Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 5/4 8:14 PM - Good News as Game 7 is at TD Garden, Bad News Game 7 is at TD Garden - ABC, ESPN+, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
"Wow"
They need to win this one. Each man needs to play like a difference maker. Have that mind set, go out there win, just win ! Really disappointing Monty not having a Practice, its not like they don't need to go over things mainly psychological. It seems like he has the approach of a seven year-old. Just ignore it and it'll go away.

View attachment 864067
I’m going and I may get popcorn for this because I have know idea if I’m watching Apocalypse Now or the Wizard of Oz.

Was talking to Eric a few minutes ago and both settled around 20 % (always comes down to 80/20) of Bruins fanbase leaving.

Being associated with chokers and losers not something anyone wants.

To all my friends here who will be vacating after a loss best wishes and good health

troubbble

Apr 25, 2024
I didn't watch a single regular season game after the biggest choke in sports history last spring. Used to watch every second of every game, but I am a broken fan. Also not a fan of the new NHL -no fighting, Tim Peel style reffing, etc. Found better ways to spend my limited time off work.

Although apparently, posting about the Bruins is still an acceptable way to spend time your time *at* work.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The Bruins can’t lose that game tomorrow night. No way. Is this how the 100th anniversary season is going to go down?

There have been three eras of my Bruins fandom:

1. Childhood - 1987: Can’t beat Montreal.

2. 1988 - c. 2006: Just one or two players away…

3. 2007 - present: Can’t win Game 7.

Yes, there have been some huge Game 7 wins, including three in 2011, but those are the exceptions.

I’m tired of all the talk of toughness and hard work and leadership when it comes to the Bruins. Ever since the Kraut Line departed for military service during World War II (and derailed a would-be Bruins dynasty), leadership on and off the ice has been lacking. There have been fleeting moments of glory, but that’s all they were: fleeting.

When the Bruins won in 2011, I thought that team would win 3 or 4 cups no problem. Maybe more. But it was the Blackhawks and not the Bruins who seized that mantle. 2011 was the exception. The aberration.

Yes, this is a bridge year. A rebuilding year. A retooling year. I understand that.

BUT…

The 2024 Boston Bruins should have won this series days ago. Do they not care? Was this SCRIPTED to go seven games??? Is that why they haven’t beaten the Maple Leafs sans their best player? If that’s the case, I’ll just throw all my thousands of dollars worth of Bruins stuff in the trash where it would belong.

No sports fan “deserves” a win. That’s not how it works. But we fans who invest our money and even more precious time in our favorite teams deserve effort.

We haven’t been getting it.

I’m sick of the Bruins “culture” and the myth of what that is. Time to change the reality of that culture.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Team is struggling to get pucks on net....and that's evident by the fact that Brandon SHUTDOWN D-MAN Carlo is tied for 5th on the team in SOG! If he had one more shot he'd be tied for 3rd on the team for SOG. When a guy who averages 4 goals a season is one of your top shot generators, you know you have a GIANT f***ing problem.

Here's a look at where the % of our team goals came for the Reg vs Post season so far

1714747978706.png

Coyle & Zacha accounted for nearly 20% of our goals this season, but have both laid goose eggs in the playoffs. If those guys who finished top 4 in goals for us this year don't find the net in Game 7, then we're in trouble. In those 3 Bruins losses, those top 4 guys have 1 goal combined.

Reactions: Wirelessbits

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
"Wow"
They need to win this one. Each man needs to play like a difference maker. Have that mind set, go out there win, just win ! Really disappointing Monty not having a Practice, its not like they don't need to go over things mainly psychological. It seems like he has the approach of a seven year-old. Just ignore it and it'll go away.

View attachment 864067
until tomorrow

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Wanna be the jets kings caps isles right now? We still alive baby game 7 at home for a chance to the 2nd round. Let's go!

I'm gonna rally all you all guys let's go ! This is it and all this negativity. Come on guys send positive vibes we can do this. BELIEVE!!

Reactions: Bruin and caz16

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Team is struggling to get pucks on net....and that's evident by the fact that Brandon SHUTDOWN D-MAN Carlo is tied for 5th on the team in SOG! If he had one more shot he'd be tied for 3rd on the team for SOG. When a guy who averages 4 goals a season is one of your top shot generators, you know you have a GIANT f***ing problem.

Here's a look at where the % of our team goals came for the Reg vs Post season so far

View attachment 864081

Coyle & Zacha accounted for nearly 20% of our goals this season, but have both laid goose eggs in the playoffs. If those guys who finished top 4 in goals for us this year don't find the net in Game 7, then we're in trouble. In those 3 Bruins losses, those top 4 guys have 1 goal combined.

If you had told me that DeBrusk and Frederic would be putting the puck at the next at this rate in the postseason, I would have assumed a Bruins victory.

Reactions: ON3M4N

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I’m going and I may get popcorn for this because I have know idea if I’m watching Apocalypse Now or the Wizard of Oz.

Was talking to Eric a few minutes ago and both settled around 20 % (always comes down to 80/20) of Bruins fanbase leaving.

To all my friends here who will be vacating after a loss best wishes and good health
You need to have more faith in the Bruins fan base. Their a passionate group and want to win just like any other fan base. If the Bruins do become the first team of the 3 major sport leagues that blow a 3 games to 1 lead in consecutive seasons, being upset and frustrated is more than ok, and being aye the sun will come up tomorrow is also Ok.

Fans who would leave, are they really fans anyways ? Fair weather, perhaps.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He's exactly what many of us thought he was. I've said for years, "If McAvoy is your #2 Dman you're a contender." #1? not so much.

I also took a lot of heat last Summer for posting here that if Charlie and Pasta are next in line for Captaincy, the Bruins are in trouble.

I took a LOT of heat, but I stand by it.

Anyway, when the season began, I didn't expect them to make the playoffs. Before this series I didn't expect them to beat the Leafs, and I thought it folly for them to lose the last game in order to draw the Leafs (IF that's what they did, I've no proof!)

I admit, after games 1, 3 and 4, I did think they'd win, but I think we're seeing the team's true colors.

I supported Sweeney's deadline moves to go for it, and with potential reward often comes risk, so I've enjoyed more playoff games than I expected to and now I'll see what the future holds with plenty of cap space and almost no draft picks!
Excellent post.
🍻
Enjoy game 7.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
True, but I’m done with trying. Do it. Or don’t do it. They’ve long lost any leeway
Who's talking about blame ....who's talking about just that loss.
Just saying that being the Bruins are a team that builds for championships as their M.O....
this D is not even in the ball.park

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
"Wow"

View attachment 864067

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

I'm with you, man. Personally, I can't wait for Saturday night. Its gonna be a blast.

2 goals probably wins it and its gonna be a GRIND. Fine by me. I live for these kinds of games.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Everyone knew what this needed after last year’s collapse, a center and some toughness.
I have read some write Montgomery is good with the young guys. Sorry not seeing it, Beecher in and out Lauko is a black hole for offense. Do you give him credit for Lohrie and where he is in his development?
During the season should have tried Fredric at center for a bunch of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad