Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
That's what gets me. I can see one, maybe even two, but in a game where speed is a weapon all three ?? Monty decides to dress three of the slowest guys in the league, in a clincher. Your not getting much of a forecheck going with those guys on the ice. Just a terrible decision ! He for someone reason wants to be major factor and show the hockey world just how smart he is, well he's doing just the opposite unfortunately!

Why any changes at all, after going into Toronto and coming away with a pair of wins?!?!
Monty is a moron. If it ain't broke, don't fix it

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Don't do this to me again Bruins. Do not let some unproven goalie step in midway through and turn a playoff series against you on its head.

Now all of a sudden, Carlo is questionable, we literally have no idea who is starting Game 6, and the world's best goal scorer MIGHT be back in the Leaf line-up for Game 6.

Go into Toronto, load up your top 9 (and especially top 6). Put Pasta back with Marchand. Load up your Top 4 D with your 4 best defensive D-men. This isn't charity. Limit the 4th line whoever it is. Limit the 3rd pais exposure. Lean on your best players, play them more, put the pedal down and win a playoff hockey game and get this over with.

And win a face-off. When Max Domi is eating you alive in the dot. Why was Beecher scratched?

This happened during the regular season too. Beecher would be on a good run of play and all of the sudden Monty would remove him and say he "wasn't performing how we'd like".

I have no idea what he/the coaching staff sees sometimes.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Seemed like the Bruins were playing not to lose and the Leafs were playing to win.
Monty better have something up his sleeve for game 6. Got beat to a way to many pucks tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Why the f*** couldnt they just come out big and confident in the 1st? wtf was that period, one of the worst ive ever seen. Gave the leafs so much life.
Yeah I don’t get the whole well we knew the Leafs were going to be taken it to the Bruins because they had to,oh so let’s just let them we don’t have to because we don’t have to win,that’s garbage.

Reactions: Gnome17

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
It's not the entire reason they lost, but, just, wow. There was no reason for the changes. I've never heard of a coach just swapping out two players after winning two in a row in the playoffs. It's just roulette-wheel garbage. A weak effort is always on the players, but Monty can f*** off with this type of tinkering.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That's what gets me. I can see one, maybe even two, but in a game where speed is a weapon all three ?? Monty decides to dress three of the slowest guys in the league, in a clincher. Your not getting much of a forecheck going with those guys on the ice. Just a terrible decision ! He for someone reason wants to be major factor and show the hockey world just how smart he is, well he's doing just the opposite unfortunately!

Why any changes at all, after going into Toronto and coming away with a pair of wins?!?!
Monty better be gone don't win this series.You cannot blow 3-1 series leads back to back years and keep your job when you make changes both times.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
It's not the entire reason they lost, but, just, wow. There was no reason for the changes. I've never heard of a coach just swapping out two players after winning two in a row in the playoffs. It's just roulette-wheel garbage. A weak effort is always on the players, but Monty can f*** off with this type of tinkering.

Too late. He has to tinker and overthink.

Maroon in OT.

You all just saw that.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
This happened during the regular season too. Beecher would be on a good run of play and all of the sudden Monty would remove him and say he "wasn't performing how we'd like".

I have no idea what he/the coaching staff sees sometimes.

To me it makes no sense going back to Boston you know its gonna be crappy choppy ice go with speed and a heavier forecheck and keep it simpler. I love what Brazeau brought in the regular season but I didn't see any reason to toss him into a critical playoff game with literally zero games playoff experience looking at the entire situation. Then factor in Beecher is decent on the face-offs. I think there was an argument to scratch JVR and put in Lauko. Is Monty making decisions with his head or his heart?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad