Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Surprised tickets are still $300 or so hopefully some of the pink dots end up not selling. I'll be purchasing after 7pm tomorrow hoping to get in under $150.

Reactions: Gordoff

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
So far bringing in Maroon is like watching a Brinks Truck roll over. Everyone grabs all the bags of money and runs off. Sweeney got there late ran out and grabbed the last bag with not much left in it. Maroon got punched in the head by Edmundson turned and looked at the ref to do something. How about sparking the team and pounding the piss out of him. Where is the passion gone with the Bruins. Maybe those visions of big simmer vacation homes rolling through their noggins.
I still think the best thing Boston could have done 5-10 min into that "second horrible first period in a row" is have someone drop the gloves and change the tone. They're PK is solid and they needed a spark. It works. But those days are over. They won't. I get it.
So I wait for someone to make a big play to get them going. Nope. Nothing.
The game 7 first period should say a lot. Heck, even if they win the opening faceoff for once it'll show me that maybe they're ready.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
0-5 in elimination games. One and two shots on net in the last two games first period. Can't win faceoffs. Star players fading and not stepping up. Letting a rookie goalie with very little experience school you. Wow! I think we are setting ourselves up for a major disappointment. Bruins are likely making history once again.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
0-5 in elimination games. One and two shots on net in the last two games first period. Can't win faceoffs. Star players fading and not stepping up. Letting a rookie goalie with very little experience school you. Wow! I think we are setting ourselves up for a major disappointment. Bruins are likely making history once again.
Going to find out tomorrow .Any other team other then Leafs, I would probably have no hope but them losing in 7 vs Bruins is just what they do

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
These motherf***ers are so heartless they make Joe Thornton look like Jean Beliveau

Old Joe was heavily criticized for his lack of playoff production. Shouldn't really been a surprise considering his whole game is about slowing things down, working the puck around with passing.

That's regular season hockey. Thornton didn't know how to play playoff hockey. One reason why he never won.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Old Joe was heavily criticized for his lack of playoff production. Shouldn't really been a surprise considering his whole game is about slowing things down, working the puck around with passing.

That's regular season hockey. Thornton didn't know how to play playoff hockey. One reason why he never won.
He was actually productive under Burns, he crashed the net and scored goals in that 1999 series with Carolina. But after they brought in Ftorek and coddles him he turned into a perimeter pass-first guy who refused to use his size and was easily shut down in the playoffs.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He was actually productive under Burns, he crashed the net and scored goals in that 1999 series with Carolina. But after they brought in Ftorek and coddles him he turned into a perimeter pass-first guy who refused to use his size and was easily shut down in the playoffs.

And when Keenan took over. Keenan turned Pronger into the monster he became and it looked like he was doing the same for Joe than that loser Ftorek got hired and it went downhill from there.

What is old Mike up to these days? I know he's still coaching.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
The top six on D looks set for next year..letting Grizz, Forbert and Shattenkirk all go frees up more than $7m

To your point they need to add two forwards ...one needs to be a center ( Lindholm?) and one willing to go to the dirty areas .....there is space available to make this happen,

would also like to see them add a fourth line forward who brings some " truculence "

And they can all likely fit without trading a goalie assuming Sway is somewhat reasonable ...Bs need to sign him long term
Agreed. This team needs to win faceoffs. The "number one center" I would like doesn't even need to be a true number one. Just a bonafide top 6 or 9 guy that is excellent on the draw. Possession is so important. They stand little chance in the deeper parts of the playoffs without faceoff wins. I miss Bergeron so much just on faceoffs alone.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
And when Keenan took over. Keenan turned Pronger into the monster he became and it looked like he was doing the same for Joe than that loser Ftorek got hired and it went downhill from there.

What is old Mike up to these days? I know he's still coaching.
Absolutely agree on Keenan. That 2001 team was busting it's ass for him and if they didn't have like 5 goalies on IR and had Skudra or a 19-year old Razor in net half the year they'd have made the playoffs and made some noise in it.

I understand the impulse to not commit to Keenan long term since he burns bridges quick, but passing up Laviolette for Ftorek was the biggest mistake MOC ever made.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Absolutely agree on Keenan. That 2001 team was busting it's ass for him and if they didn't have like 5 goalies on IR and had Skudra or a 19-year old Razor in net half the year they'd have made the playoffs and made some noise in it.

I understand the impulse to not commit to Keenan long term since he burns bridges quick, but passing up Laviolette for Ftorek was the biggest mistake MOC ever made.

MOC (who I still despise all these years later, no respect for him at all) made a LOT of mistakes. There was a thread here about a month ago I said the exact same thing about passing on Laviolette to hire Ftorek.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Can't believe I would say that one day but go bruins go, really hope you guys beat the s*it out of TOR. We are rivals but at least I respect you guys because you know how to win, gotta give you that. Respect and good game
I’d be cheering for the Habs if they we’re playing the Leafs also.I hope I don’t get kicked of here for saying this.lol

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
McAvoy aint who we thought he was. I think the heart issue has something to do with it, but he just isn't the stud #1 everyone projected him to be.

He used to blow people up regularly before injuring his shoulder but seldom does now. Perhaps between the 2 issues he subconsciously backs off now. IMO you're definitely right, he's not who we thought he was/going to be.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
as much as i love my Bruins this team looks defeated the collapse from last year is still in their Minds and so is the Toronto goalie. our best players have not showed anything the last few games. Coming home to play another game 7 does not instill confidence at all. This team looks defeated and the whole pressure is on them in this game 7. The team only had 3 first period shots in the last two games you think the coaches will find a way to fix this situation but it really on the Players to figure this out the play is sloppy and like no one what to do something wrong. Sawy has kept them in the last 2 games and if they lose which i expect it won't be Sway fault. He played like a true #1 and should get a nice deal. if this team collapses think they must be massive changes from top down.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Surprised tickets are still $300 or so hopefully some of the pink dots end up not selling. I'll be purchasing after 7pm tomorrow hoping to get in under $150.
Man
Going to find out tomorrow .Any other team other then Leafs, I would probably have no hope but them losing in 7 vs Bruins is just what they do
Better not get down 4-1 because this team does not have the makeup to come back from that again.

Reactions: KWbruin

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
as much as i love my Bruins this team looks defeated the collapse from last year is still in their Minds and so is the Toronto goalie. our best players have not showed anything the last few games. Coming home to play another game 7 does not instill confidence at all. This team looks defeated and the whole pressure is on them in this game 7. The team only had 3 first period shots in the last two games you think the coaches will find a way to fix this situation but it really on the Players to figure this out the play is sloppy and like no one what to do something wrong. Sawy has kept them in the last 2 games and if they lose which i expect it won't be Sway fault. He played like a true #1 and should get a nice deal. if this team collapses think they must be massive changes from top down.
Yeah well Toronto looked defeated after game 4. Means nothing. One game. Just win.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I still think the best thing Boston could have done 5-10 min into that "second horrible first period in a row" is have someone drop the gloves and change the tone. They're PK is solid and they needed a spark. It works. But those days are over. They won't. I get it.
So I wait for someone to make a big play to get them going. Nope. Nothing.
The game 7 first period should say a lot. Heck, even if they win the opening faceoff for once it'll show me that maybe they're ready.
If a Bruin pounded the snot out of Bert or Domi the whole dynamic would change. They run at Bruins , knocked the captain on the ass. All those big giraffes on the Bs stand there staring. Edmondson punch Maroon and got no response. You could see the fear in his eyes that he may have to go but Maroon went the other direction. Personally I thing he can't really fight because he just came off back surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad