Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - AIDEU TORONTO - FLORIDUH HERE WE COME - BRUINS 2 Toronto 1 F/OT - B's win series 4-3

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I love that Sway got snubbed by Toronto and ended up a Bruin. I love that Brazeau was a Marlie and never got called up.

Domi also hurt his team, he took dumb penalties that resulted in PPGs for the Bruins. It directly affected those games. He is a loser and I wouldn't want him on my team. He has been passed around the league like a hot potato, there is a reason for that.

Last edited:

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
As I laid in bed sleepless watching the Pasta goal on rewind in my mind a thought occurred to me. So this is how it felt to be a Habs fan for all those years when the Montreal jinx reigned over the Bruins. And for a brief moment my heart went out to the Leaf fans whose heartbreak I had known so well through the first thirty eight years of my Bruin fandom. But only for a brief moment and then I said screw that, better them than us. They can lay on the beach all day in the Miami sun and then come see us on the ice in Sunrise. Not sure which headline I prefer, Swayman Saves Steal the Series, Hampus Heaps Heartbreak on Hogtown or Pasta Puts Leafs out to Pasture. Anyhow pack your bags, we got another roadie.
Great Post….Have you ever think about writing a book on the Bruins…

Classic

Reactions: Gordoff

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
That ship has sailed I think. He was a pesty bugger in junior. Always wrestling around with opponents causing havoc and drew a lot of penalties.
You are most likely correct especially with Debrusk looking more and more like he’s staying (which I’m happy with all things considered) but he’s a fun player and has an extra playoff gear

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Pat Maroon was an important role player for Tampa when they were Florida's Achilles Heel in the playoffs. Maroon and Montour had multiple exchanges. That's why Maroon was brought in, he knows it, and is ready.

Lots of low-scoring, low-event hockey in multiple series. The Panthers are masters of finishing tight games one goal better, but the B's can definitely hang with them.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
You are most likely correct especially with Debrusk looking more and more like he’s staying (which I’m happy with all things considered) but he’s a fun player and has an extra playoff gear
Totally agree. Bert makes an impact. When the Bruins got him Iiked it. 2 Kenny the Rats playing together on the same team. If nothing else Bert adds character to any line up. He goes to the dirty areas where a lot won't go.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Some thoughts:
  • A serving of Pasta, at just the right time, can be very satisfying.
  • Big game from Lindholm. GTG and big assist on the OT winner. What a smart pass. His goal was odd - seemed like he didn't even shoot it hard, just flipped it toward the net and it went in.
  • Swayman, Swayman, Swayman. Series MVP imo. I love Ully, and I liked the rotation, but Sway is the way from here on in. He's dialed in. He's the Man. And if he falters, we have a Vezina-winner to call upon. What a luxury!
  • Lohrei has been impressive. I didn't see any of the rookie jitters and lapses that he showed at times during the season. A few times when he was skating the puck out of the Boston zone with a Leaf pressuring him from behind, I was worried he'd cough it up, but he used his long reach to keep the puck out in front of him, and used his skating ability to pull away. And a few times, he rushed deep into the Leaf zone on offence, showing lots of confidence and moxy. What a gem this kid is, and will only get better.
  • The leadership and playoff experience from newer players like Shattenkirk and Maroon is invaluable.
  • Kudos to Pasta for taking the huge hit from the Leaf's D-man early in the game and popping right back up. He's tougher than he seems.
  • A couple of times I felt DeBrusk could have made something happen. He was dangerous on a few plays. Hope that continues in the next round.
  • Liked what we're getting from the likes of Brazeau and Beecher. Their size and skill will be needed against FLA.
On the FLA series:
  • I hope we can get Peake back, I guess he'd replace Wotherspoon?
  • I assume Grizz will continue to sit. Sucks for him, but the D as presently constituted is doing better.
  • Even if/when Forbort is ready, I don't think I'd play him with Shatty and Wotherspoon playing well. Good to have as an option, though.
  • Need more from Zacha
  • Hopefully Heinen is ready to go for the Florida series. He’s such a smart, versatile and reliable player, it can only help the Bruins chances to have him back in the lineup.
Last thought:
  • Go Bruins!!

Last edited:

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Totally agree. Bert makes an impact. When the Bruins got him Iiked it. 2 Kenny the Rats playing together on the same team. If nothing else Bert adds character to any line up. He goes to the dirty areas where a lot won't go.
IMO Bert is he is not a true team player, he is selfish and certainly not a winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad