Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yeah thats a given. No way either team can compete with them. Last night even when up by 1 in the third they kept attacking like they were going to lose that game. The mentality of both Leafs and Bruins is crapping their pants in the playoffs.
The Leafs could at least skate with them

Reactions: Tarmore

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Question for your fellas:

Why does Gryz keep getting put into the lineup? He always seem to be, by a fair margin, the worst player on the ice for either team every time he’s in the lineup in the post season, on more than one occasion directly causing a loss.

Am I missing something? Why mess with a lineup that’s working to put in a guy who’s so well known for putrid playoff performances?

Really hope the Bruins win this series and the Cup. Watching Marchand lift the Cup as Captain would give me much joy

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
They were playing well in OT…working hard…getting good chances…

You could tell they figured it was only a matter of time until they finished.

But it only takes one play…and you definitely had to have a feeling that one play was gonna pop up.

Game 6 is the game, man. Not 7.

This mentality has been around for multiple years…and they are either going to will it out of themselves next game…or the same script will play out.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Sitting Beecher arguably a bigger error than dressing Gryz to me...
nope.....but close

Monty cannot help himself. His ego has him thinking he plays a big role in each game. Sabotaging is what he does.
Winning line up on the road and comes home up 3-1 . Don't change a frigging thing! Learned nothing from last season.
Over coaches like no coach I've ever seen.

Game 7 Saturday

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
The Bruins came to the ice at home, with their fans in the stands, winning the series 3-1 and proceeded to play the first two periods very uptight. What is that about?

What happens when they touch the ice in Toronto and things are reversed?

Are we heading home for a game 7?

Reactions: Gordoff

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I simply don’t understand why Monty had to change the lineup when things were working in our favor with the players from the last 4 games.

I get sitting Shatty. He was so bad in his own end they could barely put him on the ice. They would shelter him from anything 5 on 5. The issue is that it's Gryz that came in for him, not so much that Shatty had to sit.

I asked 5 times the last 2 days who could possibly sit to get Brazeau in. To me it could not be Beecher, just couldn't. I think that's very obvious now. It's Maroon or nobody at this point. Beecher must dress for his speed and FO's.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Shit effort except for the 3rd. Swayman deserved better. I'm sick of seeing this team not close out games.

They're the more talented team. They should of won this game. Where was the effort from puck drop? We had 3 shots on goal? Just unacceptable. I know the reffing wasn't great, but take some responsibility. Silly passes. Players trying to be "heroes". Just shoot the f***ing puck. I don't understand. Toronto wanted it more. Think about that. THEY wanted it more. And that is the biggest issue. The Bruins should of played like they wanted it and didnt.

This team better get their heads out of their asses. Because you just gave the Leafs an inch. You gave them hope. They got nothing to lose. We do. Get it together. Please. I beg.

They aren't the more talented team. I don't know how you can think/say that with a straight face. Look at the rosters.

The advantage for the Bruins is in a. goaltending and b. work ethic. They had one of those things tonight. The other wasn't good enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad