ECQF Game 5: Toronto(2) @ BRUINS(2) | 7:00PM EDT | NESN, NBCSN, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Did the refs do a better job as opposed to game 2?

I mean, the Leafs only got one (?) powerplay to the Bruins 3, and it was for too many men.
There was a ton of stuff that could have been called all over, but you expect an even-up of penalties in a playoff game.

Still, Matthews is a beast. Marner is quite the player as well, but his "softening" his ice cream has me doubting he can keep up the pace.
We'll see on Sunday, I guess.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You are really hanging on “incidental” he pushes off the defender right into the goalie.

Edit: I understand not making the call in a 0-0 game, btw, but after the nonsense coming from Leafs fans after game 2, I find this all really annoying.

All good. It’s all opinion.

IMO, Kadri deserves the Match and the suspension. Would have been fine with longer.

Felt there wasn’t evidence to overturn the offside challenge tonight. Good goal. Right call there.

And felt the rule interpretation on this interference question was the correct one.

Not one of these decisions, frustrating to some as they may be... not one even approaches the frustration of New Orleans Saints fans.

On to game 6

James Walker

Sep 28, 2017
The intentional offside from Pastrnak leading to the goal was bull****. Had that been called properly it's most likely a 2-0 game. But whatcha gonna do with these refs and the lopsided penalty tally?
The offside in question was after the goal, pay attention or sober up.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Theres no clear defination of what goalie interference is so unless it's something obvious the CC decision is always gonna be disputed.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I mean, the Leafs only got one (?) powerplay to the Bruins 3, and it was for too many men.
There was a ton of stuff that could have been called all over, but you expect an even-up of penalties in a playoff game.

Still, Matthews is a beast. Marner is quite the player as well, but his "softening" his ice cream has me doubting he can keep up the pace.
We'll see on Sunday, I guess.
yes not my style either lol

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Seeing Bruins fans whine about the refs is hilarious. Their team has had more powerplays than the Leafs, and gotten the benefit of the doubt much more than Toronto all series. Powerplays were even 3-1 tonight. The Leafs only got one when Boston had six men on.

The refs let Boston get away with acting like wrestlers, running interference and smashing Leafs' heads into the boards in game 2. They've let them get away with a lot in the rest of the series too.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease
Or pushing yourself into the goalie........... And he was still in the blue as Don showed clearly

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Hymen fell into Rask all on his own. You don't actually have to be in crease for GI either. Rask had position and was pushed off that position by Hymen....and yes, that extra half second could've been the difference between a goal and a save.
FTR, as a Canuck fan, I hate both teams.

Lmao gotta watch the spelling there bud...yikes. Hyman...

Reactions: Crosscrease14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad