Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 5/2 8:14 PM - Jack Edwards' final game MUST be a B's win - NESN, TBS, MAX, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublime0852

Feb 15, 2010
maine
Holy overreaction.

Glad to see they are going back to what worked.

I think you play Ullmark
Isn't this kind of a contradiction? go back to what worked, but change goalies? Swayman has worked. I agree with your statement. go back to what worked.

Reactions: HustleB

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Ok, this I agree with, lol.
See, we do agree from time to time.

I love that they forced the guys to watch every mistake they made.

Isn't this kind of a contradiction? go back to what worked, but change goalies? Swayman has worked. I agree with your statement. go back to what worked.
I don't think they will play Ullmark but I am concerned that Toronto now knows how to beat Swayman

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
If the refs' are altering their calls because of a team's announcer, then there is definitely a severe lack of professionalism we need to be talking about.
Feel like a coordinated ref attempt to make calls in a certain direction has a high chance of failure given, you know, they’re generally inept.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Setting the bar low here. But I just hope they show up on time.

That and have some attitude. Snarly preferably. I’d take slightly annoyed if that isn’t possible

Reactions: northeastern

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
We bemoan that we are not getting more offense from Zacha and Coyle; however PK in the playoffs are more intense and critical and having both top centers on PK is taking away from their offensive game.
Then to compound things Monty benches Beecher who also does PK.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

McAvoy really needs to step up and have a good playoffs.

He's been okay but if he's really in that Heiskanen tier of #1 defensemen, he's gotta take over a series. As much as Gryz got bodied by Tavares on the OT goal, I think I'm more mad at McAvoy's lazy play on the follow-up.

Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If Marchy can tell a ref to his face to get the f*** off him, lol I'm damn well gonna curse at these chokers one time when they come out at 60% speed and float :laugh:
You can curse them but would you rather him say something cliche and say we played well in OT? It’s a great sign that they had what sounds like a very good video session and meeting. Sometimes guys just need to be picked apart to see the little missed details.

I’m not worried.

Reactions: Bruin and sooshii

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Which of the two goals last night (neither of which were his fault) would lead you to believe that?
It wasn’t the goals, it’s them crashing the net and beginning to shoot higher on him that I’ve noticed as the series has gone on. I’m confident in Sway but the curious side of me wonders if Ullmark would draw in.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022

Guy has been a monumental disappointment in the play-offs so far in his career. I hope he turns it around starting Thursday

If the refs' are altering their calls because of a team's announcer, then there is definitely a severe lack of professionalism we need to be talking about.
I'm more interested in which ref was on the grassy knoll

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
It wasn’t the goals, it’s them crashing the net and beginning to shoot higher on him that I’ve noticed as the series has gone on. I’m confident in Sway but the curious side of me wonders if Ullmark would draw in.
If they didn’t know before to shoot high on a butterfly goalie they ain’t to bright,I would say it’s probably a good idea that almost every shot taken should be up high on every goalie in the League.Unless you’re going 5 hole.lol

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
That's absolutely fair. Coach doing dumb ass things or not, it's on players to put forth the effort. And for 1.5+ periods last night, for whatever reason, they put forth a horrid effort and an even worse performance.

However, it goes the other way as well. Montgomery's presser indicated he didn't think lineup changes had any impact (meaning, I guess, this was on the players???).

Reality? Montgomery stunk just as bad as the players. Even worse because his decisions were made without pressure of the game. He could have sat at lunch for an hour with his PBJ sandwich and really thought about the reasons for changing a winning lineup, whether they would be worth the risk, and what if anything last year taught him on the subject. The players at least have to perform in the moment and under pressure.

Boquist A
Marchand A
Swayman A

Montgomery F
Sweeney/Neely F (for letting Montgomery do this AGAIN)
I'd give Marchy an A for games 1-4, but not game 5. Was I the only one who saw how he choked on that open net tap in?
Hey, if this thread is going to criticize just about everyone who played last night, let's not play favorites.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I'd give Marchy an A for games 1-4, but not game 5. Was I the only one who saw how he choked on that open net tap in?
Hey, if this thread is going to criticize just about everyone who played last night, let's not play favorites.
Well, at least, you didn't give Pasta an A. I would have given Pasta an A if it stood for Absent.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Bruins against Blues to win Cup, Florida best record all time, and Toronto

Home

Game 2 : 0-3
Game 5: 0-3
Game 7: 0-2

Um not feeling confident if it goes 7

Geez……we lived through each of them but when you line them up like that……it makes you shake your head even more.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I said it the other and I’ll say it even more now…..if Peeke doesn’t get hurt in game 2 this is a sweep. He’s that valuable and takes pressure off Carlo and going with 5 D for half a playoff game is murder. Sorry to see him get hurt as he’s a gamer for sure. However……as they say……..were ifs and buts fruit and nuts nobody would go hungry.

I’m so annoyed right now.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad