Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Gotta bury your chances . We had lots. Here we are. This isnt because brazzeau or grez was in the lineup. If jake or Coyle popped those slam dunk chances we all would say how brilliant monty is. The score was 2 to 1 in overtime.
Negative. They had no business getting to OT. If they stole a win it would’ve been one of the greatest injustices in NHL history. Monty is still a jackass for trying to be smarter than everybody else

Reactions: Gordoff

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I legitimately have no idea how the f*** they came out of that first period 1-1 despite being 4-21 on the dot and 2 shots on goal.

The goal they scored took a bounce off Maroon and somehow ended up on Frederic’s stick.

That was probably the worst period of tied hockey I’ve ever seen in my entire life as a Bruins fan, let alone an elimination game at home.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
If they blow another 3-1 lead, I think we all have to admit something is rotten with the leadership on the team.

Way too many playoff no shows in big games to not give that serious thought.

Luckily they aren’t losing the series

I don't know about that.

They had some terrible effort in the playoffs leading up to the 2011 Cup run too.

For whatever reason, it happens. I can't explain it. They can't explain it. But it just happens.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Viewer wise - Top 5 worst played play off hockey games of all time.
Can't name the other 4

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I legitimately have no idea how the f*** they came out of that first period 1-1 despite being 4-21 on the dot and 2 shots on goal.

The goal they scored took a bounce off Maroon and somehow ended up on Frederic’s stick.

That was probably the worst period of tied hockey I’ve ever seen in my entire life as a Bruins fan, let alone an elimination game at home.

I couldn't stop telling my wife how I've seen them down by four goals after the first period before and thought they played far better hockey doing than that first period tonight. It was mind blowingly bad.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Man if they won they could have just stayed in Boston and rested and recovered for round 2 but now they have to fly back to Toronto and go to war again.

Reactions: BTO

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Negative. They had no business getting to OT. If they stole a win it would’ve been one of the greatest injustices in NHL history. Monty is still a jackass for trying to be smarter than everybody else
We blew them out in Toronto I would never predicted that . I expected a close battle when series started. This game was more what I imagined. Just didn't get puck luck tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad