Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
The Bruins have now lost 11 of their last 13 home playoff games that went to OT dating all the way back to game 4 against Chicago in the Finals in 2013.

The only 2 victories came in game 1 against the Blue Jackets in round 2 in 2019 and in game 3 against the Capitals in round 1 in 2021.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I can't wait to have a number one center again.

Coyle has overachieved his way nicely into the top 6. Zacha is just a wing. Beecher should be in getting experience instead of having two aircraft carriers with Boqvist.

I don't get the Brazeau thing at all. Good player or whatever but he didn't earn his way into this and Beecher didn't fumble his way out. Part of the reason they went with college boy Monty was to avoid dumbshit decisions like this on young players.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Grizz took the wrong angle and then got outpowered by Tavares, but Coyle and McAvoy were both out to lunch on the play.

View attachment 862800
Probably because they didn’t expect Gryz to absolutely hamburger that play. Tavares beat Gryz to the step, Gryz took wrong angle, then got overpowered like me slam dunking a five year old on a Nerf hoop.

So in fairness to 74 and 13, even I didn’t expect him to get beat so bad. I’ve seen mules treated better.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
They sucked tonight Don !!!
Come on, if it wasn't for Swayman there wouldn't of been any overtime ! Actually the Leafs weren't much better, but they were better than the Bruins by a mile, just shows U how bad the Bruins were. This was one of the worst playoff games, if not the worst I've ever watched.
What is concerning for Boston is not that the Bruins were bad. What is concerning is that the Leafs were bad. And won....in Boston.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Probably because they didn’t expect Gryz to absolutely hamburger that play. Tavares beat Gryz to the step, Gryz took wrong angle, then got overpowered like me slam dunking a five year old on a Nerf hoop.

So in fairness to 74 and 13, even I didn’t expect him to get beat so bad. I’ve seen mules treated better.
Gryz is not NHL caliber. That is on full display every spring. He looked like someones son out there playing with the dads.
Monty is a moron and a poser.
Dallas cut him loose for good reason.
After watching him .....I know enough now that in any series I would bet on team that doesn't have him as coach.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
What I'm most upset about is only scoring one goal on Joseph Woll, and that goal being a fluke anyway. Literally the worst goalie in the league.
yup.
either team gets destroyed by Panthers . Much as I hate the Leafs and their media , ide like it be them that gets slaughtered in a sweep by Florida.
Bruins are giving them some fake cred here.

No issue with Brasseau but missed Beechers speed.Lineup changed alot with 2 changes .Grizz created an issue with left shot on wrong side.A couple times I saw puck come out along wall to blueline and Bruins D man there on backhand waiting with no play but try to backhand it back deep.
yup. Monty doesn't even know what you're talking about

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Gryz is not NHL caliber. That is on full display every spring. He looked like someones son out there playing with the dads.
Monty is a moron and a poser.
Dallas cut him loose for good reason.
After watching him .....I know enough now that in any series I would bet on team that doesn't have him as coach.
Dallas cut him loose over booze.He even mentioned it getting COY award he got

Reactions: BTO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad