy, and Carolina played their butts off and deserves credit. Washington at least made it a hard fought series. Carolina was just better in the 3rd and OT tonight. Caps still almost pulled it out.

They didn't pull a Tampa or Pittsburgh that's for sure.

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
I talked a lot of crap about this series but congrats to the Canes...they were the better team in 5 of 7 games and deserved to advance. And they have a very bright future ahead of them....

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
They've won a cup now so you can't label them chokers...but this series was typical salary cap era Capitals hockey. Up 2-0 in a series looking to put their opponent away quick..and it goes to 7. Ovechkin shows up but his team lets him down.

Even in the years they were getting bounced in the 2nd round it was taking them longer than it should have to get there.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Great win for the Canes. They outplayed the Caps for the majority of the series, unbeknownst to some of the NBC talking heads.
Gotta say that getting Wilson out of the playoffs is an added bonus. The guy is a plumber who does nothing but run around looking to blow someone up and feeding off of OV. Only fitting he lost McGinn on the GWG.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Dude gave everything and then some. Only cap who played like it was his last game.

And it was almost enough.

Hard not to tip your cap to ovie. But I'll still boo him at pnc for the rest of his career. :naughty:
Thank God Ovie already won a Cup. Every player, and especially great ones, deserve it...but only one. After that, it's just plain greedy.

Next up deserving winners:

1) Joe Thornton. End of story. Guaranteed HoF'er with no CUP. Has he been a Shark ever since they were formed? Anyways, he and his entire group of long-time Sharks definitely deserve it, with apologies to Marleau. A Sharks win should cause Patrick to retire in despair, which Leafs would also appreciate.
2) St. Louis franchise. Made the Cup finals their first 3 years but they were cannon fodder for the Original Six, and even though Scotty Bowman coached them they lost 4-0 each time..I think. Anyways, they're very deserving of a victory.
3) A tie between (a) Columbus, I have a soft spot for any team that's never won the Cup, spread the joy around after all, and they're about to lose a big part of their core and (b) the Islanders. Of all the remaining teams, they've gone the longest without winning the Cup, and boy have their years been lean. But their team has played playoff style hockey all year long, and they could use an update to the years of Bossy, Trottier, Potvin and the UltimateAxeman Billy Smith.
4) Carolina, Dallas and Colorado are all deserving...they've not won the Cup for a long time, and never won it very many times. I've certainly enjoyed Dallas' (Benn!) and Carolina's (Brind'Amour, wow) performance a lot this playoffs, very good looking teams who might go all the way.
5) Bruins? Sorry...I have no good non-fan based reason to hope they end up with the Cup. And a few that go against them, so they would be the winner in my most disappointing conclusion to the NHL playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaskCanesFan

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
They've won a cup now so you can't label them chokers...but this series was typical salary cap era Capitals hockey. Up 2-0 in a series looking to put their opponent away quick..and it goes to 7. Ovechkin shows up but his team lets him down.

Even in the years they were getting bounced in the 2nd round it was taking them longer than it should have to get there.
Typical Pens fan BS. Crosby had, what, 1 point in a 4 game first round sweep?

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009

how much did he spark that canes team?

didn't they sweep them in the regular season? made it 6 in a row after the first 2 games of the series. then the idiot "captain" goes fight a teenager in game 3 and proceed to lose the next 4 out of 5 games

Reactions: SaskCanesFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad