Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Bissonette has no business being on a national broadcast, he’s an embarrassment to the game of hockey. That bs he spewed last night should prevent him from being on any more broadcast.
Where did this guy come from. Obviously he wasn't that much of a player. Now acts like a loud mouth. We had him at the Aud for some reason. They advertised it like Elvis was coming. Went over like a lead fart. Not many adults there ever heard of him.

Reactions: Gordoff

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Goaltending is not the problem, maybe if the offense shows things would be different. No excuse scoring only 2 goals in two games against a weak-ass defensive team like Toronto. It's inexcusable. Play to win, not to not lose.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Thank you. Did I read here at some point you had a milestone birthday?

You are correct. No longer am I the young, snarky 26 year old I was when we first started chatting hockey.

Now I’m 40 and snarky. :laugh:

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
Bissonette has no business being on a national broadcast, he’s an embarrassment to the game of hockey. That bs he spewed last night should prevent him from being on any more broadcast.
He twweted this before an earlier game (either 4 or 5). I was going to post it here, but didn't because, really, who cares? But here it is:

That's one example of all the crap he's been posting about the Bruins and their fans.

These guys are ex-players. It's understandable they root for their old teams and what not. Couldn't care less. I don't even need the to try to hide it.

ut you're a nationally broadcast hockey show. And leading up to the pre-game show, one of your hosts is basically telling the fans of one of the teams to F off.

How stupid is that to allow it to continue? Again, it's pretty far down the list of things I care about. But I really don't have any desire to watch that show again as long as he's on it.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I don’t understand why anyone thinks Swayman wouldn’t play tomorrow night?

I mean, he IS on the list of reasons the Bruins lost. Right behind EVERYTHING ELSE.
He's the last one on the list. Dead last. If it wasn't for him it could have been 3-0 by early 2nd period in game 6. That's not saying Ullmark would have let 3 in. Just saying he did his part to give the team a chance to stay in the game, the offense is what blew the game. No finish or killer instinct.

Ullmark played well in his appearance but Swayman has been better. You ride the goalie who is playing better. Start Sway, no question

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
He's the last one on the list. Dead last. If it wasn't for him it could have been 3-0 by early 2nd period in game 6. That's not saying Ullmark would have let 3 in. Just saying he did his part to give the team a chance to stay in the game, the offense is what blew the game. No finish or killer instinct

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The point was clear. Goalie played great. Rest sucked. Easy.😉
Apparently it isn't clear if anyone is thinking Swayman isn't starting, as the post I was replying to stated and others butted in but I digress.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Where did this guy come from. Obviously he wasn't that much of a player. Now acts like a loud mouth. We had him at the Aud for some reason. They advertised it like Elvis was coming. Went over like a lead fart. Not many adults there ever heard of him.
His podcasts (Spitting Chiclets) of morons and goofs. It’s picked up some popularity over the years for it’s obnoxious derps and shock jock speak. He’s been on TNT all year and TBH he was fine on the show until the Boston/Laffs series. Like a flick of the switch he turned into a smitten 13 yr old fan boy and became unbelievably obnoxious. I couldnt believe a grown adult was acting like that after game 5 and supposed to be a sports analyist. PK has been a dink too and not any better over on ESPN. I guess the sports world thinks every NHL generation needs a controversial “Don Cherry/Mike Milbury” type on it’s broadcasts.

Reactions: Gordoff

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I don't give a f**k what people think, I will never be embarrassed to be a Bruins fan. I live an hour from Toronto and wear Bruins gear all year round. Enjoy life, support what you love, screw every other fan base. If they lose, I will still be out there showing my passion.
This x 1000. 50 years of bruins. Numerous fights in my younger days defending the bruins. Win lose never been embarrassed being a fan if this team

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Apparently it isn't clear if anyone is thinking Swayman isn't starting, as the post I was replying to stated and others butted in but I digress.
I think that post was pretty clear. But it's okay if you didn't interpret it. No biggie

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
What is with Montgomery taking a shot after game 6 at Pastrnak? He has played the same way all series so NOW it is a problem? Is this Montgomery taking a shot to save his job by saying, Sweeney & Neely, the guy you gave $11.5 M/yr was a bad mistake?

WTF

Montgomery is always pointing his finger at someone else except when he knows his job is on the line like last season and then he points it at himself to save his job.

IMO Sweeney made a mistake hiring Montgomery but then Sweeney was saving his job by blaming Cassidy for a season failure.

Within the Bruins management it is a blame game to save your job .

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
If he wants to be a clown on TV then fine but provide some actual insight. Like you said, has trouble forming a full sentence with dropping an F-bomb on his podcast.

Even in Don Cherry's later years, he at least provided the viewer some insight into the game they were watching. He knew his hockey and it wasn't all "look at this fight, look at this hit".

You get none of that with Bissonette.
I just think....what can I learn from a career 4th line 200 game player with a total of 7 goals?:rolleyes:
Not much.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I hope this jinxes them.
1714778832595.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events