Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Just watched the GWG goal again. Yes Gryz gets outmuscled by Tavares too easily, but you also have McAvoy and Coyle both drifting in towards the net with their backs completely to the open ice, guarding nothing but space. Fair enough for one to be covering the low slot, but both is blown coverage and bad communication. And just before that you have a cross-ice pass from Coyle to Marchand that fails to connect under zero pressure, and the same two forwards both blew good chances to score earlier in the period.

Not trying to cover for Gryz - his substandard playoff record is well-established. More to make the point that there's plenty of blame to go around. Too many guys, from the top down, not thinking clearly and making avoidable mistakes. The mental issues are collective.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Here come the Marner like fan opinions.

Tough 1st, and it was close the rest of the way. Leaf's played the best they could, and they squealed it out.

Bruin's up 3-2, and sure they'll play much better next game.
Why? What has this current team ever shown you that makes you think they can close out a series?

Reactions: Gordoff

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Why does Monty always have to **** with the lineup? Why did he put Brazeau back in? the team was playing just fine, but here comes Master Monty and changes the mojo of the team.

Leaves in the goalie like he should, but just had to make a change so he swapped Brazeau back in.... and who looked rusty and like he didn't belong? Brazeau.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
The Bruins came to the ice at home, with their fans in the stands, winning the series 3-1 and proceeded to play the first two periods very uptight. What is that about?

What happens when they touch the ice in Toronto and things are reversed?

Are we heading home for a game 7?
Im canceling my Saturday plans . Once again this team has broken me . I fall for it every time like Charlie Brown and the football .

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Instead of winning the series we're looking at a team who just last season blew a 3-1 series lead walking into one of the loudest buildings in the playoffs (how f***ing pathetic was the garden tonight? yeesh) down their best shut down defenseman with the leafs getting a 70 goal scorer back.

I don't understand the finger wagging about doom and gloom, this team shouldnt have earned anyone any confidence and whenever they do the coach makes a baffling line up decision that directly affects the game.

not feeling great about it! sorry!

Reactions: Gordoff and Clode

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
For nothing. I am sweaty for no reason.
IMG_9841.jpeg

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
One more thing before I leave to preserve my sanity.

I don't trust Pastrnak to be an impact player in any sort of playoff run. Even when he puts in the work, he gets his ass absolutely kicked physically and struggles. The rest of the time he's a non-factor.

I wish he was a bigger part of this series. Not having him perform like a star just adds weight to others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad