GDT: ECQF Game 6: Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 8 PM, ABC/ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Saying we looked shaky in Games 3 & 4 is a huge stretch and takes a lot of credit from what the Devils did. The fact this young group came back from 0-2 on the road isn’t nothing and I see it brushed off a lot.
I didn’t say anything about them looking shaky in game 4.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Those were Conference Finals if I remember correctly. Did Rangers-Penguins start at 8 last year? I know Devils-Hurricanes wasn't an 8 PM start in 2009. I don't remember this being a first round thing, at least not in the NHL. This is more like an NBA schedule.
Because its the only game 7 on the docket. Just like Canes Rags last year.
IMG_7950.jpeg

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I didn’t say anything about them looking shaky in game 4.
Wasn’t talking about you specifically, I’ve seen that floating around. Didn’t mean to make it seem like I was pointing anyone out, apologies.

But I thought they played a sound Game 3 as well.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Those were Conference Finals if I remember correctly. Did Rangers-Penguins start at 8 last year? I know Devils-Hurricanes wasn't an 8 PM start in 2009. I don't remember this being a first round thing, at least not in the NHL. This is more like an NBA schedule.

Just looked it up, Devils-Canes was at 7:30 in 2009. Rangers-Capitals in DC the same night was 7 PM. I'm pretty sure Devils-Panthers wasn't an 8 PM start in 2012 either.
Devils Panthers was actually like an 8:30 start (seriously!), which from what I remember was only because they didn't wanna interfere with the Senators/Rangers game 7, which I think started at 7:00, but they weren't gonna start our game at 9:30, so they were going to have to coincide somewhat, but that made it so that ours didn't start until around the time the 2nd period ended in that game.

That was the explanation at the time.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Devils Panthers was actually like an 8:30 start (seriously!), which from what I remember was only because they didn't wanna interfere with the Senators/Rangers game 7, which I think started at 7:00, but they weren't gonna start our game at 9:30, so they were going to have to coincide somewhat, but that made it so that ours didn't start until around the time the 2nd period ended in that game.

That was the explanation at the time.
LOL yikes...you're probably right, I don't remember that game ending too late though despite going into double OT - maybe 12:30 AM?

Reactions: Bleedred

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
they haven't played in an elimination game yet. games 3 and 4 were not elimination games, "basically" or otherwise.

i'm nervous but confident because i think we're the better team, but saying we won games 3 and 4 are not the same as a game 7 and i expect some level of nerves from players who haven't done that before.
I’m sure no one here thought that losing Game 3 meant the series was over. Heavy sarcasm intended. Most here were saying the series was over after Game 2.

Game 3 on the road when you’re already down 2-0 is the closest thing to an elimination game and it’s disingenuous to act as if it’s a way less difficult situation than a Game 7. This team has faced LOADS of adversity all year and in this very series. For some reason this keeps being downplayed around here.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL yikes...you're probably right, I don't remember that game ending too late though despite going into double OT - maybe 12:30 AM?
Yup!

I believe the game ended sometime around 12:20 AM on the 27th of April.

Which one thing that was hyped a lot that night was that the 27th of April was the 20th anniversary of Marty's playoff debut, which was just a relief appearance against the Rangers.

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
Bad result, Rangers just outskated them starting in P2. Nothing was that concerning imo, maybe a bit of copium.

Kreider’s shot directly off his boot. Zibenejads goal, if Schmid covers that puck the plays dead. Tarasenko’s goal, idk who made that awful breakout pass but that again is a zone clearance non issue. 2 on 1 goal bounced off Goodrow and in, Schneider’s was deflected once or twice.

Seems like they got the book on Schmid, high glove is clearly the weakness. Having said that letting a shooter come down uncovered in the slot is just inexcusable.

I’d like and expect them to start Schmid tmrw night. I’d like them to roll the same lineup too. I’m sure some may want to see Luke in for Bahl but not me. Bahl made some bad plays last night, but I think he’s still better than Hughes. The biggest issue is Shesterkin and the Devils insistence on taking penalties but still feeling pretty confident at home with last change which I think will be huge.

Reactions: DevilDog

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Because its the only game 7 on the docket. Just like Canes Rags last year.
View attachment 700209
Well my point was more they don't tend to do it till later in the playoffs though Panthers-Devils was a good example of one where they did in the first round. Rangers-Penguins was 7 PM last year in the first round. Obviously the Cup Final games are gonna start 8 and later, we know that but they don't always press the extreme prime time button early on.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Well my point was more they don't tend to do it till later in the playoffs though Panthers-Devils was a good example of one where they did in the first round. Rangers-Penguins was 7 PM last year in the first round.
They do it when they can have one game on the docket, which is hard to do in the first round with many series and many possible game 7s. Hence why its more common in later rounds.

The panthers devils one is actually the opposite reason as they had many games going on that night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My friend has an April 27th birthday and we actually talked before game 5 about Devils games on his birthday, which were almost always playoff games. He mentioned we had won on April 27th of 2021 when the regular season went later because of the covid year. I guess we beat the Flyers.

He pointed out how we won the Panthers series on his birthday, even though it was a game that was played on the 26th, but went after midnight, due to both a 60-90 minute later start than normal, combined with double overtime periods.

But he did mention we had some ugly defeats on that day, most of them in the playoffs, as the regular season is almost always over by the 27th of April, outside of the covid year recently and the last lockout shortened season.

Apparently we were eliminated by Carolina on his birthday in 2002, I remember us hanging out and watching the game that day. Game 1 of the Toronto series in 2000 was on his birthday. We lost that game, but won the series. He mentioned we won the game against the Penguins on his birthday in the 1999 playoffs, but wound up losing the series. The 1994 4OT game loss to Buffalo was also on his birthday, but I think that one ended after midnight, as well.

He also mentioned the pathetic 2013 regular season finale against the Rangers at MSG, just so happened to be on his 30th birthday. So our record coming into that game on his birthday against the Rangers was 0-2 with the 1992 playoff loss in game 5. It was nice that we got a win on his 40th birthday.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They do it when they can have one game on the docket, which is hard to do in the first round with many series and many possible game 7s. Hence why its more common in later rounds.

The panthers devils one is actually the opposite reason as they had many games going on that night.
I think it was just our game and the Sens/Rangers that night, but both games were in the Eastern time zone.

I clearly remember that in the 2012 playoffs our series with Florida started on the third night of the playoffs. That was actually an annoyance among many here. I don't think they even start a series on the third night of the playoffs anymore. I think they stopped doing that some years back, but they did it that year and we were the lone game 1 that night. There were game 2's going on that same night, as the playoffs started 2 nights before that.

I don't even know why the third night start that year. Florida may have had a concert or something in their building. There's not many events in their building other than the Panthers, but I do see sometimes they have large music acts coming through on tour or wrestling, but their building isn't nearly as busy as Prudential Center or MSG, A lot of the big concert tours come to Miami and their arena instead of the one in the middle of nowhere in Sunrise.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
That happened. I remember it. not sure if it was the same side of the ice length wise, but in the same zone. yes.
It was the same zone and one was near, perhaps in, the faceoff circle while the other was maybe half way between the circle and the blue line.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In before the game 7 lineup is some vetrin laden lineup with Wood and Smith dressed again, Vitek starting and Blackwood dressed as the backup with Schmid a healthy scratch lol.

I don't honestly think Vitek is starting though, but I'm skeeved out thinking there's a real possibility someone like Wood or Smith goes in.

I would like to think they probably won't, as we have no margin for error anymore and one of them can take a penalty that decides the game.

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
In before the game 7 lineup is some vetrin laden lineup with Wood and Smith dressed again, Vitek starting and Blackwood dressed as the backup with Schmid a healthy scratch lol.

I don't honestly think Vitek is starting though, but I'm skeeved out thinking there's a real possibility someone like Wood or Smith goes in.

I would like to think they probably won't, as we have no margin for error anymore and one of them can take a penalty that decides the game.
I'm definitely paranoid at Mr. Old School galaxy braining the lineup too. More for Wood than Smith though cause I'm not sure he has anyone to pull on D unless he ***** over Siegs again. I don't see him pulling Graves either although if he did, it'd be for Smith especially given the PK minutes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm definitely paranoid at Mr. Old School galaxy braining the lineup too. More for Wood than Smith though cause I'm not sure he has anyone to pull on D unless he ***** over Siegs again. I don't see him pulling Graves either although if he did, it'd be for Smith especially given the PK minutes.
I don't think he's gonna scratch the guy that scored one of the goals last night for Wood, but watch him pull some dumb shit where Lazar still plays, but Wood comes in there in favor of someone else and plays on the 3rd line just like McLeod and we have two 4th lines lol.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I can’t see a team that is shitty 5 on 5 and heavily relies on its goalie and PP making it far . Just too much luck to rely on. As we have seen , the Rangers have a garbage 4th line . Other teams (like us ) will exploit that.
Like I’ve said before , we won’t have to think about the Rangers past this round as we will best them if we get even close to fair refereeing.
Whats crazy is that we are going to game 7 while most of our studs ae not scoring . Imagine how deadly we are going to be once Meier , Nico , Bratt , Tatar , all get going !

Well, they better hurry because time is not on their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad