Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - AIDEU TORONTO - FLORIDUH HERE WE COME - BRUINS 2 Toronto 1 F/OT - B's win series 4-3

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don’t even hate him. I felt a mutual respect growing between PK and the Boston fans. That statement proves it.
Had some nice stuff to say about the Bruins in their win and then said (paraphrasing here) "I hope that my mom won't see/hear this, she won't be baking me any more cakes any time soon). Hated him when he played for the Habs but if he played here from day one I think he would've been a way more complete player and not do the dumb stuff that we hated. Or, he would have and maybe we wouldn't have hated it if he were a Bruin. When he'd get the puck on the PP and take that big slapshot, it was impressive. He was also a visitor to the Patriot's locker-room on occasion. Gotta like that.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Had some nice stuff to say about the Bruins in their win and then said (paraphrasing here) "I hope that my mom won't see/hear this, she won't be baking me any more cakes any time soon). Hated him when he played for the Habs but if he played here from day one I think he would've been a way more complete player and not do the dumb stuff that we hated. Or, he would have and maybe we wouldn't have hated it if he were a Bruin. When he'd get the puck on the PP and take that big slapshot, it was impressive. He was also a visitor to the Patriot's locker-room on occasion. Gotta like that.
He's said before that he would of liked to play here. I don't hate him that much.

mxcrossb

Mar 29, 2023
Osaka
I had to read all 37 pages to get over my excitement. We were the better team this series. It should’ve ended in five, but we didn’t get the bounces. It should’ve ended in regulation, but no luck. Then in OT we catch the break we need and bag up the leaves in glorious fashion.

Florida feels like a huge challenge, but let’s hope the retooling in the offseason was sufficiently biased towards beating the Panthers. One can always dream of a Celtics - Heat style beat down…

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Here in peace again, if you rewatch the final seconds of regulation, if that pass gets through Wotherspoon (instead of deflecting off of him and onto Swayman), Holmberg is there for the backdoor one T. Would have been close if it counted, but Holmberg has half the net to shoot at.

Rooting for the Bruins against the Panthers!

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Here in peace again, if you rewatch the final seconds of regulation, if that pass gets through Wotherspoon (instead of deflecting off of him and onto Swayman), Holmberg is there for the backdoor one T. Would have been close if it counted, but Holmberg has half the net to shoot at.

Ok

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

But it didn't, which is a little thing we call reality. You might want to try it sometime.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
1715009893984.png

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
For years I have watched these Bruins Leafs series by myself (Yes I have been online here).

As I live in Ontario, my brother inlaw (huge Leafs fan) and I decided to watch the series together. Funny to see both of us yellng at the TV for 2 different teams.....

I had predicted that the series was going to 7 and when we got to this game, it was very odd watching the game with a die hard Leaf fan.

Funny thing is, after the Bruins won in overtime (and my celebration was over) I had to give the guy a one armed hug ....... He is one of the few good Leafs fans and we have crushed their dreams so many times....

I believe it kind of took the edge off the series as both of us actually had someone to talk to.

Good times.....

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He's said before that he would of liked to play here. I don't hate him that much.
Him and Marchand on the same team would have been ridiculous, he would have been adored here. Definitely a player you loved to hate in his hey-day.

For some reason, not sure why, I didn't dislike him after he left the Habs. Again, no idea why that was the case :boredom:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I watched the Behind the B clip of the handshakes and locker room. I'm surprised at how much mutual love Marchand and Jake McCabe showed in line. Of all the Leafs, he got he most praise and in return McCabe was the only one who said something like "go get Florida".

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad