Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Every time the Maroon line was on the ice, the puck would just get thrown around the boards endlessly in the offensive zone until they lost possession. This happened over and over and over again. It's like they were all daring one another to actually try to and create a real scoring chance.

Not a single line was in sync. It's almost like the lineup shouldn't have been tampered with.
Maroon does his best work chirping in warm up, he doesn’t need to actually be on a line in the game to do that.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Let's be honest. Are the Bruins really any better than the Leafs? They've won what, one playoff series since 2019? The streak may not be as long, but in that time the Leafs have won a single series also.

This game for me was a milepost, I wanted to see if they had anything in the tank, that they could turn it on and take care of business. They couldn't.
It’s the battle of the playoff choke artists really

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1714530962738.png

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
did any reporters ask monty why he made the line up changes?

I think thats the most maddening part of all this, I just have NO IDEA what his thought process was. They got annihilated on faceoffs after sitting their best faceoff man and the dman they brought in gets outmuscled on the OT goal..an absolute disaster class that he doesnt even have to answer for.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Blame Grezlyk or not……..why did this game even get to OT???? TO has their backup in and their big scorer isn’t playing. They are fragile as they were fighting on the bench last game, their PP and PK stink…….but we let them back in the series. Unreal. I worry now what changes Monty will make. They couldn’t get the puck out about 50 times tonight. Last game they were on rebounds and didn’t give them a sniff. It was like two completely different teams from game 4 to game 5.

Just unbelievable. Yet they can still win the series Thursday. I wish we would have played night as the extra day sometimes hurts vs helps.

We shall see. It’s called Bruins and it’s taking years off our life! LOL!

Don’t let tonight ruin your peace everyone. Sun comes up tomorrow……..somewhere. Have a good night (or at least try to!)

Reactions: Tommy Tubs

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Seriously, c'mon Don, take off your Monty colored glasses. His changes to a winning lineup were horrific and he didn't have this team ready to play at all. Too bad the Bruins couldn't fire him immediately after the game, it would greatly increase our chances of winning.
agree 100 percent

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
See games 1, 3, and 4.

I'm not guaranteeing anything. But they obviously CAN with this. What we saw tonight is far below what they've shown they can do this series. And they've certainly been able to finish off Toronto many times in the recent past despite nearly choking it away.
Honestly i saw those games more as Toronto playing like shit down the stretch. Sadly, Toronto wasn’t all that great tonight either. Boston just that much worse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad