Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
We already know. He over thinks and over coaches. Which can translate to meddling.
We all said it last season against Florida.This season we saw more signs of it.
Reared its ugly head today. He's doing it again.
Whether he wants it or not he is vying to be the face of the franchise. Over inflated opinion of himself and of what a coach is.
He ain't the first one to do it.....so it's easy to spot.
Pat Burns did same thing in Montreal. Serge canned him and they immediately won the cup.....with Burns out of the way.
Pat learned from this and won a title in Jersey.
I don't think Montgomery is an ego tripper.

He overthinks, overcoaches, and vacillates. He cannot seem make up his mind.

I am willing to give him an opportunity to right the ship, but have been wary since the FLA series and hyper critical of his methods.

The inexplicable decision to sit Beecher
Is a prime example of what I mean. The handling of Maroon and Gryzlick are others.

My confidence in our head coach is not high.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Wow you must have low expectations. This Leafs team is a joke. If he is having problems now I hate to see what we get against Fla and Canes.
He’s not going to tear it up in the playoffs the same way he does in the regular season. My hope was he was getting acclimated to the tighter checking and tonight would be a breakout game for him . I was wrong .

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I don't think Montgomery is an ego tripper.

He overthinks, overcoaches, and vacillates. He cannot seem make up his mind.

I am willing to give him an opportunity to right the ship, but have been wary since the FLA series and hyper critical of his methods.

The inexplicable decision to sit Beecher
Is a prime example of what I mean. The handling of Maroon and Gryzlick are others.

My confidence in our head coach is not high.
Unnecessary adjustments for sure but is the bigger concern why the team collectively came out so flat in the first two periods? The Leafs came to play, the Bruins didn’t . If they win on Thursday, all is forgiven.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Please don't equate the 2. Its not even close. If Krejci and Bergeron are good to go, they play. Its that simple. That's like saying the Leafs should sit a healthy Matthews next game because they won Game 5 without him.

As for Beecher, yeah, I'd have started him in place of either Maroon or Brazeau, but II ain't losing sleep over it. We've blown 3-1 series leads to Toronto before, so I don't know why people are surprised by this...
I knew somebody would come back with the Bergy, Krejci thing

The lesson that was not learned last year from Mr. Montgomery, is that you "do not replace healthy players who are winning games in the playoffs with players who are coming off injuries and are not 100%" (unless you absolutely have to).....but they did not absolutely have to, and it actually screwed up the chemistry they had going from games 3 & 4 which eventually cost the Bruins the series

That's the lesson that should've been learned by Monty....but he ignored it, because he never seems to learn from his f**king mistakes

He has shown me that he is not a good playoff coach, and is unwilling to learn from previous mistakes. Putting Gryz in the lineup was another mistake

If I was owner of the Bruins, I'd seriously consider firing him.....TONIGHT

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Steve Dangle after last game said that any Leaf fans that paid to watch game 4 should be given a refund. Many in the TO media said that it was the worst and the bottom for this group they have had for about eight years.

Anyone who was at the game tonight want a refund? The tables turned pretty quick didn’t they?

What makes this worse for me so TO was even more primed for the picking as many have said. Everything except Swayman was bad. They get another shot at it on Thursday and hopefully the pride they should have comes through. Swayman at least sounded that way after the game. The Bruins overall make it tough on themselves and us don’t they……..once again……..

Lastly home ice is officially pointless in the NHL, IMO. These two teams prove it but some of the other series show it too. Each game is on its own and with time between games as we have seen the momentum can get lost. The advantage is really just last change and in some arenas the crowd………oh and maybe a good ice surface to play on vs slow, choppy puck bouncing garbage……..

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Both of these teams would get absolutely smoked by the Panthers. Bruins only generate 2 (TWO) shots in the first 20 and it still took OT because the Leafs also suck.
Facts are facts. You need a brain IAC 🧠 coach to beat the Panthers . This clown is lucky if he beats the Leafs.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad