Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
That reminds me of the time I threw a rock at the UPS driver when I was 12 as he drove by. He screeched to a halt, backed up, turned up my driveway, and tattled on me to my mom in the front yard.

No meth though.

When I was that age my neighbor told me about a kid who threw a snowball at a UPS guy's windshield during a snow day. He screeched to a halt, but instead of tattling he punched the kid in the face, and drove away

Now that I think about it, probably a story his parents told him because they knew we were morons who would try something like that eventually

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The whole team needs their T levels checked or a sports psychologist to figure out why they forget how to play hockey in any game that has meaning. Top guys turn into AHL scrubs for the 2nd year in a row it’s odd, or is it the 3rd? Grown men in their prime should have higher compete levels.
The man buns should be shaved off before the playoffs. YUCKO

Reactions: Bodit9

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Grizz took the wrong angle and then got outpowered by Tavares, but Coyle and McAvoy were both out to lunch on the play.

1714530006843.png

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
It's not the entire reason they lost, but, just, wow. There was no reason for the changes. I've never heard of a coach just swapping out two players after winning two in a row in the playoffs. It's just roulette-wheel garbage. A weak effort is always on the players, but Monty can f*** off with this type of tinkering.
I promised not to pile on.

Even so, agreed.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Grizz took the wrong angle and then got outpowered by Tavares, but Coyle and McAvoy were both out to lunch on the play.

View attachment 862800

Kind of deceiving. First off, McAvoy is looking back and secondly, they have to anticipate the possibility that Gryz actually does force him around the net and they need to challenge Tavares on the other side whether it be a wrap around or a pass back to the point.

Gryz is a defenseman. As bad as he can be, one should be able to expect that he does some type of defending to disrupt the play. Unfortunately, he ended up being a total pedestrian on that play.

And for the record, I think he's actually shying away from physicality less in these two games that he has played than he has in the past during the playoffs. But he still is such a weak player to have on the back end whatever way you slice it. It's like Marc-Andre Bergeron with far less production. It's a risk in the defensive zone every single shift. The best thing you can hope for every shift is that it never comes down to a 1-on-1 like this because Gryz loses that almost every time.

Reactions: Rydan and Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad