GDT: ECQF: Game 5 | Wings @ Lightning | 7:00 PM EST | "It's hockey, not a dance off"

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Kinda lost the hope after last game, tbh. But if you win this one you might aswell find yourself in a game 7. #soyouaresayingthereisachance

Also, potentially Datsyuk's last game as a Red Wing. Sad.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Nope. Tonight I'm going to wear my Raspberry Beret and Party Like It's 1999 in my Little Red Corvette after the Wings Win.

That's more like it.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Best sketch of all time? I think so. I still laugh every time I think about it. My biggest regret in life is I didn't get to go to one of Prince's impromptu parties in Minneapolis. I wonder if Suter and Praise did?

Getting a little off track here. GO WINGS!

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
It's not over yet.

Just imagine that the Wings are Aragorn and King Theoden and company right at the end of the Battle of Helm's Deep when they ride out across the bridge. Numbers were against them, but all of the sudden Gandalf returns at the top of the hill with an army of exiled Rohanian soldiers; they end up charging down the hill against the mighty Uru-Kai. They persevere.

Eh, hoping for similar outcome. :shrug:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's not over yet.

Just imagine that the Wings are Aragorn and King Theoden right at the end of the Battle of Helm's Deep when they ride out across the bridge. Numbers were against them, but all of the sudden Gandalf returns at the top of the hill with an army of exiled Rohanian soldiers; they end up charging down the hill against the mighty Uru-Kai. They persevere.

You guys are killing me today. :laugh: I needed this mood boost.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That's more like it.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Best sketch of all time? I think so. I still laugh every time I think about it. My biggest regret in life is I didn't get to go to one of Prince's impromptu parties in Minneapolis. I wonder if Suter and Praise did?

Definitely one of the best skits ever. Along with the Rick james skit.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It's not over yet.

Just imagine that the Wings are Aragorn and King Theoden and company right at the end of the Battle of Helm's Deep when they ride out across the bridge. Numbers were against them, but all of the sudden Gandalf returns at the top of the hill with an army of exiled Rohanian soldiers; they end up charging down the hill against the mighty Uru-Kai. They persevere.

Ken Holland definitely ain't Gandalf. :laugh:

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
Remember how I said expect a very drunk DeYarmond in tonight's thread due to my day off tomorrow?

K well Prince died. Expect incoherent DeYarmond in tonights thread.

Take it easy on me, mods. :laugh:

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
2-1 Wings

The trend of scoring no more than 2 goals per game continues. Mrazek stands on his head. We kill off all but one penalty, go 0-4 on the PP again, and score a fluky goal in the third to force a game six.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Remember how I said expect a very drunk DeYarmond in tonight's thread due to my day off tomorrow?

K well Prince died. Expect incoherent DeYarmond in tonights thread.

Take it easy on me, mods. :laugh:

I'm giving a free pass to anybody in mourning.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Definitely one of the best skits ever. Along with the Rick james skit.

Charlie Murphy!!! What's up partna??? Darkness everyone, Darkness is spreading!

Best sketch I have ever seen. When that first came out everyone in my Flightline shop quoted it for at least a year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Charlie Murphy!!! What's up partna??? Darkness everyone, Darkness is spreading!

Best sketch I have ever seen. When that first came out everyone in my Flightline shop quoted it for at least a year.

I still regularly quote both those skits to this day.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
That's more like it.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Best sketch all time?
Come on, no love for Clayton Bigsby?

Last edited by a moderator:

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
What's our PP at this postseason?

Nm looked it up

Game 1 0/5
Game 2 1/5
Game 3 0/7
Game 4 0/4

That's ****ing pathetic.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
What's our PP at this postseason?

Nm looked it up

Game 1 0/5
Game 2 1/5
Game 3 0/7
Game 4 0/4

That's ****ing pathetic.

4.76%, They could potentially be leading the series 3-1 if they scored a PP goal in each game (19%). But no point in blaming just the PP, good teams overcome problems like this and Wings are not a good team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad